Jump to content

Rangers and Malmö FF


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I met Robert Prytz as a kid, I think he was playing for Pollok at the time. I remember being really excited to meet him as my Dad waxed lyrical about him as a Rangers player.

He coached me at a Rangers training day/soccer school thing and I got him to sign my signature book at the end of it which I still have somewhere. Happy days. 

Cool story. I'm probably closer to your da's age. He was a silky player but then again, I always have a preference for midfield players.

McEwan's Lager likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Cool story. I'm probably closer to your da's age. He was a silky player but then again. I always have a preference for midfield players.

Yeah he was a big fan of that era's midfield - Cooper, Redford, Russell, Prytz, Bett etc - but said it just lacked a bit of bite and that we needed a better player than Paterson alongside McClelland at the back.

ayrshireranger likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah he was a big fan of that era's midfield - Cooper, Redford, Russell, Prytz, Bett etc - but said it just lacked a bit of bite and that we needed a better player than Paterson alongside McClelland at the back.

your dad taught you well mate. Jim Bett was a tremendous football player but never made it at Rangers quite as well as Bobby Russell did. Redford as well. 

As good as we are right now, we have missed a creative midfielder for years (dare i say Veerman).

As for the Malmo game, we will have to work hard but knowing Gerrard and co, we will do our homework and get it done.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

your dad taught you well mate. Jim Bett was a tremendous football player but never made it at Rangers quite as well as Bobby Russell did. Redford as well. 

As good as we are right now, we have missed a creative midfielder for years (dare i say Veerman).

As for the Malmo game, we will have to work hard but knowing Gerrard and co, we will do our homework and get it done.

To tell you the truth I actually prefer watching games on YouTube from the 80s up until around 2010/11. 

Somehow pitches are better, fitness is about 100x better, technical ability is better yet we have conspired to create a less entertaining product. 

SheriffHood, Kitey79 and bluenoz like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

To tell you the truth I actually prefer watching games on YouTube from the 80s up until around 2010/11. 

Somehow pitches are better, fitness is about 100x better, technical ability is better yet we have conspired to create a less entertaining product. 

It's like the snooker less characters more robots, plus money coming into the game from people who really don't care about football like the glaziers etc 

Link to post
Share on other sites

JJ is a walking billboard in that picture. Although I would prefer us to have just the one sponsor logo on our shirt, don't suppose I can complain too much compared to some of the kits you see where every spare inch of space is logo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, the goal machine said:

Jelavic’s goal over there was a belter IIRC. Home leg was grim as fuck.

It was horrific, was only two games into McCoists reign but you could tell it was going to end up a disaster.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Champions league music music back at Ibrox will be a bit of a poignant moment for me, memories of absent friends we have lost on our journey back to the top of s Scottish football. 

After that I canny wait and I can see this being a good game, Malmo are nobody's mug, but in the the immortal words of Jock Wallace I fancy us very strongly for this one.

Blumhoilann likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t realise Jon Dahl Tomasson was their manager until I ended up on his wiki page earlier on today. Was watching Premier League Years 94-95 and wiki’d Paul Kitson and several clicks and  half an hour later there I was down the rabbit hole reading about JDT even though I had no interest in doing so :lol:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great effort that. You should be allowed to make the official match thread for our historical return mate.

@Admin should delete any half-assed thread without the time, date or channel and including a team line-up with players who are suspended/injured. 

@McEwan's Lager

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Didn’t realise Jon Dahl Tomasson was their manager until I ended up on his wiki page earlier on today. Was watching Premier League Years 94-95 and wiki’d Paul Kitson and several clicks and  half an hour later there I was down the rabbit hole reading about JDT even though I had no interest in doing so :lol:

 

I ws at his debut for Milan, I think, in a friendly against us in 2002, was pissing it down with rain :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/Rangers/2157486.stm

BridgeIsBlue and DBBTB like this
Link to post
Share on other sites

I met Jonas Thern a couple of weeks ago and chatted about his time at the club for about 30 mins. Really nice guy. It was before this draw so didn’t talk about Malmö. He was just reminiscing on the players he played with at the time (last year of Walter and first year of advocaat so a hell of a list of players). Some of his stories were amazing.

Of course I thanked him for THAT goal against celtic. He said he knew the instant it left his foot it was going in. Despite his injury troubles he really enjoyed his time at the club and said he was proud to have worn the shirt.

SteveEarle likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Master_Betty said:

I met Jonas Thern a couple of weeks ago and chatted about his time at the club for about 30 mins. Really nice guy. It was before this draw so didn’t talk about Malmö. He was just reminiscing on the players he played with at the time (last year of Walter and first year of advocaat so a hell of a list of players). Some of his stories were amazing.

Of course I thanked him for THAT goal against celtic. He said he knew the instant it left his foot it was going in. Despite his injury troubles he really enjoyed his time at the club and said he was proud to have worn the shirt.

Care to share? 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...