*****Official Dundee vs Rangers - Scottish Cup QF match thread*****

.Williamson.

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

McLaughlin is more than capable of stepping in for McGregor. Long term I want to see McCrorie playing though 

Not much yet to suggest McCrorie will be good enough to step up. But if it is to be him we need to get him game time - either here, or out on loan - at a decent club.

1 minute ago, left winger said:

Not much yet to suggest McCrorie will be good enough to step up. But if it is to be him we need to get him game time - either here, or out on loan - at a decent club.

He’s 23, he either gets game time next season or we sell him, there’s no sense loaning him out again. 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

He’s 23, he either gets game time next season or we sell him, there’s no sense loaning him out again. 

If we think he’s the long term keeper, but not ready yet, then a season on loan might still be a reasonable plan. I don’t think being 23 is an issue for him going out on loan. If he was an outfield player, then yeah.

32 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Pretty sure shagger was around 25/26 when on loan to st j before becoming our no 1

23 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

It's mostly true, hence the use of the word 'nearly'. McLaughlin is bang average.

The games he isn’t making great saves he is now dropping us points. Think McLaughlin is fine, I would have no issue with him replacing McGregor for the rest of the season because I am basically at a stage now I don’t feel comfortable having McGregor in goals when the opposition attacks.

He won’t be dropped though, Gio has a favourite 11 and he won’t be changing or subbing it for anyone.

1 minute ago, sasap said:

Pretty sure shagger was around 25/26 when on loan to st j before becoming our no 1

Would be pointless loaning him out again because we would literally have to buy a goalkeeper in just to have a first and second choice when he would be on loan 

6 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Shagger has run his race so we will need a number 1 for next season. I reckon that we have to buy with either McLaughlin  or McCrorie as back up.

Some cunt better tell that guy Fae the other night