*****The Official Borussia Dortmund vs Rangers Match Thread*****

Essandoh

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

No Balogun

Bassey at CB then with Barisic LB.

Going to be fun......

On the plus side, Ryan Jack available is a big bonus.

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Bassey Barisic 

Jack Davis Kamara

Aribo Arfield 

Morelos

Of course, he could always play Sands or King at CB to allow him to keep Bassey at LB but I don’t see it. Barisic might actually play better without Kent in front of him (if the stories of Kent’s absence are true).

I’d genuinely rather have King or Sands at CB and keep Bassey where he belongs at LB.

Barisic in current form up against Reus is a terrifying thought. It’s gonna be like Whittaker against Urinea Urziceni all over again, where he almost single handedly managed to lose us the game 4-1.

6 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I’d genuinely rather have King or Sands at CB and keep Bassey where he belongs at LB.

Barisic in current form up against Reus is  a terrifying thought. It’s gonna be like Whittaker against Urinea Urziceni all over again, where he almost single handedly managed to lose us the game 4-1.

I’ve been quite impressed with what I’ve seen of Sands so far. Steady and keep it simple, no fuss. 

On 14/02/2022 at 10:25, Essandoh said:

UEFA Europa League Knockout Round Play-Off 1st Leg

Thursday 17th February

Westfalenstadion

BT Sports 2 - 1745 kickoff

My starting XI:

McGregor; Tavernier, Goldson, Balogun, Bassey; Kamara, Ramsey, Aribo; Diallo, Morelos, Kent

Helander would start under any other circumstances but I highly doubt he’s going to be in the eleven after a feature vs Annan. Once he’s fully fit he should be starting every game for me.

Diallo & Ramsey will be guaranteed starts, Kent & Alfie should thrive under the lights over there.

Alfredo, the stage is yours. :Gio:

5E0CB0CF-02DC-4F5D-8F4F-ECC176404438.thumb.png.e795c04f7d8e394887f9f354a88b8496.png952CBFA1-0BBA-4ADB-82F4-D19637C89850.thumb.png.dcc4ed5687744a59b8b5130fbc26d4ee.png

Helander isn’t in the euro squad ! 

McGregor

Sands   Goldson  Bassey

Tav                                                Borna

Lundstram  

Arfield                 Kamara

Aribo

Morelos

Extra body in with Goldson Bassey could help hopefully 

Keep Jack, Helander, Kent Ramsey fresh for Sunday.

57 minutes ago, Number6 said:

Kent and Roofe played in France in December. Plus you can get into Germany with a negative test result if no vaccinations. 

Has this rumour been debunked yet? 

France and Germany are different countries.

You can get into Germany if unvaccinated from the UK, but have to quarantine.

Only hope is there is an exception for footballers. Or better yet, none of our players are simpletons.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

France and Germany are different countries.

You can get into Germany if unvaccinated from the UK, but have to quarantine.

Only hope is there is an exception for footballers. Or better yet, none of our players are simpletons.

I understand that. Just pointing out they might well be vaccinated or there's something in place for unvaccinated players travelling for games. 

Edit: I think the quarantine element of entering Germany has been lifted too. Again on proof of negative test or recovery if not vaccinated. 

2 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Barisic in current form up against Reus is a terrifying thought. It’s gonna be like Whittaker against Urinea Urziceni all over again, where he almost single handedly managed to lose us the game 4-1.

Very likely he will be up against Brandt rather than Reus.

King is nowhere near ready, did you see him against Sevilla's kids?