*****The Official Champions vs scum Thread*****

Essandoh

5 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Quite simply, they are a better team than us, not by much mind, but still better, and that is why they are top of the league. 

GvB has been poor, but the players have made a half arsed attempt at defending their title, even before Gerrard left, there was a complete malaise about them.

I think many thought that they were going to get a big move after winning the title, and didn't.

Funny how they produce when Europe is watching though.

I’d be the first to agree we clearly haven’t been the same team as last season from day one but we still won an Old Firm game and built a lead at the top, also at least producing some decent football at times 

Whats happened since new year has been another level of bad 

Starting to think some players thought they would get a big move and considered it as job done after 55. 

did I think celtic would go away and we would dominate? No. It’s 50 50 now and it’s not about money. It helps but it’s getting the right recruitment in and whoever wants it more

3 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Great assist but not 1 shot on target iirc. Kent needs to provide a lot more than what he does in these big games. What happened to the Dortmund kent? 

3 goals and 8 assists in 32 games.

Good luck getting £7m back with a year left...

22 minutes ago, fin8577 said:

Today Willie Collum had a shocker the likes of Carter-Vickers, Starfelt and McGregor should have been booked in the first half for persistent fouling.  Taylor should have been booked for a dangerous tackle and wasnt.  

That was a penalty by the rules of the game now and we didn't get it when it hit Carter-Vickers arm.   The Greek striker was constantly fouling and should have been off as well. 

Just no consistency from Ref in Scotland and something needs to be done. 

We didn’t lose the game because of the refereeing. Would agree about the bookings possibly but it’s never a penalty because his arms aren’t outside the ‘silhouette’ as they call it. Absolutely clutching at straws trying to claim a penalty. Maeda going down never a pen either btw. 

The league is gone, the Scottish Cup is the only game stopping them from winning a treble, seriously let that sink in!

The 2-2 draw against Motherwell told me everything I needed to know about Gio and his tactical ability.

We have, had the two best attacking fullbacks in the league, play 5 against their back four and you'll see how good Carter-Vickers and Starfelt are!

Managing and playing for Rangers is about winning, this manager and team needs gutted!

Absolutely gutted at that , destroyed the rest of the season for me. You could see 5 minutes after their first goal that we were falling back again. When we played out from the back they had 4 players on us every time just like the last game. At their end we had 2 at best pressing because our midfield were back at the halfway or in our half. Annoying thing there is they are a fuckin joke playing out from the back. Why the fuck we continually play out from the back against them I will never know , we cant do it.

I never said much about this match before it because I had a feeling our backline was going to fuck up again. The core of this backline has now been there for 4 years and in that time have won one single trophy and have almost always been the reason for so many calamitous results in all our cup disasters.

I dont even think its a problem made by GVB , that defence under pressure revert to type , they bottle it and sit back. Any good manager can see if you run at that defence in numbers they will collapse, we have seen it so many many times.

I watched a game in Banff a few weeks ago and the keeper made 2 world class saves and only the folk in the ground seen them , point is all keepers make great saves , not all of them make repeated fuck ups every time a ball comes into their boxes. I dont rate the defence but I dont think they have any confidence in McGregor either and thats something our defence always used to have.

We have now handed them £40m plus on a plate and they will be out of sight for years now and all our records against them are under threat big time. Those that actually think that defence is going to win the UEFA cup are deluded , 1 trophy in 4 years tells you they are winning fuck all anytime soon

In hindsight the January window was a huge deciding factor. They target certain types of player that would fit their system; we sign an unproven lightweight youngster and an almost perpetually crocked ‘name’. Oh, and James Sands who I completely forgot about. (Haven’t seen enough of the Polish lad to make any kind of judgement)

What I’d give for - instead of those three-  just one of those players we were perpetually linked with and who went elsewhere and seemingly tore it up. (Veerman, Skov Olsen etc) Probably was never going to happen but I don’t think anyone can say that the window has been any kind of a success for us.

4 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

They can afford a couple of draws, we can’t afford to drop anything and I can’t see that happening especially with Europe in the background 

Any cunt thinking this side can take anything in the Europa or League is delusional. One semi final against those cunts is all that’s left. Everything into the cup. The thought of that fat greasy cunt winning the treble is unthinkable