Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

1 minute ago, MattyBlue said:

Bringing Walter into this is just stupid, absolutely stupid

Why? He's gone on and on about his respect for Rangers, the fans and in particular the great man himself.

Leaving a week after last week would show all that up for all being absolute bullshit.

2 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Why? He's gone on and on about his respect for Rangers, the fans and in particular the great man himself.

Leaving a week after last week would show all that up for all being absolute bullshit.

Not something I really want to debate to be honest mate 

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yup. This decision of his could cripple us for fuck knows howany years. This is the biggest title race in recent memory due to what the CL money can do for either club. 

He was given so much time after each failure and at the first sniff of a job he's off? 

People seem to have forgotten the previous 2 seasons under Gerrard before the title winning season 

Plenty of terrible managerial decisions but he got the time to learn, actually got more time then he probably deserved but it worked out.

He got the backing of the board financially, he got the players in he wanted even after some terrible signings & was allowed to build a squad from scratch basically.

Yet as soon as a half decent (that's all Villa is in the scale of things) job comes up he's looking like he's off, whole thing is really poor

EXCLUSIVE *****

“Paul Lambert, ex Villa boss has spoken at length to Steven Gerrard about taking the reins at Villa Park”

Gerrard reportedly said afterwards “ I couldn’t understand a fucking word he said so I just hung up the phone on him”

Sources close to Lambert said he does tend to mumble a lot because he’s a bit thick.