Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

Let me start by saying I want Gio gone.  I've yet to listen to a full interview he's given, I just can't listen to him.  I've thought for a long time that he'd take us backwards and that we have no discernible tactics or style of play. Now it seems pretty obvious to me that the players don't have faith in what he wants either - or even worse, don't know what he wants either.  It's only a matter of time, he just can't be allowed to continue in post.

Mind you, I remember from afar thinking the same about Arteta at Arsenal.  Before anyone shouts at me, read my first sentence again ha ha. 

1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

we seen the players down tools under his management last night.   the players are a fucking joke too but he should be gone, he has lost that dressing room.  id put more trust in a caretaker manager than him. Maybe player would find a spark again and player like Morelos and kamara etc would return to form maybe even sign new contracts. the guy is a fraud. 

No way are Kent, Morelos or Kamara signing any new contract.  

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

I think there's a chance Alfie stays, depending on the level of interest he gets. He seems pretty happy with us.

Kent and Kamara might as well already be gone.

Alfie wants away.  He disengaged from the players at the warm-up last night, wandered off toward the centre circle on his todd.  Going through the motions. 

3 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Alfie wants away.  He disengaged from the players at the warm-up last night, wandered off toward the centre circle on his todd.  Going through the motions. 

Probably pissed off that he wasn’t starting. I don’t blame him. I think he hates GVB. 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And getting rid of gio is going to automatically stop teams with a bit of quality and pace playing against us? 

Fine get a new manager, but unless in jan window he clears out the majority of the absolute shitebags in the team we'll still see the same shite, most of that squad are gutless cowards who have no bottle for a fight when its not going their way, and it starts with the captain and the fancy dan on left wing, both of whom are fucking criminal for hiding when its tough 

I'm not fully blaming Gio for everything but he's had 1 pre season and ripped out every good thing about these players and this team to the point where nobody can even figure out what we're trying to do.

There is no direction in the team and that's on him. 

The board, recruitment and players deserve equal blame but a good manager would get more out of those players in terms of effort at least.

Gerrard got these players to a point where they'd be going into old firms believing they would win and his record against them before leaving showed that. Gio doesn't instill any belief and looks to stop teams as opposed to putting his stamp on the game and playing to our strengths. Gio's negativity has ripped that belief away.

The players have shown they are cowards numerous times but they've shown over the years they are capable of better than this and this is the worst they've ever been in my opinion so that's down to the manager. 

Lastly, a good manager wouldn't sit by and let us sign shite and offer new contracts to ageing players. He'd want his own stamp on the team and he's not done that. That's why the board like him.

He's a cup manager who'll get a few good results every so often but he has no clue how to build a team and we won't win the league with him.

1 minute ago, GaryMc said:

I'm not fully blaming Gio for everything but he's had 1 pre season and ripped out every good thing about these players and this team to the point where nobody can even figure out what we're trying to do.

There is no direction in the team and that's on him. 

The board, recruitment and players deserve equal blame but a good manager would get more out of those players in terms of effort at least.

Gerrard got these players to a point where they'd be going into old firms believing they would win and his record against them before leaving showed that. Gio doesn't instill any belief and looks to stop teams as opposed to putting his stamp on the game and playing to our strengths. Gio's negativity has ripped that belief away.

The players have shown the are cowards numerous times but they've shown over the years they are capable of better than this and this is the worst they've ever been in my opinion so that's down to he manager. 

Lastly, a good manager wouldn't sit by and let us sign shite and offer new contracts to ageing players. He'd want his own stamp on the team and he's not done that. That's why the board like him.

He's a cup manager who'll get a few good results every so often but he has no clue how to build a team and we won't win the league with him.

Yup.

3 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

The harsh reality is that as a support we are all talking about when he is sacked, and who his replacement will be. 

I can all but guarantee that those same conversations are not happening in the boardroom. The view will be that Europe was a ‘success’ by qualifying for the UCL, and we can’t compete at this level. We’re only 2 points behind them in the league so the title race is very much alive.  

Yet, it’ll come to no surprise to us when we eventually fall out of the title race over the coming months & have to sack him. 

We have a favourable run of fixtures through to the World Cup then an extended break where a new manager can get good time on the training pitch with the players. I’m not convinced any manager can get this squad to a title, but many will have a better chance than Gio.

Up to the board.

We all know what’s coming, the board will sleepwalk to the inevitable when we can still be domestically salvaged during the break. 

They will know the players can’t stand GVB and I’ve been highly critical of the players but if their openly saying it in close circles why are we not being proactive about it… 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We all know what’s coming, the board will sleepwalk to the inevitable when we can still be domestically salvaged during the break. 

They will know the players can’t stand GVB and I’ve been highly critical of the players but if their openly saying it in close circles why are we not being proactive about it… 

Genuine question around the players saying they can't stand GVB in close circles - is that rumour mill or good sources?

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Just like when gio came the players would get a wee bounce under a new manager, then once again when a bit of fight is required they'd all fucking hide and we'd all be wanting a new manager again 

Remember gerrard was a bawhair from being binned when the players pretty much chucked it under him

Covid saved gerrard, simple as.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Offered Gio outside in the dressing room apparently.

must be self protection when we get beat, and especially last night, but I just get drunk and pretend it didn't happen until the next day and then come on here and find like minded people who are hurting like I am.  Missed all of that.