Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

41 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

this is whats going to happen, we will just prolong it.  we don't expect anything from europe, its all about the money in europe but its domestic trophies we should be competing for and he is struggling to find form in the lg. 

I expected a response or reaction to the display at the weekend and the only response was worse than Saturday. If there is nothing against the sheep at the weekend he's lost the dressing room in September. And needs to go. 

The criminal thing is that a genuinely exciting young signing, Tillman, must be increasingly disenchanted with the mess around him and the indecipherable role he’s being asked to play, especially as it seems to change every week.

I fear that guys like Lowry, McCann, King, Devine might end up looking at other options as the club is in free fall at the moment.

We are nowhere near as fit as the scum squad and the pressing game, which was so effective for so long, seems to have been abandoned. When we lost possession, you could count the handful of seconds it took us to reclaim it.

Where do you even start man!! 

Playing 10/11 players who had played in that embarrassment on Saturday send out a fucking ridiculous message to these players! 

Tonight was screaming out for Morelos over Colak, apparent that we wouldn’t create a load of chances and Alfie’s hold up play is top drawer. 

if the above is down to fitness, why was he not brought in for half an hour when the game was already done? 

Zonal fucking marking! Has been glaringly obvious to absolutely everybody that this doesn’t work for us, why has it not changed to man marking? 

Coming out after the game and saying we can’t compete is about as pathetic & tinpot a reaction you are ever gonna get, he should be sacked for that alone. A Rangers manager who tells his players & fans that we don’t expect to compete in any game is criminal! 

Overall appeared quite passive & upbeat following that, because Ajax are brilliant seemingly! 

Also, how can he watch the effort being put in by these players and not react. Ryan Kent stood with his hands up looking for a throw in whilst Ajax took it. Literal mirror image of Saturday and not even a flicker from Gio. Tillman is regularly walking & our press is fucking pathetic. 

get him to fuck! 

2 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Thing is with a fair chunk of our squad, under a better manager we wouldn't need wholesale changes because they have the ability to play high tempo high press attacking football. Sure, there's some we need to get rid of but I honestly think now's the best time to bring a fresh change of style of manager in, see if they can get the best out of Kent and Morelos prior to them signing pre contracts in jan.

Kents a lost cause and so is Alfredo.

They won't be giving anything other than the bare minimum given they will have a new club in a couple of months lined up. 

Just now, The Godfather said:

Players are a disgrace but we see it all the time at clubs when they don't like what a manager is doing. Player power rules these days.

Doesn't help when the manager is basically saying we can't compete 1 game into a 6 game tournament. Loser mentality and that seeps into the ranks.

Players are a disgrace, but it looks like there's no leadership and that comes from the manager first, players aren't even on each others back, no fighting for each other.

23 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

A competent manager would get these players comfortably past the dross in our league.

The players have downed tools and his football would cure insomnia. Can't sack a playing squad so he has to go.

The taigs have his number and most away games are a coin toss.

We need a new board too but that won't be happening any time soon.

Can’t sack a playing squad, but a lot do them need to be weeded out too. The usual suspects who let us down time and time again.

Just now, The Godfather said:

Kents a lost cause and so is Alfredo.

They won't be giving anything other than the bare minimum given they will have a new club in a couple of months lined up. 

You're right, but who's going to be interested in them with these shite displays and lack of attitude?

Morelos isn't getting his move to the top leagues he's been going on about for years and Kent isn't getting the move he wants to a decent EPL club.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Can’t sack a playing squad, but a lot do them need to be weeded out too. The usual suspects who let us down time and time again.

Yup. Kent and Morelos will be gone next season for a start.

Kamara should have been sold but we fucked that up and Sands needs sent packing back to the states.

Goldson just signed a deal we are stuck with him on massive wages now.

We basically need a new keeper, 2 wide players, a couple of midfielders and some defenders...basically a new starting 11...again minus a couple of positions.

Horrendous 

2 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

You're right, but who's going to be interested in them with these shite displays and lack of attitude?

Morelos isn't getting his move to the top leagues he's been going on about for years and Kent isn't getting the move he wants to a decent EPL club.

Because they will be free I suspect a European team will scoop them up on fairly low wages in comparison to what we have as top tier. Morelos I can see going to Spain to a mid table side and Kent will fuck off to Germany.

Last seasons European efforts will see them in good stead to clubs despite the shite they churn up for us domestically.

He’s totally binned our pressing game which basically won us 55.

God knows what he’s doing with the players fitness wise. We looked miles off it. Guys like Tavernier, Lundstrum and Kent are fantastic athletes. But looked nowhere near where we know they can be.

We’ve not been blessed with creative midfielders for years. But we at least could get Tav and Barisic to the bye line. Wtf was that tonight. Has he decided that our biggest goal threat in Tav shouldn’t bother attacking anymore.

He’s scared of his own shadow Gio.

The worst bit is there’s no evidence he’s learning. That was a carbon copy of the old firm game. And we looked even more clueless.

Scratching my head trying to figure out wtf the plan was when in possession tonight. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Because they will be free I suspect a European team will scoop them up on fairly low wages in comparison to what we have as top tier. Morelos I can see going to Spain to a mid table side and Kent will fuck off to Germany.

Last seasons European efforts will see them in good stead to clubs despite the shite they churn up for us domestically.

Reckon the best they could do in Europe is Greece or Turkey or somewhere like that. 

China, USA, English Championship or whatever club it was in Spain that Nacho played for.

11 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yup. Kent and Morelos will be gone next season for a start.

Kamara should have been sold but we fucked that up and Sands needs sent packing back to the states.

Goldson just signed a deal we are stuck with him on massive wages now.

We basically need a new keeper, 2 wide players, a couple of midfielders and some defenders...basically a new starting 11...again minus a couple of positions.

Horrendous 

I agree with almost all of what you said. Sands hasn’t been great but he’s being played wildly out of position and has absolutely pissed all over Goldson in terms of his performances at the back.

He absolutely should have been more aggressive for the first but then our heroic vice captain ducked out of the  way then too.

25 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

I expected a response or reaction to the display at the weekend and the only response was worse than Saturday. If there is nothing against the sheep at the weekend he's lost the dressing room in September. And needs to go. 

I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve expected this squad to come out the traps flying after a previous embarrassment only to have them lay broken eggs once again. FS, this is OUR club they’re getting the PRIVILEGE of representing and these abject shite don’t-give-a-toss performances are dragging the great name of this club across a clarty bog floor. If you don’t take pride in pulling on that jersey then GTF and let someone step in that does. Absolutely raging after witnessing the timid shite we’ve been subjected to over the last two matches.:

The interview is utterly horrendous and he isn’t the right manager for us. I don’t want him sacked even after poor results vs Aberdeen and Napoli should they happen though. The spotlight needs firmly pointed at Robertson, Wilson and his entire department.

Gio probably cost us the league last year. The rest will cost us premier status in Scotland. Burn the whole thing to the ground. 

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He is clearly meaning compete as in compete to win the thing.

Its fucking amateur to come out and say that, though.. talk around the question (if it even was one) - but dont come out and say that when the fans have bought packages in their thousands!!! 

6 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

That we’re going absolutely fucking nowhere under him when he clearly struggles to pick up results away from home.. at every single club he’s managed! 

Not every league is Scotland where two clubs are expected to win 90+% of games