What is wrong with this team?

graeme_4

Too many players out of form so far, Kent, tav, Goldson, aribo etc. once these guys get firing we will improve.

We have had roofe and kamara suspended in Europe which upsets the 11 when you need to chop and change each week. Roofe missing Tananadice due to his youngster also was a massive loss imo. Then add in alfie coming back later due to national duties and barasic carrying a knock from the euros. 

I’m not buying into there’s something going on behind the scenes with the players or they can’t play infront of a large crowd. It does my head in when fans on here or social media start with that shit, your doing celtic fans work for them by starting unfounded rumors ffs. 

Malmo were well into their season and it showed, that defeat has hit our confidence. 

Beat Ross county, qualify for EL midweek, slap celtic about and then watch us go. #letsgo!!

Unsettled back line. Dont think we have played the same 2 games in a row since last season. Success comes from the back. Clean sheets.

Keeper in and out.  A different pairing with goldson every other game and borna / calvin swapping.

I dont know what the right line up is but friendlies was the time to fuck around with it. Not now it's competitive. 

A large part is the quality of our midfield 3. Lundstrum, Davis, Arfield and Aribo is a huge drop off from Kamara, Jack and a fit Davis. 

Our game is about getting the ball quickly to wingers and full backs in space.

Our passing is so pedestrian. Kent gets the ball and there are 3 men on him.

none of the midfield seem to drop into the pocket. Or have the ability to drive forward and take men out the game.

Arfield clearly won’t cut it this season. Davis I fear it’s one season too many for him. And Aribo is better cutting in as a winger.

we badly miss Jack and Kamara playing together. And still need someone to play ahead of them in the pocket. (Ideally someone who can shoot and make late runs into the box)

2 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

Bassey Davis Hagi Wright and Morelos are showing great attitude. Patterson did in the cup game as well as Roofe.

It's not as if the whole team are on the slide. 

We just need to turn the dial a bit and start playing the triangles like last year. We are being too lazy with crosses.

Our crosses and set pieces in particular so far have been utter shite. Malmö and that Armenian mob had a weakness at set pieces and yet we failed miserably to exploit it.

1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

Too many players out of form so far, Kent, tav, Goldson, aribo etc. once these guys get firing we will improve.

We have had roofe and kamara suspended in Europe which upsets the 11 when you need to chop and change each week. Roofe missing Tananadice due to his youngster also was a massive loss imo. Then add in alfie coming back later due to national duties and barasic carrying a knock from the euros. 

I’m not buying into there’s something going on behind the scenes with the players or they can’t play infront of a large crowd. It does my head in when fans on here or social media start with that shit, your doing celtic fans work for them by starting unfounded rumors ffs. 

Malmo we’re well into their season and it showed, that defeat has hit our confidence. 

Beat Ross county, qualify for EL midweek, slap celtic about and then watch us go. #letsgo!!

Hope you're right 👍

It’s that way, you try to remember when any league winning side started ‘so badly’ and then suddenly made things better so quickly. I’m sincere in saying I’ve probably forgotten when that last happened.

Somehow though this Rangers side makes me believe we’ll still win this weekend and next.

Fuck knows why based on the last few games but this team does have bottle and anyone who says they don’t can fuck off.

4 hours ago, King Jela said:

If it wasn't for 55/stopping the ten last summer it would have been a good time to sell a few/bring in a few and refresh the squad, we didn't for obvious reasons but it should have been done this summer instead but, again, it wasn't and its starting to show. 

Difficult one - you kind of want to reward players for such an achievement, but I’m always minded of how we allowed the 9 in a row team to die with it’s boots on.

Even Liverpool showed that the high pressing, 100 mph style had a shelf life.

And they were doing it with far better players than ours.

Refreshing the squad is the obvious answer, but ‘loyalty’ stands in the way.

I guess there may also have been a different outlook to recruitment if we’d got past Malmö.

4 hours ago, HG5 said:

Unpopular opinion warning coming up!

