Club Statement - Trophy Day Celebrations

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I was driving up the road tonight and listening to TalkSport - the first headline on their 6PM news was about our players being investigated by the Police for sectarian chanting. 

This isn't just a few 'dying papers' or 'people who already hate us' reporting on this, I don't think 'belief' should really come into it.

This is huge brand and reputational damage. 

I'm not suggesting we should be on the front foot right now due to legalities, but it comes across as very 'shrugs shoulders'.

100%. Club need to intelligently fight back. No taking away from the fact that some utter scum sullied our name in George Square (I'd like us to own that, and the other shite that went on), but addressing the clear opportunism that's come from it. The subsequent dishonest witchunt on social media, regular media and government. The differences in approach when other fans do the same thing.

I was driving up the road tonight and listening to TalkSport - the first headline on their 6PM news was about our players being investigated by the Police for sectarian chanting. 

This isn't just a few 'dying papers' or 'people who already hate us' reporting on this, I don't think 'belief' should really come into it.

I'm not suggesting we should be on the front foot right now due to legalities, but it comes across as very 'shrugs shoulders'.

Yep and then they will wonder why we continue to just pick up third tier sponsors and partnerships.

Lets not forget the police investigation, will trace that ridiculous name (sectarian in itself) and where it came from, the waste of public money that will be used to get forensic sound analysts in to meticulously breakdown every noise in the video will result in a lot of apologies (not) when our players are cleared. What sad sad little people they are that they actually insult their own direct line to their god to put us down and show us in a bad light.

7 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Correct. 

The club’s response and their minions is making me want to blow my brains out. 

It was the main headline on both the BBC & STV news tonight. It’s starting to gain traction down south as well, noticed Fraser Nelson of the Spectator RT’ing a couple of negative things earlier. 

The club openly state that the bloggers will ‘insulate’ the club (in return for access to Ibrox) but it’s a totally flawed strategy when it comes to days like today. And we’ve alienated pretty much every journo in the country, including Rangers supporting journos, so they are more than happy to stick the boot in rather than help the club. 

It’s a fucking shambles. 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Few Rangers fans in as much of a meltdown over the last few days as anyone else 

Wont even be talking about this in a weeks time 

I’m more pissed off about them posting all the videos over social media for the haters to lap it up

11 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Yeah fair enough actually 

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I had prepared for the shite and faux outrage about social distancing etc so was never gonna watch the news anyway but this has been proper mental. Our Catholic players singing ftp hahaha

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Perhaps not but you can bet your last pound that it will go into history as fact and brought up periodically, both the behaviour of fans and the alleged singing by players. The former will be all of the fans were involved and the latter will be fact when discussed 5 years from now. Manchester still gets discussed and made much worse than it was, yet there was no problems in Seville apparently. The club should be taking legal action if there is evidence the video is fake. 

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I hope Rangers won't be talking about this in a weeks time 

But this mickey mouse government will keep it going for as long as they can milk it because its a distraction from there failings

7 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Correct. 

The club’s response and their minions is making me want to blow my brains out. 

It was the main headline on both the BBC & STV news tonight. It’s starting to gain traction down south as well, noticed Fraser Nelson of the Spectator RT’ing a couple of negative things earlier. 

The club openly state that the bloggers will ‘insulate’ the club (in return for access to Ibrox) but it’s a totally flawed strategy when it comes to days like today. And we’ve alienated pretty much every journo in the country, including Rangers supporting journos, so they are more than happy to stick the boot in rather than help the club. 

It’s a fucking shambles. 

When King came in I know he said to 'ignore the nonsense, the irrelevant and noise', but I feel like we've taken that baton and ran for it until we no longer know how else to 'respond'.

It's a concern for me and as @McEwan's Lager mentioned, a clear issue when it comes to gaining better sponsorship deals.

13 minutes ago, GM63 said:

Lets not forget the police investigation, will trace that ridiculous name (sectarian in itself) and where it came from, the waste of public money that will be used to get forensic sound analysts in to meticulously breakdown every noise in the video will result in a lot of apologies (not) when our players are cleared. What sad sad little people they are that they actually insult their own direct line to their god to put us down and show us in a bad light.

01900FA7-110B-4969-92D7-5179F8231B32.jpeg.f679a491773909284cfd1e2381be83e0.jpeg

😂 

Scotland is a fucking pit. 

Full of obsessed tarriers who can't handle the facet they live in the union. 

They didn't sing FTP, I wish they did tbh. 

55 has broke the nation and a religion is seething. 

5 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Perhaps not but you can bet your last pound that it will go into history as fact and brought up periodically, both the behaviour of fans and the alleged singing by players. The former will be all of the fans were involved and the latter will be fact when discussed 5 years from now. Manchester still gets discussed and made much worse than it was, yet there was no problems in Seville apparently. The club should be taking legal action if there is evidence the video is fake. 

Mate I get what you’re saying and the club absolutely should be taking legal action if there’s evidence the video is fake but I honestly couldn’t care less how the club or support is viewed now  or in the future by people outside of Rangers, I’ve never given a fuck about that and I’m not going to start now 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Maybe the club aren't commenting any further because there's lawsuits already gaining traction behind the scenes? 

Just a thought. 

I really really hope so but going on previous I would doubt it 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Mate I get what you’re saying and the club absolutely should be taking legal action if there’s evidence the video is fake but I honestly couldn’t care less how the club or support is viewed now  or in the future by people outside of Rangers, I’ve never given a fuck about that and I’m not going to start now 

We could've marched across that bridge hand in hand with flowers and boxes of celebrations yet still get slaughtered because it's us. 

Have people honestly forgot that as soon as we were back on top this is the norm? The full country hating us :lol:

If its not sectarian socks and wrecking sandcastles we're not allowed to sing Sweet Caroline anymore :lol:

When King came in I know he said to 'ignore the nonsense, the irrelevant and noise', but I feel like we've taken that baton and ran for it until we no longer know how else to 'respond'.

It's a concern for me and as @McEwan's Lager mentioned, a clear issue when it comes to gaining better sponsorship deals.

Where exactly are we failing on sponsorship deals at the moment?

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We could've marched across that bridge hand in hand with flowers and boxes of celebrations yet still get slaughtered because it's us. 

Have people honestly forgot that as soon as we were back on top this is the norm? The full country hating us :lol:

If its not sectarian socks and wrecking sandcastles we're not allowed to sing Sweet Caroline anymore :lol:

Let's see what happens next month when the Tartan trannies are out. All that "litter" and them pulling their skirts up flashing their wee hauf inchers at all and sundry (Indecent exposure) See if there is any mock outrage then. 

You can’t defend the actions of the dafties cutting about amongst the decent people, Rangers fans or not, some of the things I seen are an embarrassment and there was absolutely no reason for any Rangers fan to feel embarrassed this year

the shit I seen videos of reminded me of Manchester, an amazing 2 days then after the match, all hell broke loose and it was a toxic environment, 7 of us walking through the city centre and we all had the same thoughts, let’s get to fuck back to the hotel before we either get the jail or end up fighting with other Rangers fans, sad how these things go but it was predictable when you took in the circumstances at the weekend

Archived