Kent to villa?

KingKirk

2 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Kent - £22m to £25m

Kamara & Aribo - £15m to £17m

Patterson - £12m to £15m (+ 25% sell on free)

Morelos & Hagi - £12m to £14m

Those are the valuations I think we should be looking at for our wanted players this January.

A new spark with Morelos would see his value go up .

2 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Kent - £22m to £25m

Those are the valuations I think we should be looking at for our wanted players this January.

Although I believe Kent is the bigger asset.

Kamara is ready made for the EPL.

Kamara/Kent/Buff(back to his best) 15m+ reckon at best 20m for any of them.

Aribo/Hagi 10m although I think Aribo has a higher ceiling. I don't see Hagi going for too much more than what we paid if I'm being honest.

Patterson, who knows. Sell him now probably 8m. Give him a full season..... 

10 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I am sure that Gerrard would not have taken that job if that was the case. 

These stepping stones don’t come around every day. (Not suitable ones, anyway)

SG probably felt the need to take the opportunity when it arose.

If his ultimate goal is the Liverpool gig, it wouldn’t surprise me if the Anfield powers that be have laid out a road map for him, which includes a stint at a middling EPL outfit.

If that meant a few impositions, so be it…

15 minutes ago, HG5 said:

These stepping stones don’t come around every day. (Not suitable ones, anyway)

SG probably felt the need to take the opportunity when it arose.

If his ultimate goal is the Liverpool gig, it wouldn’t surprise me if the Anfield powers that be have laid out a road map for him, which includes a stint at a middling EPL outfit.

If that meant a few impositions, so be it…

Yea I kinda get that, but he strikes me as not relying on others for his success.

I can’t see him taking too kindly to coaching players not chosen by him - just comes across like that 

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yea I kinda get that, but he strikes me as not relying on others for his success.

I can’t see him taking too kindly to coaching players not chosen by him - just comes across like that 

Yes, I can see that, mate.👍

I presume there should be some sort of concesus between them, if only in an ideal world.

15 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

If Gerrard comes in we add a £10 million premium, anyone can have Kent for £20 million but Villa and Gerrard? £30 million. 

I know you were having a wee joke but does anyone know how release clauses work if someone offers the value noted in the contract? 
can we hold out for more? If not then we are stuck with what’s in the player’s contract surely? 
I can recall Wenger offering £1 more than the release clause for a player (can’t think who it was for the life of me)

1 hour ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Kent - £22m to £25m

12 million for Patterson who can't get consistent game time  😂 

Aribo wouldn't get near the upper scope of 10 million

Kent valuation is absurd too. 

I get we want premium prices but those are ridiculous and no club in their right mind would put in offers like that when clearly we will NEED to accept any decent offer that comes in. 

Pure football manager stuff. 

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I get we want premium prices but those are ridiculous and no club in their right mind would put in offers like that when clearly we will NEED to accept any decent offer that comes in. 

In recent years…

•celtic received £25m for Tierney.

•celtic received £14m for Ajer.

•celtic received £12m for Frimpong

You telling me Frimpong is better than Patterson? Nope and he didn’t exactly have a massive impact for celtic but Bayer Leverkusen paid for his potential just like we would expect someone to pay for Patterson. If they don’t offer decent money then it would make more sense for us to keep him and sell him in a few years when his worth is even greater.

Aribo for under £10 Million is laughable he’s been our best player this season and he was rated at £7m odd before he even came to us. 

Kent is a proper match winner players like him aren’t easy to find, he is also English which teams in the Premier League will pay a premium for.

Why is it Rangers fans feel the need to talk down the value of our players when they are seeing exactly what we can ask for from the unwashed on the other side of the city.

18 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

8 million for Patterson & Aribo

10 for Morleos

12 for Kamara

14 for Kent

Thats what i think we would be offered and probably accept too.

10 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

In recent years…

You telling me Frimpong is better than Patterson? Nope and he didn’t exactly have a massive impact for celtic but Bayer Leverkusen paid for his potential just like we would expect someone to pay for Patterson. If they don’t offer decent money then it would make more sense for us to keep him and sell him in a few years when his worth is even greater.

