Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Judging by the boards previous attempts it could literally be anyone. Foreigner no one had heard of, safe scottish option, superstar player just starting his career. There's no pattern there...

Wilson will be in charge of appointing new manager/ 1st team coach when the time comes.

27 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

There isn't one single piece of logic that suggests he will be under consideration. I said top 20, he won't be in the top 50 candidates.

Honestly I wonder about cunts on here sometimes ffs, I get you don't want him, I don't eather but to say he'll not be a candidate is idiocy, the logic is that he's an ex Rangers player who's managed in hundreds of Scottish premier League games and has experience, knows the club, I could go on.

6 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Honestly I wonder about cunts on here sometimes ffs, I get you don't want him, I don't eather but to say he'll not be a candidate is idiocy, the logic is that he's an ex Rangers player who's managed in hundreds of Scottish premier League games and has experience, knows the club, I could go on.

How is that relevant?

13 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Slightly concerned how he's the only name seriously linked so far.

Not my understanding. The Danish manager Hjulmand appears to be favourite as their director of football is Danish. Martinez also linked with them. Would prefer Gerrard wasn't linked to anyone but don't think he is favourite. 

2 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

How is that relevant?

Oh man, he's a football manager that just happens to be all the things I've mentioned, he's also supports Rangers, been a fan all his life, I think every single part of what I've said is relevant and qualifies him as a candidate for the job.

4 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Oh man, he's a football manager that just happens to be all the things I've mentioned, he's also supports Rangers, been a fan all his life, I think every single part of what I've said is relevant and qualifies him as a candidate for the job.

None of it qualifies him as a candidate.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

None of it qualifies him as a candidate.

The part about actually managing in hundreds of games makes him a candidate above all else, I don't think he's the man for the job so we agree on something at least, but I'll say it again, he'll have his CV in for job if it becomes available, it'll be down to the board and part of me thinks they might find him attractive if it's in the short term.