Goldson

GOAT

11 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Iirc Jak Alnwick only played two games and conceded 10 goals.

In the league? Celtic and Hibs? He must have played against Aberdeen too? 1-1 where McCrorie scored?

The mental thing is against Celtic he was our best player. It could honestly have been 10-0 that day. 

I'm sure he played in the League Cup as well. I mind Moult lobbing him in the semi at Hampden.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That 5-0 game is the worst I’ll ever attend I’m my lifetime

It was brutal although I thought the semi was worse because you went into the game with a tiny bit of hope we could scrape a result. That game we all knew going in we were going to be taken to the cleaners.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It was brutal although I thought the semi was worse because you went into the game with a tiny bit of hope we could scrape a result. That game we all knew going in we were going to be taken to the cleaners.

Those two and the 5-1 at Ibrox all in a year was brutal.

22 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The league should be over already. 

Said it countless times we can't spend £3.5m on players to then let them leave them for nothing and people wonder why we're skint. 

It won't be over though and they'll be strengthening. The solution isn't selling players with 6 months to go either, if he was going he should have been gone in the Summer.

5 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Unless its an offer of £5m+ theres no benefit to selling Goldson in Jan and I'm someone who's never been a big fan of his.

If Goldson was in the same form as last season then yes I’d agree let him run out his contract but other than the last few games he’s been gash if we are honest.

So I’d accept £4m or over which whilst isn’t great would give us funds to sign Doekhi and potentially another CB.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

Get a couple of million and risk the league and CL money on a new CB replacing someone who has been a mainstay in our defence?

It's not FIFA or Football Manager.

And if he signs a pre contract and clocks out early for us, half arsed in tackles and headers incase he gets injured, how will that play out

We cannot afford to let major assets leave for nothing, its not FIFA or Football Manager

12 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And if he signs a pre contract and clocks out early for us, half arsed in tackles and headers incase he gets injured, how will that play out

We cannot afford to let major assets leave for nothing, its not FIFA or Football Manager

It’s happening though. Can’t make them stay, and can’t sell them if no one wants to buy. 

12 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What evidence is there that he will down tools? 

Who you bringing in considering we're without Balogun and Bassey in Jan/Feb too?

So we will run with Helander just back from injury and some new signings? As Simpson is useless.

39 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s happening though. Can’t make them stay, and can’t sell them if no one wants to buy. 

Thats a different scenario then, we are debating knocking back bids for him

38 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

What evidence is there that he will down tools? 

Who you bringing in considering we're without Balogun and Bassey in Jan/Feb too?

So we will run with Helander just back from injury and some new signings? As Simpson is useless.

Evidence of downing tools? Have you watched him all season? 

As for who to bring in, thats not my job, wilson will surely have been looking at replacements already, even a stop gap measure till summer could work

57 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Doekhi or John Souttar, Goldson out 

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

As for who to bring in, thats not my job, wilson will surely have been looking at replacements already, even a stop gap measure till summer could work

They've all been shite though under Gerrard but it's 1 goal in 4 under GVB, if you're telling me he should have been gone in the Summer I'd completely agree. I don't see the point in risking the league for whatever pittance we might get for him with 6 months left. I doubt we would even see a million.

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He’s been piss poor at times as have been the rest of his teammates but I’ve yet to see him back out of any tackles. With the change of management he’s looking more like the player we seen last season.

Open your eyes.

42 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

He’s been piss poor at times as have been the rest of his teammates but I’ve yet to see him back out of any tackles. With the change of management he’s looking more like the player we seen last season.

Open your eyes.

And has he signed a multi million pound deal with another club yet? A club that can cancel said deal with for example goldson gets crocked in a tackle

How did laudrup do again when he signed his pre contract with chelsea? 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And has he signed a multi million pound deal with another club yet? A club that can cancel said deal with for example goldson gets crocked in a tackle

How did laudrup do again when he signed his pre contract with chelsea? 

I don’t know if he’s signed a deal with another club but from watching him I know he’s not backing out of tackles and still winning headers.

Like the rest of his teammates he’s underperformed this season and he even publicly questioned the team’s mentality. He clearly still cares and that can be seen in every game whether we score a goal or lose a goal. 

Not sure why you want to talk about Laudrup.

53 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

I don’t know if he’s signed a deal with another club but from watching him I know he’s not backing out of tackles and still winning headers.

Like the rest of his teammates he’s underperformed this season and he even publicly questioned the team’s mentality. He clearly still cares and that can be seen in every game whether we score a goal or lose a goal. 

Not sure why you want to talk about Laudrup.

Right so he hasn't signed a deal the now (he can't really) and is going in for tackles etc

So what if he signs a pre contract with say west ham, for 40k a week for 4 years, 8mill deal minimum that can be cancelled by west ham at anytime until the deal officially kicks in

Do you honestly see him putting everything on the line for us, and jeopardising that 8mill deal in the second half of the season

And im talking about Laudrup cause he did the same thing, signed for Chelsea then downed tools for us