*****The Official Borussia Dortmund vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Essandoh

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Kamara has been shite this season apart from a few games at the start under Gio and would only be playing based on his reputation.

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Lundstram instead of Kamara or Davis is insanity.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Kamara has been shite this season apart from a few games at the start under Gio and would only be playing based on his reputation.

Glen’s horrific back pass at the end of the Ross County game is an example of why Big 5 teams haven’t come for him. His passing is too slack too often for a top flight DM.

I fear that a game of this quality is too fast for Lundstram aka Malmo.

Sure, he has vastly improved of late against spl sides. I hope he proves me wrong but a more agile, slightly out-of-form Kamara would still have been my choice.

I'm putting my faith on Borna to have a decent game tonight. His experience in these games is vastly underrated.

Just now, Colin Traive said:

No it isn't, form players should play and Lundstram is in form.

Lundstram has had a better season than Kamara and Davis.

Just now, bluenoz said:

I fear that a game of this quality is too fast for Lundstram aka Malmo.

Sure, he has vastly improved of late against spl sides. I hope he proves me wrong but a more agile, slightly out-of-form Kamara would still have been my choice.

I'm putting my faith on Borna to have a decent game tonight. His experience in these games is vastly underrated.

'Slightly' :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Playing Lundstram on the back of two very good performances instead of Kamara on the back of a few under par performances or Davis who has been out for a while is probably the opposite of insanity.

11 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

This on the back of two great results holding out against Hearts and Hibs conceding no goals but you'll focus on games like Ross county. Also forgetting when he took over after we were battered by Hibs we won two tough away games to the Edinburgh clubs again not conceding. 

My point goes back to some fans really shiting the bed and writing us off. People were fucking declaring them champions after the old firm game now we're writing ourselves off before a ball is kicked in a European match. Think after years without European football folks would just enjoy it and go in with some optimism.

The wins against Hearts and Hibs we didn’t sit back and defend though did we, we pressed the opposition from the front and were the attacking team.

Gio changed tactics after the criticism he received after the Aberdeen/County games.

I’m not moaning about it I’m simply stating the obvious, we are unlikely to get anything from tonight I’m not criticising Gio and the team for it I’m just being realistic.

Obviously I still want the players to go into the game aiming to win and at the very least give a good account of themselves but If we do get something from the game then it’s a bonus.

However Dortmund are a clear step up on anything we have faced since probably the year we reached the UEFA Cup Final.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

'Slightly' :lol: 

I purposefully highlighted the word because I think his form has been exaggerated. His performances for the first four weeks of GVB's reign were exceptional. Scapegoat comes to mind.

Anyway, I hope big Lundstram has a great game.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I purposefully highlighted the word because I think his form has been exaggerated. His performances for the first four weeks of GVB's reign were exceptional. Scapegoat comes to mind.

Anyway, I hope big Lundstram has a great game.

Irony of calling Kamara a scapegoat when saying he should play ahead of Lundstram is unreal.