Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

1 hour ago, delparlane said:

I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve expected this squad to come out the traps flying after a previous embarrassment only to have them lay broken eggs once again. FS, this is OUR club they’re getting the PRIVILEGE of representing and these abject shite don’t-give-a-toss performances are dragging the great name of this club across a clarty bog floor. If you don’t take pride in pulling on that jersey then GTF and let someone step in that does. Absolutely raging after witnessing the timid shite we’ve been subjected to over the last two matches.:

8 goals in 2 games with no response is embarrassing and hard to come back from especially when we are so lethargic and lack any kind of fight. 

1 hour ago, scottyc06 said:

Coming out after the game and saying we can’t compete is about as pathetic & tinpot a reaction you are ever gonna get, he should be sacked for that alone. A Rangers manager who tells his players & fans that we don’t expect to compete in any game is criminal! 

This all day long. He should be sacked this morning for this alone. What fu**ing message does this send out to the players and the fans who have forked out. Even Pedro never came out with shite like this. For a Rangers manager to come out with this is scandalous. Did i expect to beat Ajax away? No. But dont tell me we can't at least compete,we absolutely can under a manager who is not a stubborn arsehole,who can see when things are not working,and who is not afraid to make changes after a clusterfuck. Honestly get this charlatan away from my club.

I don't blame the players btw they've went from being coached at elite level to Sunday level under the Dutch mob. Clearly these players can see right through his bs tactical plan and have zero faith in the guy. 

I wish the dressing room leaders tav Goldson Davis mcgregor etc would privately be telling Wilson that this just isn't working. 

It's a horrible way to do it but needs must GVB needs removed 

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Nah fuck that. The vast majority of these players have been heavily involved in shitshow performances and collapses for the majority of their time at the club. Gio might not be the answer, but plenty of those players have shown that they aren’t either.

Plenty of these players have also shown they can follow instructions and a tactical plan to achieve results when needs must. So why not now imo because they don't believe in the management. This is a good group of players having the life sucked out them from a defensive negative manager. 

Whilst he got the result in psv I think how the morelos thing has been handled has clearly caused massive issues imo

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I don't blame the players btw they've went from being coached at elite level to Sunday level under the Dutch mob. Clearly these players can see right through his bs tactical plan and have zero faith in the guy. 

I wish the dressing room leaders tav Goldson Davis mcgregor etc would privately be telling Wilson that this just isn't working. 

It's a horrible way to do it but needs must GVB needs removed 

You’ve came away with some amount of shite Kirk, and that might be the top of the list. Fuck me man. I hope to fuck you’ve been drinking and that’s why you’re spouting this pish.

You can't survive 0-8 at Rangers.

I get Plan B may take a few weeks, but if the wheels are not already in motion for a new manager, then we are in big trouble.

The lack of signings after beating PSV is confusing and worrisome.

Here's hoping for legit HK investors.

I think he's far to cautious as a manager, I would have one or two of the youths playing every week. They either sink or swim imo, they can't be any worse than some of the players performing at present. 

Look at King tonight hardly looked out of place yet can't get a game against yer St jonstones and Kilmarnocks. 

13 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Would like to see Charlie McCann get his chance. Davis is 37 years old, Arfield is 33, Jack is a shadow of the player he used to be and Kamara apparently wants away. What are we waiting for?

I think the whole fan base want to see young McCann in there. 

I was really hoping Kamara got his move, great player for us in Europe on his day but just blowing to hot and cold at the moment, the money brought in could have got us two players at least. 

Very hard to defend him having  looked pretty clueless the last couple of games , however last season's Euro run and qualifying for CL should give him a bit of leeway to see if he can turn it around . 

Teams , and managers , go through spells of bad results , even in successful seasons .

It was always going to be unrealistic looking for a reaction in Amsterdam against Ajax on a CL night , Aberdeen , however , there can be no excuses . 

4 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

If we're 7 or 8 points behind come Sunday, then it's going to be very difficult for him.

Agreed but if you expect this board to fork out millions to sack and replace him I think you’ll be waiting a while.

Cunts couldn’t even get us a signing in the door after getting to group stages.

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Folk don’t like it, but this squad are a group without a real winner in there. They are serial losers.

55 was amazing, but it was a fluke season, and they’ve absolutely crumbled for the other 4/5 years.

Needs a complete clear out. 

Agreed, there is still the spine (less) of about 4 or 5 players, who, have been there for over 4 years, and have won very little in that time.

14 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Folk don’t like it, but this squad are a group without a real winner in there. They are serial losers.

55 was amazing, but it was a fluke season, and they’ve absolutely crumbled for the other 4/5 years.

Needs a complete clear out. 

Called this for a year now, a lot longet for a few of them who got lucky in BCD season

8 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Working his ticket? Veiled dig at the board? Could be either of those things. I don’t know what the inner workings of the club are, but do you think somebody as calm and as intelligent as he is, didn’t know what he was saying when he said that?

I think he was trying to justify the mauling to Ajax and lower expectations.

I think he fucked it in how he delivered it.