John Lundstram

The Dude

I've gone back and looked at clips of him in the EPL sgain, he was an energetic player and can certainly pick out a pass....

We can only hope he's a slow burner and comes around with better fitness, otherwise he's going to be a dud.

10 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

He really has a mountain to climb to convince us he isn’t our Duffy.

Duffy was on about £60,000 a week.

Lundstram's a player for early rounds of cup competitions against lower league opposition. But should be playing well against Alashkert but couldn't. His body language tonight looked nervous don't think he'll be playing much more for us.

1 minute ago, dougal72 said:

:lol: You can't write him off already ffs, clearly not match sharp yet and adapting to a new system/ country. Sure now Kamara is back he'll be used more sparingly until he's up to speed. 

I could see your point if he had showed us anything, but he's not bar a goal in a glorified training exercise.

2 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

:lol: You can't write him off already ffs, clearly not match sharp yet and adapting to a new system/ country. Sure now Kamara is back he'll be used more sparingly until he's up to speed. 

Confident you've just hit out with the understatement of the year, congrats

2 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

I was saying that last week but what he did tonight was nothing to do with sharpness/system/country.

I'd like to see his supposed foul again at first he looked like he had it at his feet then appeared to stumble to fully control the ball at the same time the player comes in from behind and Lundstrams deemed to have fouled him .

Given what those two plebs acting as referee & Enclosure side linesman deemed a foul and what they dished out was totally frustrating all night given their playacting etc I'd hold off and give Lundstram the benefit of the doubt.

14 minutes ago, Orange and Blue said:

Lundstram's a player for early rounds of cup competitions against lower league opposition. But should be playing well against Alashkert but couldn't. His body language tonight looked nervous don't think he'll be playing much more for us.

He has a 4 year contract and the manager apparently likes him. Managers don’t like binning their signings - it smacks of failure. They tend to persist beyond any reasonable time.

14 minutes ago, Orange and Blue said:

Yes he will

Trying not to write him off but my main concern before he signed was that he thrived in a particular style, under Chris Wilder, for one season in the EPL. Not to say that he wasn't decent before their first season in the EPL, but that was the year he really stood out. The club will obviously have thoroughly scouted him and are confident he can adapt, hopefully this is as low as his Rangers career goes. 

I’ll tell you something - one of the credits in the bank (along with European football success) is our decent record in the transfer market.

However I think folk will start to reassess how well we are doing in that regard because of him: Grezda, Zungu, Coulibaly, that lanky turd against Aberdeen, Lundstram….. 

The same can be said of Europe if we don’t qualify for the EL.

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I’ll tell you something - one of the credits in the bank (along with European football success) is our decent record in the transfer market.

However I think folk will start to reassess how well we are doing in that regard because of him: Grezda, Zungu, Coulibaly, that lanky turd against Aberdeen, Lundstram….. 

The same can be said of Europe if we don’t qualify for the EL.

That lump of shit is easily the worst signing we have made since being back in the top league, took some doing tbf.

40 minutes ago, Willis said:

You'd think he was Gerrards God-son or his favourite nephew or some shite, looks totally out of place in our squad 

He said in his press stint yesterday that he’s never played central midfield where Gerrard wants him to play and he will need to get used to it,and then Gerrard throws the dud into a euro tie in the centre of midfield where he is out of his depth.