Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

39 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Don't care. We were playing shite. Just because the scum were worse at the start of last season doesn't mean we weren't playing shite. Let's not rewrite history as some seem to be doing. 

No-one is rewriting history we had a substantial lead in front of celtic when he arrived whether we were playing well or not yet we now find ourselves miles behind them. This isn't all on Gio this is mainly on the board who have allowed us to get in to this mess again. As a club we are leaderless from top to bottom. 

Just now, Kylegib said:

No-one is rewriting history we had a substantial lead in front of celtic when he arrived whether we were playing well or not yet we now find ourselves miles behind them. This isn't all on Gio this is mainly on the board who have allowed us to get in to this mess again. As a club we are leaderless from top to bottom. 

4 points is not substantial :lol: 

37 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Also we never got a real doing off anyone when SG was the gaffer. Think 2 goal margin was the worst.

We have taken a fair few hidings under Gio. I accept the levels maybe up a bit with champs league, but the number and severity are way more than enough to get rid imo.

Be careful m8 mentioning that a lot of posters on here don't like Gerrard getting credit. 

2 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

Can you stop now?

6 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Of course he wants it, pretty much said so.in his first interview with QPR

B49F5658-C4EB-405B-8272-30761592336F.jpeg

While I like Beale, I think it is probably too soon for us to make him our manager, but who knows.

I think we will have to go for someone out of work because of the money to sack Gio and his backroom staff, if they ever get around to doing that.   :raging:

37 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not defending Gio in any way, but did he ever really have a chance with that injury list this season. 

Think that lists more than unlucky. We have sports scientists etc employed to help prevent these things, also signing injury prone players never helped

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You like most of us thought Gio should go before yesterday's result.... when the gap was 4 points. 😁

Substantial enough to sack a manager but not to be leading by?

I told you I think he should go due to the fact he’s seemingly lost the players and it’s affecting us now.

3 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

Was it not 7 yet with only about half the season to go it should've been substantial enough. 

It was 4

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

While I like Beale, I think it is probably too soon for us to make him our manager, but who knows.

I think we will have to go for someone out of work because of the money to sack Gio and his backroom staff, if they ever get around to doing that.   :raging:

The first and last paragraphs is what makes me think thats who we would go for. I don't think he turned down wolves due to his dedication to QPR.

I didn't want Gerrard and he got us 55, I think Beale in his own right will become an excellent manager.

I do agree though we need someone with experience so maybe just now isnt the right time.

39 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Don't care. We were playing shite. Just because the scum were worse at the start of last season doesn't mean we weren't playing shite. Let's not rewrite history as some seem to be doing. 

Gio took over a settled and successful side and found himself only having to compete with some fat Aussie doing a complete rebuild whose own fans were against him and his board.

You say we were playing shite well when was the last domestic game you really enjoyed under clueless gio.

We had the scum sussed before Gios arrival and now we are back to the days when we just got promoted and got horsed by those cunts on a regular basis.

I won’t forgive gerrard for fucking off the way he did but by fuck he gave us pride and a bit of fight and he wasn’t just an apologist for this fucking board.

Rewrite history! I wish I could erase our most recent history as the worst team in CL history.

2 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

The first and last paragraphs is what makes me think thats who we would go for. I don't think he turned down wolves due to his dedication to QPR.

I didn't want Gerrard and he got us 55, I think Beale in his own right will become an excellent manager.

I do agree though we need someone with experience so maybe just now isnt the right time.

I have been watching a number of the QPR games this season and he is doing fairly well, top 6, but nearly every time I watch them they draw or lose :pipe:

I agree we need somebody with more experience if we can afford that person and who it might be I really have no idea.

I hung my hat on Gio last time and have been bitten badly so will be wary of backing anyone the next time. :sad:

Said it yesterday, with the league all but done now the board will just hang Gio out to dry and let him take the supporters backlash hoping he walks eventually. The World Cup is coming at a perfect time for them, they'll hope things calm down a bit and Gio can see it out a bit longer.

