Goldson

GOAT

2 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

He didn’t show it against Malmo on Tuesday. In fact, he some how managed to miss kick the ball in the lead up to their second goal, at a time when it was 100 times easier to either put the foot on it or just rattled it to fuck.

He’s worrying me so far this season.

He also had a clear miskick today early in the first half as well. That's not the type of things pro footballers should be doing let alone under pressure.

6 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

Their goal was a freak deflection caught us out, Goldson is still a quality player and will show that against Malmö 

Their goal was caused by Lundstram letting their number 3 just run with the ball into all sorts of space. 

18 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Morelos i understand as he needs minutes for sharpness on tuesday. 

Kent and Lundstram should have been subbed at half time. Gerrard needs to be much more proactive with his subs imo. I think he trusts the players too much to gives them too much time to try and turn it around instead of actually looking to switch things himself. 

Completely agree. 

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

He also had a clear miskick today early in the first half as well. That's not the type of things pro footballers should be doing let alone under pressure.

Yeah wasn’t great for me today. The moment as well with Nicky Clark does at our corner flag, fs just fucking deal with it.

He was an absolute colossus last season which is why I’m trying to remain objective. Needs to screw the nut and get back on form.

Never been totally convinced by him even though he just had a great season overall. In Europe especially he is prone to too many errors and his positioning can be suspect at times. Good attackers too often get the better of him and poorer ones can get lucky like today.

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

U mean like Tuesday night just passed yeah??

He's not a one man team, so far he's been not at his best this season but he's not getting dropped if that's what people think. Had his header went in no one would be slagging him as bad he will snap out of this and be solid for Malmö game. 

46 minutes ago, Steely said:

I thought Kent and Morelos were worst players in the park. 

I could not understand why it took until the 70th minute (give or take) for Gerrard to get them off

Lundstram and Borna were worse than  Alfie. I thought he should have scored early doors but overall had a decent run out.

This thread man 😅

As much of a negative bastard as I am, I'm clearly not as miserable as some.

Its the start of the season and the players have the pressure of defending the title and playing in front of the fans for the first time in a long time. it was never going to be another perfect season.

I still have full confidence in all our players, I just think we're a bit rusty

8 hours ago, GOAT said:

People keep having a go at Tav, he wasn’t anywhere near as bad as people are making out, barisic was our worst full back today by a country mile. 

Both were terrible tbh, whats annoying about our fullbacks is that our system requires the midfielders to be right on their game covering them, if not then their defensive frailties are shown right up

5 hours ago, Willis said:

This thread man 😅

As much of a negative bastard as I am, I'm clearly not as miserable as some.

Its the start of the season and the players have the pressure of defending the title and playing in front of the fans for the first time in a long time. it was never going to be another perfect season.

I still have full confidence in all our players, I just think we're a bit rusty

You say the players are a bit rusty, but also say about the pressure of playing in front of fans and defending the title

You cant be rusty about playing in front of fans and dealing with that pressure, you can either do it or not,