How Much Is Gerrard Worth?

BlueSuedeSambas

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

His CV carries less weight than his name does for Liverpool.

From the outside looking in his CV is impressive.

In his first senior role he’s taken us from a 3rd place shambles being knocked out of Europe by Luxembourg’s 4th best side, to a side that’s qualified for European group stages every year since and overturned a club with much better finances and an established 8.75* in a row squad. 

Also is UK based, plays in a style very similar to Liverpool and would be universally welcomed from a commercial point of view. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

From the outside looking in his CV is impressive.

In his first senior role he’s taken us from a 3rd place shambles being knocked out of Europe by Luxembourg’s 4th best side, to a side that’s qualified for European group stages every year since and overturned a club with much better finances and an established 8.75* in a row squad. 

Also is UK based, plays in a style very similar to Liverpool and would be universally welcomed from a commercial point of view. 

This is what I keep saying. Nobody outwith our support sees it as only 1 trophy out of 9. They see the bigger picture in terms of rebuilding the entire club and giving it its pride back.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

This is what I keep saying. Nobody outwith our support sees it as only 1 trophy out of 9. They see the bigger picture in terms of rebuilding the entire club and giving it its pride back.

Also for me it’s more like 1 in 6, as that first season was a free pass given where we were. 

Gerrard the coach can be replaced. Poor in the cups and blew a fairly easy chance of CL this season. 

Good in the Europa League and obviously gave us 55 but he’s no miracle worker. 

What we lose though is his name and reputation which is right up there - he’s a credit to himself and the club. 

Gerrard leaves me a bitter feeling.
Leaving at this moment of the season was not the best way to end his career here. I hope we will bounce back and turn this season into a better one. Maybe this team needs some new faces to get back to their Football of last season.

Thank's for the memories and the title Stevie, it could've end better.