Old Firm In Australia…

On 22/03/2022 at 12:40, offminorthreat said:

Oooooft good one. That will be hard for a few to respond to.. But but but but 

The outrage is ALL about the fact it's a shite friendly on other side of the world and nothing to do with the horrific secrets they keep which sine are conveniently claiming. 

What does this even mean?

41 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

I think it’s more about being a supporting act to a club that doesn’t recognise us as the same club we’ve been for 150 years. 
If this ( Glasgow derby ) is billed as Ange’s homecoming both by the mob across the city and in Australia then we should act like a supporting act and send mainly our under 18’s with the coaching staff for this group.

This would serve to make a mockery of the tournament and appease our fans, as well as making Rangers a few million quid.

Wouldn't appease the fans at all would make us look absolutely ridiculous.

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Literally every single person in the boardroom who has put a penny into the club has done so for a return. There hasn't been any money just 'given' to Rangers out of altruism.

Which is why I've never had any time for the argument that we need so-called hot-shot Scottish entrepreneurs with 'Rangers connections' running the show. Characters like Alastair 'expenses' Johnston, King, Park and the rest of them, who lack the skills and connections to leverage significant external investment in the club, but pursue their own interests, which sometimes coincide with those of the club, sometim s not. We get mediocre leadership, plus the hypocrisy. 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Literally every single person in the boardroom who has put a penny into the club has done so for a return. There hasn't been any money just 'given' to Rangers out of altruism.

I wouldn't expect otherwise tbh, they are businessmen after all and at the end of the day would they not be expecting a return at some point?, I'm certainly not going to criticize them for putting their money in when it was needed.

18 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

100%

Fuck's sake they couldn't set up to lose the match and humiliate us.

There’s already nothing at stake apart from bragging rights but if Rangers treat the tournament with the contempt it deserves by sending the youth team, the only people humiliated would be the organisers as it would make the spectacle a complete farce and non event.

28 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

There’s already nothing at stake apart from bragging rights but if Rangers treat the tournament with the contempt it deserves by sending the youth team, the only people humiliated would be the organisers as it would make the spectacle a complete farce and non event.

I get the line of argument, but respectfully disagree.  Don't think I'd enjoy Scum 7 - Us 0, or something.  It would be an "*" like their league title by fax. 

Even if we were playing them in a poetry recital competition, I'd still want to kick their cunts in.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I'd still be fuming we rolled over and got our belly ticked as Ange's Washington Generals.

I don't think anyone would be happy with any team wearing Rangers colours getting absolutely humped 8-0 or some such by the scum. Also if part of the rationale were to increase our popularity in that part of the world it would have the opposite effect.

14 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

He’s the one person who should be blame free. 

He’s massively increased our revenue, it’s his job to bring offers like this to the table. It’s the boards job to say no when they are going to be as unpopular as the friendly…

Nah no chance, commercial director who makes a business decision that alienates his biggest source of income should absolutely not be blame free.

10 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Nah no chance, commercial director who makes a business decision that alienates his biggest source of income should absolutely not be blame free.

He didn’t make the decision. He was given the offer/was trying to drive up business which is his job, it was presented to the board who agreed to proceed with it. 

If I take an offer from a client to my boss for sign off and they approve it, the responsibility for that decision and fallout lies with them…

11 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

He didn’t make the decision. He was given the offer/was trying to drive up business which is his job, it was presented to the board who agreed to proceed with it. 

If I take an offer from a client to my boss for sign off and they approve it, the responsibility for that decision and fallout lies with them…

He's a member of the board.

34 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

He's a member of the board.

But he’s not the most senior member of that board, he’s exec not a major shareholder. 

This decision was presented and approved at a board meeting, by the person who’s department and reputation benefits the most from this deal. Someone like Park/whoever should’ve challenged him or shot it down. 

Stewart Robertson should’ve fucking overruled it as CEO of none of the shareholders had a problem with it, as he’s Bisgroves boss. 

2 hours ago, blaudrup said:

I get the line of argument, but respectfully disagree.  Don't think I'd enjoy Scum 7 - Us 0, or something.  It would be an "*" like their league title by fax. 

Even if we were playing them in a poetry recital competition, I'd still want to kick their cunts in.

I get your point of view and agree we want to beat them whenever we play them, but if our youths got spanked ( pardon the wording )10 nil the whole tournament would have even less credibility.

It would completely take any sense of achievement away. As much as they’re deluded they surely wouldn’t brag about beating a youth team. 

16 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

But he’s not the most senior member of that board, he’s exec not a major shareholder. 

This decision was presented and approved at a board meeting, by the person who’s department and reputation benefits the most from this deal. Someone like Park/whoever should’ve challenged him or shot it down. 

Stewart Robertson should’ve fucking overruled it as CEO of none of the shareholders had a problem with it, as he’s Bisgroves boss. 

Of course Robertson should have said no but think it's madness to absolve him of any blame, he's a fucking parasite.

21 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

The board are totally to blame. They knew it would cause issues. Didn't consult any fan groups or think twice about cosying up with a club who; covered up child abuse, wanted titles stripped from us, insist we are dead, refuse to call us by our name, insist we are cheats and despise everything we stand for. 

They should be trying to calm the situation down, not inflame it. Starting fights with the fan groups and supporters who pay their wages for a diddy tournent that nobody wants. If they double down and refuse to take up King's offer they will soon be out of a job. 

100% positive this will have wiped that smirk off robertsons face.