Goldson

GOAT

24 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Right so he hasn't signed a deal the now (he can't really) and is going in for tackles etc

So what if he signs a pre contract with say west ham, for 40k a week for 4 years, 8mill deal minimum that can be cancelled by west ham at anytime until the deal officially kicks in

Do you honestly see him putting everything on the line for us, and jeopardising that 8mill deal in the second half of the season

And im talking about Laudrup cause he did the same thing, signed for Chelsea then downed tools for us

So now you’re only going on what ifs rather than stating he’s downed tools which he clearly hasn’t.

To be honest I don’t know the answer to your what if question and neither do you.

What if he sees out the rest of the season in similar form to last season and we win the league?

1 minute ago, Real Ranger said:

So now you’re only going on what ifs rather than stating he’s downed tools which he clearly hasn’t.

To be honest I don’t know the answer to your what if question and neither do you.

What if he sees out the rest of the season in similar form to last season and we win the league?

Goldson hasn't downed tools mate. He is slightly off form due to his contract dispute and didn't help himself with post-match comments but if he could, would have worded differently.

I just saw today's training video and he certainly looks like he is enjoying himself.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Goldson hasn't downed tools mate. He is slightly off form due to his contract dispute and didn't help himself with post-match comments but if he could, would have worded differently.

I just saw today's training video and he certainly looks like he is enjoying himself.

Not sure how you know his drop in form was down to his contract situation, the entire team weren’t playing well and there had been mistakes all over the park.

I agree that in hindsight he would have worded his comments differently but they were said after walking off after a dreadful team performance and he was clearly hurting, they weren’t the words of someone who didn’t care.

I think he’s played well since Gio came in, long May it continue.

30 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Not sure how you know his drop in form was down to his contract situation, the entire team weren’t playing well and there had been mistakes all over the park.

I agree that in hindsight he would have worded his comments differently but they were said after walking off after a dreadful team performance and he was clearly hurting, they weren’t the words of someone who didn’t care.

I think he’s played well since Gio came in, long May it continue.

He was honking away to livi after he sold the goal

49 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Fair point on him being at fault for the 1 goal we’ve conceded in the last 4 games but he certainly hasn’t downed tools this season. 

Thats your opinion, a lot of people have the opinion that he has given how shite he's been and the fact he clearly doesn't want to stay

12 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So what if he signs a pre contract with say west ham, for 40k a week for 4 years, 8mill deal minimum that can be cancelled by west ham at anytime until the deal officially kicks in

Surely that would be illegal no?

34 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Yes

I'm sure West ham would have at least a clause that would be subject to Goldson's well being to their satisfaction at the time the deal is meant to be completed. In any case, It would be a pre-contract agreement with plenty of opportunities for either party to pull out before the actual contract kicks in. 

28 minutes ago, Misteral said:

I'm sure West ham would have at least a clause that would be subject to Goldson's well being to their satisfaction at the time the deal is meant to be completed. In any case, It would be a pre-contract agreement with plenty of opportunities for either party to pull out before the actual contract kicks in. 

Pre contracts are binding agreements, otherwise what's the point. How many times have you heard of them not going ahead?

15 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Pre contracts are binding agreements, otherwise what's the point. How many times have you heard of them not going ahead?

FIFA’s Dispute Resolution Chamber (‘DRC’) has had to determine on a number of occasions whether a pre-contract has binding effect when a dispute between a club and a player has arisen. The DRC has generally held that a pre-contract is binding if it contains essential terms such as the duration of the contract, remuneration and additional benefits. Another factor taken into account by the DRC is whether the pre-contract has come into effect. If the pre-contract has been terminated prior to when it is due to take effect, then the DRC has been reluctant to find that the pre-contract is binding, whilst if the parties have already begun to perform their obligations under the pre-contract prior to any termination, then this is usually evidence to prove that the parties intended to be bound by the terms of the pre-contract.

In an attempt to release themselves from the obligations under a pre-contract, parties have attempted to allege that the validity of a pre-contract was conditional upon a player successfully completing a medical or obtaining a work permit. However, the DRC has rejected all such arguments on the basis that Article 18(4) of FIFA’s Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players 2012 prevents the validity of a contract between a player and a club being “subject to a successful medical examination and/or the grant of a work permit”.

53 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Yes the are, but subject to certain terms and conditions being fulfilled before the main contract is signed. That's the legal effect whether you accept it or not.  Eg: The player won't sign if the club gets relegated. Or the club doesn't sign if the player doesn't pass a medical pre-contract date. That could be wrong according to graeme_4 and I accept that but the player and club can agree anything pre-contract as long as it's not unlawful. 

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Thats your opinion, a lot of people have the opinion that he has given how shite he's been and the fact he clearly doesn't want to stay

It’s my opinion based on his performances, aye he’s been shite along with his teammates for a good part of the season but it wasn’t through a lack of effort or bravery from him.

53 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Yes the are, but subject to certain terms and conditions being fulfilled before the main contract is signed. That's the legal effect whether you accept it or not.  Eg: The player won't sign if the club gets relegated. Or the club doesn't sign if the player doesn't pass a medical pre-contract date. That could be wrong according to graeme_4 and I accept that but the player and club can agree anything pre-contract as long as it's not unlawful. 

Any such examples?

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Gerry Britain tried to break his pre-contract, and sign for someone else. Ended up at the new club, but they had to pay compensation to the original club he’d signed with. 

It wasn't Gerry Britton but Richard Brttain at Ross County. Agreed a pre-contract with St. Johnstone. Decided not to move and Ross County re-registered him. Ended up having to pay something like 50k to St Johnstone.

I think it's best if he's moved on tbh . 

Don't think he's been particularly great this season and if he does sign a pre season agreement , as seems likely , then its only natural your focus is elsewhere . 

We just have to deal with it and find an alternative in January .