celtic Face 25 actions regarding Historic Abuse

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

They’ve also been fined $2 million on the basis of their own internal investigation which was a cover up. That’s just one player involved in this mate. 
Edit. Former player. 

I didn't know they were fined. Compensation to player or to the league?

On 29/10/2021 at 16:53, Rowley Birkin said:

while i dont agree with what you say as that will still see them as not to blame, i am certain they paid out a couple of grand to at least two victims and had them sign a NDA back in the 90s

It's a legal thing to settle while not admitting blame.

The point I was trying to make was they could have dealt with this year's ago without dragging the victims through court trying to weasel their way out of paying.

14 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

The cover up..

In black & White 

FB_IMG_1635876500865.jpg

This was the case that sparked talk of real claims for compensation because it took place in the US where filing  law suits is the national sport. Don’t know what stage this is at or whether it is indeed being treated differently.

The direct involvement of the club could not be more transparent.

Also speaks volumes about the Catholic mentality. For chapel, read celtic park, for archbishop, read chairman McGinn.

”Sure it was a misunderstanding”, “children can be easily confused”, “we’ll deal with this privately”, “protect the good name of the club/church”, blah blah blah. Puke.

Never in a million years will I understand that. If a child of mine was molested, no amount of quiet wee chats with anyone, no matter how senior, would stop me going to the police. Completely different mindset.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

This was the case that sparked talk of real claims for compensation because it took place in the US where filing  law suits is the national sport. Don’t know what stage this is at or whether it is indeed being treated differently.

The direct involvement of the club could not be more transparent.

Also speaks volumes about the Catholic mentality. For chapel, read celtic park, for archbishop, read chairman McGinn.

”Sure it was a misunderstanding”, “children can be easily confused”, “we’ll deal with this privately”, “protect the good name of the club/church”, blah blah blah. Puke.

Never in a million years will I understand that. If a child of mine was molested, no amount of quiet wee chats with anyone, no matter how senior, would stop me going to the police. Completely different mindset.

"The name of celtic must be kept clean at all times" - Jock Stein