Morelos.

Got the goal on Thursday.

Absolutely had to get a 2nd, could have had a 3rd, might have had a 4th.

(You saw those chances, you know what I mean)

Some or all of which would have put us in easy street next week & allowed measured prep for the tramps on Sunday.

The boy only got 3 doubles last season, the last of which was 10th January.

Previous was against Red Imps, if your memory goes that far back.

As they say ‘one goal is never enough’.

Needs to do more to justify that price tag.

Alternatively, you can see why nobody seems ready to pay it.

We’ve got far bigger problems than Morelos. 

6 hours ago, HG5 said:

Unpopular opinion warning coming up!

Morelos.

Got the goal on Thursday.

Absolutely had to get a 2nd, could have had a 3rd, might have had a 4th.

(You saw those chances, you know what I mean)

Some or all of which would have put us in easy street next week & allowed measured prep for the tramps on Sunday.

The boy only got 3 doubles last season, the last of which was 10th January.

Previous was against Red Imps, if your memory goes that far back.

As they say ‘one goal is never enough’.

Needs to do more to justify that price tag.

Alternatively, you can see why nobody seems ready to pay it.

Morelos did fine, remember he’s not even had a preseason. 

His finishing let’s him down. It’s the reason he’s not had a move. Great asset for us, but not that good that teams are banging the door down. 

9 hours ago, keithgersbear said:

It's August and people need to wrap the head that it's not going to be a blow out like last season. We will still win the league. 

yup. 2 league games played so far and the only difference between us and the team that will stop us winning the league is a few goals. fuck sake we have the same amount of points as Dundee United. i suppose they are gonna win the league??? /s hibs + the sheep aren't gonna be sitting 1st and 2nd much longer. we've had a crap start to the season but not worth panicking just yet.

still the players need a boot up the arse and gerrard needs to toughen up and be willing to drop under performers. i think some of the players think now that 55 is in the bag then that's it. it should be drilled into them that it doesn't stop there. got 55? well time for 56 and when we get that it's on to 57. it never stops.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Morelos did fine, remember he’s not even had a preseason. 

His finishing let’s him down. It’s the reason he’s not had a move. Great asset for us, but not that good that teams are banging the door down. 

Agreed.

Although the lack of pre-season isn't going to go away.

Hope we aren’t saying the same thing in December.

We maybe got carried away with our friendly wins and looking and laughing at how woeful Cellic looked. Most Bears have seen it all before and didn't get sidetracked. Its always going to be a rough ride and the league can turn in the blink of an eye. 

Every team will have good runs and bad runs. I'd rather be out against Malmo and win games in the league. We are not ready for a long long run at that level yet and risking injuries to key players. The focus has to be taking the games that matter week in, week out. Win the league. Anything else is a bonus.

2 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

We maybe got carried away with our friendly wins and looking and laughing at how woeful Cellic looked. Most Bears have seen it all before and didn't get sidetracked. Its always going to be a rough ride and the league can turn in the blink of an eye. 

Every team will have good runs and bad runs. I'd rather be out against Malmo and win games in the league. We are not ready for a long long run at that level yet and risking injuries to key players. The focus has to be taking the games that matter week in, week out. Win the league. Anything else is a bonus.

Reminds me a wee bit of start of season/summer after helicopter Sunday. We looked in a good place and they looked shambolic then the opposite happened. Hopefully we just haven't got going yet and are just about to.

1 hour ago, saintbob1969 said:

Malmö was an absolute disaster footballing wise and financially. 45 minutes and another tie to reach all that money or a long hard slog with them to reach the same amount of money 12 months later. There is no comparison and CL qualification this year would have gave us a massive springboard.

The midfield is the major issue. Getting Kamara back in for Lundstrum will help defensively as will a returning Jack but we are still short of a clever attacking midfield player to supply Roofe and Morelos. Even last year we had games where this was missed. They can score a lot more this season if we can add this to the team.