Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

Other way of looking at that if he goes and flops it shows the grass isn't always greener.

Players and managers will always take the chance in the Prem from us even if others don't do well. It's the end goal, and they'll always take the chance. 

Better for us that they do well there 

20 minutes ago, 285miles said:

They won old division 1 and the European cup in the early 80s when those competitions were light years away from what it takes to win them now

2 league cups in the mid 90s

nothing since apart from maybe intertoto cup 20 years ago

This record won’t change anytime soon.

Part of me wishes him well but he’s at significant risk of Liverpool looking elsewhere when Klopp goes 

I'm In two minds about how I want him to get on. Part of me wants him to succeed to avoid all the nonsense from down south that anyone can manage Rangers to win the league that you see on social media all the time. The other part if me wants him to struggle so he realises what he gave up by leaving us when he had the chance of more trophies and CL. 

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Other way of looking at that if he goes and flops it shows the grass isn't always greener.

Best way to attract up and coming managers, unfortunately, is showing the grass may well be greener. 

If Gerrard goes on to become a top manager it can only help our cause for attracting managers down the line (of course we hope they don't leave mid season...) who believe they can follow a similar route.

I'm not overly pissed off to be honest, which probably means that deep down i know that he had probably reached the peak of his abilities with this squad, and that there is a better fit out there for the stage we are at as a club. 

His role in getting us to this point won't be forgotten, but the timing really isn't ideal. That's why the pragmatic managers we are being linked with just won't work. We need a seamless but progressive fit, and a slightly less predictable manager. 

Gio is the calibre i would like. 

6 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

I dont understand why fans in here and in general are putting us down for all sorts of reasons.

I reckon the last decade has instilled deep-rooted pessimism in many of our fans and, after two spells under Murty and a season with Caixinha, who can blame us? 

6 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Players and managers will always take the chance in the Prem from us even if others don't do well. It's the end goal, and they'll always take the chance. 

Better for us that they do well there 

4 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Best way to attract up and coming managers, unfortunately, is showing the grass may well be greener. 

If Gerrard goes on to become a top manager it can only help our cause for attracting managers down the line (of course we hope they don't leave mid season...) who believe they can follow a similar route.

I do get that but I'm extremely bitter about the way he's treated us so won't be looking at it with any kind of logic.

11 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

It does, and I fully get that that’s what most people will be hoping right now because they are all pissed off, but I hope he does well.

7 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I'm not overly pissed off to be honest, which probably means that deep down i know that he had probably reached the peak of his abilities with this squad, and that there is a better fit out there for the stage we are at as a club. 

His role in getting us to this point won't be forgotten, but the timing really isn't ideal. That's why the pragmatic managers we are being linked with just won't work. We need a seamless but progressive fit, and a slightly less predictable manager. 

Gio is the calibre i would like. 

It's not him leaving that's fucked me and thousands of others off,but the manner and timing of which he's done it.

My preference would be Gio, big name who would command respect and his Feyernord team set up in a similar fashion to us from what I’ve read. Hope who ever it is they’re in place for Monday at the latest to give them plenty of time to prepare for Hibs. 

Have not voiced a serious word on this.
Looks very much like SG is leaving for pastures new.
Me personally will never ever forget the scenes from a few happy months past.
In the course of celebrating how we won 55 i had a few emotional moments,which might have been due to the copious amounts of whisky i consumed,and during the moments i shed a tear for a young man who denied himself his family life,and questioned why someone would do that for us.
I put him on a pedestal for doing this for us,and thank him for those couple of months of joy.
If SG is gone then so is that moment in time.
It's history and we move on and hope for better moments.
We'll be here long after SG's managerial career is gone.
WE WILL ALWAYS BE HERE.:UK:
Just read through that again and it's not even birthday caird pish,but i typed it out,so it's getting posted.  

2 minutes ago, rangersross said:

I reckon the last decade has instilled deep-rooted pessimism in many of our fans and, after two spells under Murty and a season with Caixinha, who can blame us? 

I understand why people would think that regarding the board and managerial choices but the stuff I'm reading is crazy. You'd think it was 2018 still. We're so much more appealing now than we were before Gerrard came in!