*****The Official Champions vs Olympique Lyonnais Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

People keep saying Bassey at CH. I don't get that one at all. His weakness in defence is the long ball over his head.

If CG can't make it, it should be Leon King. Sometimes, we have to trust the academy to get us through one-off ties like this.

Certainly not ideal.

Ross McCormack scored on his euro debut so it certainly isn't unthinkable.

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

People keep saying Bassey at CH. I don't get that one at all. His weakness in defence is the long ball over his head.

If CG can't make it, it should be Leon King. Sometimes, we have to trust the academy to get us through one-off ties like this.

Certainly not ideal.

Kyle McClelland would probably start ahead of King.

6 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Certainly not ideal.

Dembele would absolutely physically demolish Leon King. He's nowhere near ready for that kind of challenge.

Goldson + Balogun if possible, otherwise Bassey at CB.

We won't know until later in the week who will be available. Simpson is not in the Euro squad so not an option.

Lyon will not play like the hammer throwers we meet in the league. It will be a much more open game and I think that will suit us.

To go through you must win your home games so I will take a 1-0 or a 2-1.

34 minutes ago, billscott said:

i was at the b team game yesterday at bonnyrigg  both these boys are good  would probably agree that mc clelland is slightly ahead on a seperate subject what a performance yesterday from the young lads could and should have scored 10   they are a joy to watch best £4 i have spent in ages

That was some result pal 👍

14 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

2000 kick off live on BT Sport 3.

McGregor; Tavernier, Goldson, Balogun, Barisic;  Aribo, Davis, Kamara; Roofe, Morelos, Kent

Good to have Roofe back for Europe.

I think SG will go with one striker (Alfie) and add another midfielder and have Aribo playing in a more forward role.