Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Going to be very difficult to replace .When he took over we were already finding it difficult to get somebody suitable in .

As King said ,he Gerrard ticked all the boxes except experience ,
Haven’t a clue who would be best to take over .All depends on how somebody else progresses in their career and how long Gerrard is here for .I reckon he’s here as long as he is winning the league or whenever Klopp moves on .

I’d be surprised if Gerrard went if we won the league with CL football on the horizon.

However if he did go I’d hope our list looked a bit like this 

Fonseca

Dean Smith

Wilder

Lampard

Van Bronckhorst

Don’t think any of them are out with our reach and I think they’d all do well. 

I don’t really think I trust the board to come up with a list like that, it’ll probably be more like 

Callum Davidson

Neil Warnock

Gattuso

Garry Monk

Jack Ross

I always thought that Beale is the tactics man behind the scenes, if that's the case I'm surprised how many posters would be happy with him as manager given how much moaning there's been this season (myself included) about how predictable we are and that we've been tactically found out. 

2 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

I always thought that Beale is the tactics man behind the scenes, if that's the case I'm surprised how many posters would be happy with him as manager given how much moaning there's been this season (myself included) about how predictable we are and that we've been tactically found out. 

I think sometimes we’re a wee bit too rigid and overcoached going forward. 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I think sometimes we’re a wee bit too rigid and overcoached going forward. 

100%

Guys like Hagi and Aribo would be far more productive if they were allowed to be more off the cuff instead of worrying about the shape of the team.

46 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

McInnes :fishing:

Listen see if you think that couldn't happen think again, in no way am I saying I want him but if Gerrard dose go he'll take the rest of the back room team with him, maybe Gary Mc would be asked but I doubt it, who's left that could and would want to come in really?

Just now, psb07158 said:

I have had this conversation with a few guys on here including @DBBTB - if we let the handbrake go, in exchange for a slight loss of 'control' which Gerrard/Beale love, we would be far more exciting/unpredictable going forward. 

Kent, Hagi and Aribo should all be easily getting 12-15 goals a season for us but it just doesn't happen the way we play.

Just now, superallysbears said:

Listen see if you think that couldn't happen think again, in no way am I saying I want him but if Gerrard dose go he'll take the rest of the back room team with him, maybe Gary Mc would be asked but I doubt it, who's left that could and would want to come in really?

He was punted from Aberdeen ffs

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

He was punted from Aberdeen ffs

Yes I know but he's been hanging about like a bad smell, Dave King is not in the picture anymore and the current board might think him a safe pair of hands, the more I think about it he'd be the favourite if the gaffer fucks off back to England.

1 minute ago, superallysbears said:

Yes I know but he's been hanging about like a bad smell, Dave King is not in the picture anymore and the current board might think him a safe pair of hands, the more I think about it he'd be the favourite if the gaffer fucks off back to England.

He wouldn't be in the top 20 favourites.

He hasn't been hanging about either, he's been doing the work he is paid to do by Premier Sports.