The songbook last night v St Johnstone (A)

CR3

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

You cant take money off supporters then 'donate it' and the display will likely be something regarding the 150th anniversary so needs to be done at this game.

@marky you are both arguing over something that isn’t happening as the display is rightly going ahead 

5 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

@marky you are both arguing over something that isn’t happening as the display is rightly going ahead 

Good that it's going ahead. Don't let this shite overshadow the 150th anniversary even if it is disgraceful from the board.

If they didn't do the display it would leave them open to being mocked. Guaranteed the taigs would give it something about us not being 150 years old and that's why they didn't have it etc

8 minutes ago, Willis said:

Good that it's going ahead. Don't let this shite overshadow the 150th anniversary even if it is disgraceful from the board.

If they didn't do the display it would leave them open to being mocked. Guaranteed the taigs would give it something about us not being 150 years old and that's why they didn't have it etc

I think we need to focus on the 3 points and 150 years on Saturday without any other distractions and that includes some of the songs and chants from last night 

14 minutes ago, Willis said:

Na, their tifo aside, everything else can get fucked. Hopefully plenty of protests

31 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

No arguments from me mate, just playing devil’s dick advocaat with @The Specky Liar . Respect what’s being said I’m just trying to understand what alternatives could be made. I still think that they could have done something differently but as I have and as you have said it makes no difference considering the decision has been made. Got to hope that the board’s decision is one that we can make a difference in. The support is dead against it and they need to listen.

I have no doubt that the voices of the supporters will be put to better use anyway and we will be heard, outwith the display going ahead this weekend. I do hope it is done far more appropriately  and meaningfully than with singing of last night’s nature though.

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

They came after us over a doctored video by someone called willie wanker, stopping singing the songs isn't going to change them coming after us

It does mean that they have us bang to rights when they do though.

Of course my foot started tapping when they started up I grew up in an era where fuck all was said about songs at the football.

Times change and certain songs will cause us trouble, best to stay well clear. By all means protest this dumb as fuck friendly and tell the board where they can fucking stick it. Fuck all wrong with the banners either. Sing BJK so that they know we don't want fuck all friendly with cunts that cover up paedophilia. 

Singing songs that have fuck all to do with why we are pissed off that can cause problems for both the club and yourself won't help and usually just distracts from what we are actually pissed off about. 

16 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

It does mean that they have us bang to rights when they do though.

Of course my foot started tapping when they started up I grew up in an era where fuck all was said about songs at the football.

Times change and certain songs will cause us trouble, best to stay well clear. By all means protest this dumb as fuck friendly and tell the board where they can fucking stick it. Fuck all wrong with the banners either. Sing BJK so that they know we don't want fuck all friendly with cunts that cover up paedophilia. 

Singing songs that have fuck all to do with why we are pissed off that can cause problems for both the club and yourself won't help and usually just distracts from what we are actually pissed off about. 

What do you mean by cause us trouble mate? Genuinely. The away support regularly sings TBB, super Rangers, the sash with add ons, FF with FTP in it and songs about the UVF and nothing is ever said. The only songs that were sung last night that I haven't heard for a while were No Pope Of Rome and if the pope says no

29 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No one knows but I’m assuming the club will have something planned pre game/half time considering they’re going on about it being the 150th anniversary 

I believe the Board want £150 from each supporter in attendance. 

But they are setting up cash free points so mind and take your bank or credit card. :thumbup:

17 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

What do you mean by cause us trouble mate? Genuinely. The away support regularly sings TBB, super Rangers, the sash with add ons, FF with FTP in it and songs about the UVF and nothing is ever said. The only songs that were sung last night that I haven't heard for a while were No Pope Of Rome and if the pope says no

Unless some kind of strict liability gets put in in Scotland then it's not going to cause us any trouble with authorities, but it absolutely harms the reputation of the club. 

@Prso's headband on another thread today quite rightly pointed out that we have no top tier commercial partnerships under Bisgrove. Some of that is to do with the marketability of Scotland but some of it also comes down to the image of the club and the support and last night does us no good in terms of making things better on that front.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Unless some kind of strict liability gets put in in Scotland then it's not going to cause us any trouble with authorities, but it absolutely harms the reputation of the club. 

@Prso's headband on another thread today quite rightly pointed out that we have no top tier commercial partnerships under Bisgrove. Some of that is to do with the marketability of Scotland but some of it also comes down to the image of the club and the support and last night does us no good in terms of making things better on that front.

The tarriers have been able to deals with the likes of Magners and Adidas whilst singing their shite/their fans behaving disgracefully

37 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Just the usual shite that we get. 

I know that the songs are sung you hear them on RTV but last night took it up a few levels making it harder to ignore and as more importantly let's the actual message about that stupid friendly be ignored. 

Fuck the board and anyone else who has an issue, we have seen outsiders have a go at us for fuck all and the board stand idly by and refuse to defend the fans

The same fans they then shat upon with the boak inducing fucking friendly with the kiddy fiddlers

And the rest of Scotland can go take a fuck to itself as well 

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

The tarriers have been able to deals with the likes of Magners and Adidas whilst singing their shite/their fans behaving disgracefully

The tarriers only got they deals because they spent a few years in the CL under Rodgers, and became the dominant force in the country

These companies have no morals, they will just go with whoever can give you thr biggest exposure

It hasn’t mattered what we’ve stopped singing or who we’ve signed religious or diversity wise the same hateful bhastards from the same hateful source have continue to bad mouth and demonise us and until we draw a line in the sand and say Fuck You and take them on toe to toe they will continue to do so.

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The tarriers only got they deals because they spent a few years in the CL under Rodgers, and became the dominant force in the country

These companies have no morals, they will just go with whoever can give you thr biggest exposure

The magners deal was just a continuance of their tennents deal (C&C group). Same as our Blackthorn deal. Gave the appearance that we'd both moved to new sponsors but were really just displaying different brands C&C Group already owned.