Goldson

GOAT

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

You are making him out to be a far better player than he actually is.

Yes he plays most weeks but in four years he’s had one consistent season. Aside from that it’s been constant lapses in concentration and a sideshow of comedy errors.

If he wants out, recover as much of the fee that we paid for him as we can and give Gio some of the money to get his own player in.

Hate agreeing with you, thats twice in a week now I think, i feel dirty 😂

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Not really understanding the ongoing contract talks. It has been ongoing all season. It shouldn't take this long.

He's a fuckin liar if you're asking me.
Dragging it out for another 3 weeks and it's a big GIFUY he hopes.
Do not believe that a contract hasn't been put to him since June this year.

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

The truth on Goldson is somewhere in between maybe I am overpaying his importance just like some are trying to downplay. 

However u say let him go and let Gio bring in his own player. How much do u see us getting for Goldson? 

Then we go and source a replacement which we will need to pay a premium for.

Not necessarily.  I don’t recall us paying a premium for Goldson.  If he goes, so be it.  We get someone else in and move on.  

33 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Half the folks in here must be murder to work with. Tell them you're leaving for a better paid job and you're in fucking hell on earth.

Again, is anybody ripping into Goldson for wanting to leave? I haven’t seen anybody call him a snake, a rat, a money chaser, a mercenary or anything along those lines.

44 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Half the folks in here must be murder to work with. Tell them you're leaving for a better paid job and you're in fucking hell on earth.

Mon tae fuck mate it’s no like he’s packing boxes in a factory he’s playing for the most successful club in football 

58 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Its not as simple as that, he's basically staying in the same job for another year in the hope of getting a better paid one, and in that year he's doing a half arsed job of his current one thats to the detriment of his co workers 

19 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Simple solution is he signs the fucking contract and gets back to concentrating on his football and recapture last seasons form then everybody’s happy again.

Get it signed ya big dick 

Last seasons form was a blip, the two before he was no better than average and thats with his full focus on his game, a few of us said it early doors that he was vastly overrated and had a goal costing mistake in him in every game

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Last seasons form was a blip, the two before he was no better than average and thats with his full focus on his game, a few of us said it early doors that he was vastly overrated and had a goal costing mistake in him in every game

One hell of a blip hopefully he has another 

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

One hell of a blip hopefully he has another 

One good season in 4 isnt form that attracts decent EPL teams, especially given his age now, scouts aren't daft (well most arent) they see a lot of a player that isn't covered up by doing something good, like goldson putting in a good tackle in an overall poor performance, fans might accept that if it saves a goal, but scout reports will be pretty damning

Same for the likes of tav as well, for all the good he does going forward at times, not all teams will play like we do and dominate games like we do, so say a scout for someone like Everton watches him, they'll look at his defensive attributes as well given he'll have way more to do in their team, and they probably won't like what they see 

Goldson is holding out for his payday, fair enough, but i think he might be disappointed when he sees the offers he'll get, 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

One good season in 4 isnt form that attracts decent EPL teams, especially given his age now, scouts aren't daft (well most arent) they see a lot of a player that isn't covered up by doing something good, like goldson putting in a good tackle in an overall poor performance, fans might accept that if it saves a goal, but scout reports will be pretty damning

Same for the likes of tav as well, for all the good he does going forward at times, not all teams will play like we do and dominate games like we do, so say a scout for someone like Everton watches him, they'll look at his defensive attributes as well given he'll have way more to do in their team, and they probably won't like what they see 

Goldson is holding out for his payday, fair enough, but i think he might be disappointed when he sees the offers he'll get, 

Stays or goes I’m not overly fussed tbh we’ll replace him and move on while he’ stagnates at some two bit shity English club and never win another trophy again. Will have a fat wallet though and a nice big house and car. 

40 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Again, is anybody ripping into Goldson for wanting to leave? I haven’t seen anybody call him a snake, a rat, a money chaser, a mercenary or anything along those lines.

I get that but I can't help but feel that if the contract thing wasn't hanging over his head then the shit being fired at him wouldn't be as bad.

6 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I put this shit at Gerrards door btw. Defoe said in a podcast recently that 1 or 2 players wanted out last summer. 

Goldson should've been told last year either sign or your getting sold instead Gerrard wanted to keep the squad together instead of rebuilding from a position of strength madness. It's a decision that is going to cost us millions. 

What podcast was this do you have the link etc ? 

This whole "hes the best X in the league" patter only holds water for so long. Our players can't keep riding the coattails of last season. Players who might have been at their best game last season may not be at their best this season. None of ours are. None of them deserve a break from criticism but some of them will get more of a break based on their efforts which is why players like Tav and Kent are seen in a different way than Goldson.

As far as I'm concerned I don't care if Goldson plays another game for us. His words after the semi final are unforgivable. No Rangers manager should accept it and the fact we were between managers probably saved him or at least would have been the only thing that saved him bygone times. His time at Ibrox is done. He clearly thought so when the scouser left. Him and the club will be better off when he goes and sooner the better.