How Much Is Gerrard Worth?

BlueSuedeSambas

Don’t think he’ll go but if there’s interest from Villa he will definitely consider it. 
Obvious step down in job but still a big club needing steadied. Keep them in the PL push them up to the top half of the table next season and he’s a success - all good for the CV

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Think Martinez will take the job but fwiw this is Gerrards last season here imo. 

I think the same. I’ve thought about starting a thread on who people would eventually like to see replacing him purely as a topic as discussion, but I know certain people would think it was me being “negative”.

12 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I think it's a media thing that he won't take another prem job. On his current c.v he's not guaranteed the Liverpool job imo. We almost have delusions of grandeur about our club and it's significance to outsiders, simply due to the piss poor league. As an outsider the appeal to manage a premiership team would be greater than managing a team in Scotland even with our rich history and chances at silverware. 

His CV carries less weight than his name does for Liverpool.

I would be surprised if he leaves mid season to go to Villa but tbh I wouldn’t be overly gutted.

I like Gerrard and he won us the league that stopped 10IAR, but there’s many other aspects to his management that are less than ideal.

His abysmal record in cup competitions, his inability to make changes during a game, his bizarre obsession with only making subs past the 60 minute mark to mention a few 

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

If he goes we are fucked for bringing in a ready made replacement, especially if Beale goes with him or leaves for his own management job.

This is where the Wilson is supposed to come in. He'll surely have a shortlist of candidates should Gerrard go. It would be interesting to see who they would be. 

I don't think Gerrard will go mid-season. I think if he does leave it would be end of season. 

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’d be interested to see our potential list of managers if he did go. 

People would throw out the usual big names, but I think if he left right now it would be an Advocaat to McLeish like situation again where it’s a smaller name.

That’s why if Gerrard goes, it’s hopefully at the end of the season and it’s with us as champions and in the champions league so the job is more attractive.

43 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think the same. I’ve thought about starting a thread on who people would eventually like to see replacing him purely as a topic as discussion, but I know certain people would think it was me being “negative”.

If he's still out of work at the point Ronald koeman 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

You think Wilson and the board will plump with him or Ross? Only candidates within this league imo.

Probably. I don't see us going for the same sort of speculative candidate Gerrard was and we'll instead go for someone who knows the league, knows the environment and can consolidate on a budget. Think someone said it earlier in the thread but it'll be like Advocaat to McLeish.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Probably. I don't see us going for the same sort of speculative candidate Gerrard was and we'll instead go for someone who knows the league, knows the environment and can consolidate on a budget. Think someone said it earlier in the thread but it'll be like Advocaat to McLeish.

What's McLeish upto these days? :lol:

Dread to think the dross we might drop down to having from his level. He is a new manager, absolutely, but the organisational and process management in the background (equally driven by Beale) is something that won't be matched easily, neither will the experience of the game and networking. Not to mention the name draw and respect he has as a brand.