Morelos

MacBoyd

5 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Interesting Gerrard said in his press conference re: Morleos -

“5 in 15 isn’t enough for me”

“I’d expect someone who’s played the majority of the minutes as a Rangers no. 9 to have more than 5 in 15.”

It’s enough for ForeverAndEver but, so it’s all good.

1 hour ago, jamess said:

I can't accept it because McGregor made 1 mistake in the whole game, while Morelos made multiple. Don't think it is fair to point the finger at the goalie.

This, mcgregor made 3 other saves which in turn got us a point, morelos scores that 6 yard sitter and we coast the game out, the argument started because someone said morelos was instrumental in us dropping two points and people said no it was mcgregor

It is not just Morelos. It is the whole squad who are underperforming. If you look at the stats for the season overall, all the teams around us have forwards who are scoring more than us. Every team around us has midfielders who are scoring more than us. We are shipping more goals than we did last season. 

We are far below the levels we have set ourselves. It is correct to say only league position counts. This is true but i'd suggest given how poor we've been this season we are lucky to find ourselves at the top of the league. But the inconsistency of our rivals should have no bearing on the standards we set for ourselves and if we carry on with this level of performance and finishing going into the middle third of the season we won't stay there.  

1 hour ago, TheKingObv said:

They both cost us the points. 

The sitter from Morelos was, in the end, as pivotal as Mcgregor's mistake.

Why can't it be both?

This is my thinking. Morelos could have had at least 2 but at the end of the day both contributed to throwing away the 3 points.

Doesn't happen too often with Greggs, just a shame it had to happen at 1-0.

2 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

They both cost us the points. 

The sitter from Morelos was, in the end, as pivotal as Mcgregor's mistake.

Why can't it be both?

I sit directly in line with that " sitter " and I've said on another thread that had Roofe played a better ball Morelos was getting a tap in - not having to stretch to make contact with the ball 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Interested in your take on Gerrard’s comments yesterday?

I don't disagree. I'd like to see any Rangers number 9 score more than 1 in 3 too. Literally nobody disagrees Morelos isn't at his best just now - however that's something that can be said of virtually every single player at the club just now.

I'd like to see Rangers managers win more than 1 domestic trophy in every 9 too.

37 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

I sit directly in line with that " sitter " and I've said on another thread that had Roofe played a better ball Morelos was getting a tap in - not having to stretch to make contact with the ball 

You trying to argue that it wasn't a sitter?

Fuck sake mate :lol:

1 hour ago, Lord Lockin said:

I thought Roofe did well to get by the man and get the ball across. Morelos has made an arse of it, not him. 

3 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Now it’s Roofe at fault? Fucksakes mate. 

I thought he was outstanding in the first half. I disagree with Gerrard's reaction in the second half because of a few loose passes. That's what you will always get with Morelos. Roofe can do fuck all the entire match but score a tap-in and receive the accolades. Morelos is by far the better player.

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I thought he was outstanding in the first half. I disagree with Gerrard's reaction in the second half because of a few loose passes. That's what you will always get with Morelos. Roofe can do fuck all the entire match but score a tap-in and receive the accolades. Morelos is by far the better player.

Both were shite last night. 

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I agree with that mate, 1st half he was playing well and unlucky not to score. 2nd half he fell away a bit and things got on top of him when he made a few mistakes. 

12 hours ago, bluenoz said:

An interesting conundrum . 

Mark Hateley is probably my favourite Rangers forward in my time with the way he could rag doll defences about , assist others like McCoist , and his general effort around the park . On the other hand we have natural goalscorers like McCoist and Boyd who provide the all important goals.  

Who's the most important , I truly don't know . But one does rely on the other . 

2 hours ago, gmcf said:

An interesting conundrum . 

Mark Hateley is probably my favourite Rangers forward in my time with the way he could rag doll defences about , assist others , like McCoist , and his general effort around the park . On the other hand we have natural goalscorers like McCoist and Boyd who provide the all important goals.  

Who's the most important , I truly don't know . But one does rely on the other . 

Morelos scored the all important goal to get us playing midweek tbf to him

The second half Alfie was treating the ball like a hot potato which was pretty frustrating. However, he keeps getting into positions and getting chances. History has shown us that he'll put them away eventually.

He and Roofe have a great partnership for me. Alfie does enough during the game to worry the opposition enough that it gives Roofe space and one on ones were his anticipation gets us goals. The second last night was a good example.

Roofe will score the goals when they two play together and Alfie will start getting them when he's playing up top himself. Then we have 3/4 midfielders along with Tav who can contribute 1 in 3.