Morelos

MacBoyd

52 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Who had the ball more? Roofe? Morelos had 2.6% of our overall possession, Roofe 1.6%. Morelos also had 20 more touches.

Not sure which game you watched last night tbh but not sure it was Rangers v Brondby.

Aribo and Tav obviously, Morelos was shite dress it up how you like but another poor performance.

Roofe did score which he does even when he's not playing particularly well.

20 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Thought that Roofe and Morelos (and Also Tav to an extend) weren’t very good last night. 

Morelos had a better first half, but was honking in the second 45. Roofe did nothing apart from the goal and an occasional good bit of pressing. 

Few players looked to be under a bit of pressure to deliver last night, and a fair number didn’t really. 

The basic stuff has really been a hard slog this season, probably more mental than anything else with the team so, the good thing is we are top and still to producing our best form.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I have to say the standards are way down if you thought Morelos  played particularly well I thought he gave the ball away a lot passed it to them a few times then straight out the park he also had the touch of a rapist.

His one good moment was the shot the goalie saved which was more like it.

Reported 

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Funny how we all see it differently. I thought the opposite. 

Thought he was slugging, barely put a foot in against his winger and had Goldson all over the shop trying to cover him. Body language was also weird. Very quiet and shoulders slumped. Looked like he wasn’t feeling it. 

Great corner for the goal though, and an excellent GIRFUY moment for him. 

Aye you're spot on - that's football 

17 minutes ago, Smile said:

Aribo and Tav obviously, Morelos was shite dress it up how you like but another poor performance.

Roofe did score which he does even when he's not playing particularly well.

Was he but? I'm not so sure. Aye he had some slack passes and slipped but I still think he showed a lot to link up the attacks. He harassed their defenders and did a lot of dirty work. Also had some nice touches, hit the post and was a big part in the goal which for me wasn't as easy a chance as people are making out. 

1 hour ago, Lord Lockin said:

Seems I'm the only one who thought Tav had a decent game last night, thought he looked more like his old self and definitely his best game for a while 

I thought he did as well, im very critical of tav but thought he was pretty good last night 

2 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Roofe's ball across should have led to a tap in not the Buff having to stretch to reach the ball 

Come to fuck mate, fuck all wrong with the ball, Morelos was playing honking, most likely didn't anticipate the ball enough, it should have been buried and 3pts in the bag

In defence of both morelos and Roofe last night, once we got the second goal we went into total control mode, the tempo dropped because we dropped it so the sting was well out the game, so when the ball is put up to say morelos, there isnt as many link up options due to use pressing less as we didnt have to

Roofe is the same, he thrives on quick one touch passing interchange up front, especially when he drifts into the pockets of space, when we started controlling the game and the tempo, it doesn't suit their games as much as us looking for a goal or two

Morelos was marginally better than he has been, but didn't play well. His spotting a switch across field and executing it has improved, his hold up, touch, overall play not so much imo.

Roofe takes plaudits for the goal, but probably wasn't even as good as Morelos overall.

Both have far more to offer, as have shown previously, they just need to keep pushing on. I do think some team will take a scudding and these 2 will be heavily involved in it.

He's not playing well at all, not even close imo.  His passing, lay off and hold up on average are poor this season.  The odd one like Dundee for the goal are way too few.  Even basic passes have been an issue.  If he's banging them in then he gets leeway but he's not.

Love the wee man but at the moment he's off by a distance.

This isn't anything new for Alfie. He goes through patches, whether it be through distractions like transfer talk/fitness issues or just off form.

He's a decent enough player and when on it is fucking superb, full of passion and desire. 

If we can get over 10m for him in the next 2 windows we're going to need to take it. 

2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

McCoist of all people has a bit of a cheek saying that.

He's not wrong it's been said on here for a while by the more honest posters who can see he cant go past players now, still we have a wee clique totally oblivious to it as they have built him up into something he is not.

Bargain for the money spent but been done for a while now.