Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

46 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Apparently a £3M compensation deal agreed . 

Surely somebody in the boardroom saw what happened across the city and could have done something similar. I reckon if we'd had £7M price on SG , Villa would have still paid it .

Both parties have to agree to the sell on clause. If SG thinks it's too high, he doesn't sign the new contract.

5 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

They've been spending loads the last few seasons 

Cant say I have noticed. Hate that soulless league with a passion.

Would rather watch the colts in the Lowland League than that insipid Americanised family friendly shite.  

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

If he didn’t have a net worth of £60m+ you might have a point. Money doesn’t motivate everyone, he said he was a winner, wanted titles, trophies etc. but is off to Villa for none of that.

The are 3 reasons I can see him leaving:

1. frustrated at the finances the club has available and senses it’s starting to unravel
  2. Wants to move back in with his family
  3. he sees it as a clear stepping stone to the Liverpool job

4. The Scottish league would get boring as fuck after a while

5. The experience of working with better players 

There are a load of reasons for him going, they are just shit ones for us to have to deal with really.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Would rather watch the colts in the Lowland League than that insipid Americanised family friendly shite.  

Tbf I only really know as read about it over the last day or so , hate the epl too

3 minutes ago, rangersross said:

GVB looks like an upgrade on Gerrard to me. Fingers crossed. 

Too right managed to win the Premier League as a player also 2 la liga titles plus captaining his country to a World Cup final. Also Champions League winner.

Did well with Feyenoord. Get him in

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

cwoodlyoal and eskbank who are our 2 most reliable 'ITK' have both said we wanted Nisbet

The club set their poodles onto cwoodloyal when he mentioned it on FF as well, they were desperate to shoot the story down despite the fact cwoodloyal was spot on. 

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Totally agree. It’s boring. No heart.