Time to sack him was weeks ago when everybody could see this coming, now its a case of why bother spending a fortune to sack him as we'll finish 2nd place either way

4 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Gio took over a settled and successful side and found himself only having to compete with some fat Aussie doing a complete rebuild whose own fans were against him and his board.

You say we were playing shite well when was the last domestic game you really enjoyed under clueless gio.

We had the scum sussed before Gios arrival and now we are back to the days when we just got promoted and got horsed by those cunts on a regular basis.

I won’t forgive gerrard for fucking off the way he did but by fuck he gave us pride and a bit of fight and he wasn’t just an apologist for this fucking board.

Rewrite history! I wish I could erase our most recent history as the worst team in CL history.

Aberdeen last week:thumbsup::lol:

Just being a cunt here obviously!

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have been watching a number of the QPR games this season and he is doing fairly well, top 6, but nearly every time I watch them they draw or lose :pipe:

I agree we need somebody with more experience if we can afford that person and who it might be I really have no idea.

I hung my hat on Gio last time and have been bitten badly so will be wary of backing anyone the next time. :sad:

In the sun again today. There is only one person the boards going for if Geo is sacked

4A006F55-E46E-46C3-A0CA-ABC493599924.jpeg

A huge problem is that there are way too many Rangers who have been here too long already. We don’t have to list them; we all know who they are.

We need a new coach in before the World Cup with every player required to prove himself full stop. Don’t want to be here, hit the bricks. Can’t cut it in the freaking backwater SPL, here’s a bus ticket. I doubt they can rid themselves of everyone who should go, but this club needs an enema.

10 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

If it is true that we are retaining our management team due to the cost of paying them off being prohibitive then the blame with that situation lies with Ross Wilson.  

Gio was basically out of work as far as I remember.  Certainly not in a serious football managerial post and definitely not in any great demand.   Because of that, we should have got him on a fairly low managerial salary and on a rolling contract.  

Our fitness coach (no laughing please) is Arno Philips and surely can't be on any huge salary.

Assistant is Dave Vos who was an Ajax youth coach.  Again not on a huge football salary.

First team coach is Roy Makaay who was a Feyenoord youth and reserve team coach.  

All four of them were hardly top management catches on huge salaries which begs the question: how much are we paying them?

The sports psychologist chap, Ceri Bowley has either not started on our staff or failed miserably or has given up and is seeking therapy himself.   I know that I'm depressed watching us.

Ceri Bowley has been in position for a good number of weeks and I had hoped with his sports psychology stuff would make a difference, we seem even worse now than before. :confused:

17 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think if it was a complete ground up rebuild with none of the current board then Beale would be the guy. By the time that comes for us he will be at a top EPL job. Should've been given to opportunity to continue the work he started.

Need to move on now.

League has gone. Europe is over. And it's only the beginning of November.

Squad don't look as fit as last season. The fight we showed last season has gone. Clear to me that the squad don't buy into his tactics.

If the board are actively seeking a new manager but won't say anything until they are ready to announce then I might cut them some slack but rot starts at the top when any business goes into decline.

Some people are just not cut out to be good mangers and Gio is one of them.

15 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

If it is true that we are retaining our management team due to the cost of paying them off being prohibitive then the blame with that situation lies with Ross Wilson.  

Gio was basically out of work as far as I remember.  Certainly not in a serious football managerial post and definitely not in any great demand.   Because of that, we should have got him on a fairly low managerial salary and on a rolling contract.  

Our fitness coach (no laughing please) is Arno Philips and surely can't be on any huge salary.

Assistant is Dave Vos who was an Ajax youth coach.  Again not on a huge football salary.

First team coach is Roy Makaay who was a Feyenoord youth and reserve team coach.  

All four of them were hardly top management catches on huge salaries which begs the question: how much are we paying them?

The sports psychologist chap, Ceri Bowley has either not started on our staff or failed miserably or has given up and is seeking therapy himself.   I know that I'm depressed watching us.

Perhaps we could all club together to get a better rate for fans therapy?

Read earlier at work on here he was gone now it appears not. 

Nevermind surely we will beat hearts this week....or not.