Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Think we’ll miss Gerrard as a figurehead rather than a manager more tbh, let’s be honest a large percentage of us have been getting frustrated at the same shite turgid football and the same old favourites being picked no matter how they are playing, we have a young exciting squad be interesting to see what a more forward thinking manager could do. 

100% agree & if Gerrard was leaving in the summer after winning the title we'd be sitting in a brilliant position to bring in somebody fresh with new ideas.

The issue for me isn't losing Gerrard, it's just losing your manager in the middle of a very important season, right before a semi final and a make or break European match

Whoever comes in is already up against it before we kick a ball, he's got less than 2 weeks before Hibs at Hampden then a tough game against Sparta, not the games you'd like to bring a new manager into!

25 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Hope to fuck Wilson sounding out people as we speak.

Show time for him. 

Not a single fan hasn’t been acutely aware of the risk this could happen and the potential consequences. There has to be a succession plan in place. Any sense of long term, patch work caretakers whilst the process begins will be a cataclysmic failure. 

Candidates should already be identified and shortlisted based on our core requirements

If this happens we should be doing what Villa have done....1 out 1 in quicker than you can say ‘did he not just say he was happy and settled’

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Think we’ll miss Gerrard as a figurehead rather than a manager more tbh, let’s be honest a large percentage of us have been getting frustrated at the same shite turgid football and the same old favourites being picked no matter how they are playing, we have a young exciting squad be interesting to see what a more forward thinking manager could do. 

Def the clubs bigger than any 1 person.

we have survived worse .

just got to be positive whatever happens .

Just now, tm91 said:

He's obviously had his media training, but I think he does this far more than just in press conferences. He knew Rangers fans would love him spinning narratives about how he's come to love the club and was happy to say the 'right' stuff about winning trophies, building legacies etc. He's very adept at telling people what they want to hear.

Most are unless they’re daft or can’t control their temper. 

4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Great point. Beale will go too. Without him Gerrard will be found out, with him I think they will suit premier League football.

I'm not as much bothered about the name being lost but rather the damage it does and the timing of it.

4 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

100% agree & if Gerrard was leaving in the summer after winning the title we'd be sitting in a brilliant position to bring in somebody fresh with new ideas.

The issue for me isn't losing Gerrard, it's just losing your manager in the middle of a very important season, right before a semi final and a make or break European match

Whoever comes in is already up against it before we kick a ball, he's got less than 2 weeks before Hibs at Hampden then a tough game against Sparta, not the games you'd like to bring a new manager into!

Aye we need to act quickly on this none of this interim manager stuff, we should be sounding people out now. 

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

He's obviously had his media training, but I think he does this far more than just in press conferences. He knew Rangers fans would love him spinning narratives about how he's come to love the club and was happy to say the 'right' stuff about winning trophies, building legacies etc. He's very adept at telling people what they want to hear.

He definitely does. I know he gets plenty of praise from some for his handling of the media but I've rarely been particularly impressed with him. He contradicts himself regularly but is very polished when it comes to hitting the right notes. Some of his stuff on youth players especially has been very weird given his absolute insistence that he won't actually play any of them.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Great point. Beale will go too. Without him Gerrard will be found out, with him I think they will suit premier League football.

I'm not as much bothered about the name being lost but rather the damage it does and the timing of it.

Aye I actually think the safe football we play is more suited to a side like Villa where they aren’t going to be favourites every week tbh, I’d like somebody more attacking when Gerrard goes as we should be wiping the floor with the dross in Scotland. 

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Aye we need to act quickly on this none of this interim manager stuff, we should be sounding people out now. 

Said it yesterday, we should hopefully have had some sort of contingency plan in place for him leaving in the summer, it seemed like it was coming to a natural conclusion anyway

Whether that can be brought forward to now if the person happens to be available is another story.

Although I really wouldn't be surprised if we do go for an interim manager till the summer & deal with it then when we know whether it's Champions League money or it's selling players.

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Aye I actually think the safe football we play is more suited to a side like Villa where they aren’t going to be favourites every week tbh, I’d like somebody more attacking when Gerrard goes as we should be wiping the floor with the dross in Scotland. 

We have had 68 attempts at goal in our last 3 domestic league games 

14 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

The football might become more pleasing on the eye but any new manager has a massive job on their hands trying to better a league record of 1 defeat in the past 51 games.

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Said it yesterday, we should hopefully have had some sort of contingency plan in place for him leaving in the summer, it seemed like it was coming to a natural conclusion anyway

Whether that can be brought forward to now if the person happens to be available is another story.

Although I really wouldn't be surprised if we do go for an interim manager till the summer & deal with it then when we know whether it's Champions League money or it's selling players.

Be a disaster if we go down the interim route imo, there’s plenty in that squad to win us the title. 

Just now, DBBTB said:

The football might become more pleasing on the eye but any new manager has a massive job on their hands trying to improve on a league record of 1 defeat in the past 51 games.

After the last 10 years I'm more happy than ever to see winning football matter how it's achieved.

Fuck yer 0 0 home draws with livi playing football the Ange ball way 

KopGer on FF (a guy who is close to people at Liverpool):

I’ve stayed away from this place for two days.

It’s been done since Sunday night.

Someone who’s involved’s family were telling close friends and family they were off after West Ham v Liverpool.

This is the same guy who knew Gerrard was coming to us well before anyone else, btw.

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Be a disaster if we go down the interim route imo, there’s plenty in that squad to win us the title. 

Aye we've definetley got the squad to win the title and that's what I think the board will pin their hopes on, our squad being better than the taigs.

They'll bring in someone cheap and out of contract to see us through to the summer and hope the quality in the squad is enough to pull us through the rest of the season