Aribo for under £10 Million is laughable he’s been our best player this season and he was rated at £7m odd before he even came to us. 

Kent is a proper match winner players like him aren’t easy to find, he is also English which teams in the Premier League will pay a premium for.

Why is it Rangers fans feel the need to talk down the value of our players when they are seeing exactly what we can ask for from the unwashed on the other side of the city.

And why is it that Rangers fans always act like other Rangers fans “talking down” our players on forums is actually going to have any influence on what clubs offer to pay for them? :lol:

16 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Slitting our own throat by selling him in january mate. Even if Gio wants to sell a big hitter in January to give himself funds either Kamara or borna are the only players I'd consider bids for. 

Not Kamara. We should look to sell 3-4 big players next summer. 

22 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

In recent years…

Celtic players like Tierney were playing CL football and winning every trophy going. We are in the Europa and won 1 trophy as it stands. 

Ridiculous to compare those players. 

22 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

In recent years…

Tierney was pre-covid, Ajer they only got that fee because EPL sides are looking for the next VVD. 

Covid has added a bucketload of debt to most teams accounts which is going to take years to shift, even for some EPL sides. Transfer fees are going to be deflated for some time now. 

There’s a fine line between getting the best fees for players, or letting them edge too near the end of their deals and losing them for nothing. Goldson is a classic example of someone we should have sold for £6-7million in summer (even if that’s below his real value), as we’re now set to lose him for free and he’s also been crap. 

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

8 million for Patterson & Aribo

10 for Morleos

12 for Kamara

14 for Kent

Thats what i think we would be offered and probably accept too.

Aribo I'm not so sure would get that amount. He's a good footballer but I don't see who pays that for him at the moment. 

Kent I'm not convinced would get offers north of 10 million to start with. 

Really all depends if we win the league and get CL football and the value of our players increase tenfold because of exposure, another trophy, club in a sound financial footing with 30 million to off set the debt meaning no need to balance the books. 

I don't see any big offers in January, more like clubs looking to take advantage of our poor financial state and testing our resolve with low ball offers. 

We need to get our club financially secure before we talk about getting maximum or abnove valuations. 

1 hour ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Kent - £22m to £25m

Be lucky to get 10 for Aribo and Hagi :lol: 

1 hour ago, Number5 said:

Although I believe Kent is the bigger asset.

Kamara is ready made for the EPL.

Kamara/Kent/Buff(back to his best) 15m+ reckon at best 20m for any of them.

Aribo/Hagi 10m although I think Aribo has a higher ceiling. I don't see Hagi going for too much more than what we paid if I'm being honest.

Patterson, who knows. Sell him now probably 8m. Give him a full season..... 

Paterson worth a lot more than £8 million. He’ll be at least as good as Tierney. 

1 minute ago, Boybluesy said:

Paterson worth a lot more than £8 million. He’ll be at least as good as Tierney. 

Patterson has been hindered by Gerrard simply no playing him. 

I'd like to see him played more. Maybe Gio can do similar with Patterson or Tav and move them into midfield, kinda what he done as a player with us going from left back to Central mid 

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

Tierney was pre-covid, Ajer they only got that fee because EPL sides are looking for the next VVD. 

Covid has added a bucketload of debt to most teams accounts which is going to take years to shift, even for some EPL sides. Transfer fees are going to be deflated for some time now. 

There’s a fine line between getting the best fees for players, or letting them edge too near the end of their deals and losing them for nothing. Goldson is a classic example of someone we should have sold for £6-7million in summer (even if that’s below his real value), as we’re now set to lose him for free and he’s also been crap. 

They just sold Eduard for £20 million 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Really all depends if we win the league and get CL football and the value of our players increase tenfold because of exposure, another trophy, club in a sound financial footing with 30 million to off set the debt meaning no need to balance the books. 

Aren't our main assets into the last year of their deals as well next season? 

2 hours ago, beararse said:

I know you were having a wee joke but does anyone know how release clauses work if someone offers the value noted in the contract? 
can we hold out for more? If not then we are stuck with what’s in the player’s contract surely? 
I can recall Wenger offering £1 more than the release clause for a player (can’t think who it was for the life of me)

Luis Suarez I’m sure.