Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

Tried and tested who won things are hard to get especially to a club in this backwater country, the scum didn't appoint a big name,( tbh I'd never heard of him) , I honestly don't know the answer to who would suit us but I'd be disappointed if it was Beale as he's still cutting his teeth at QPR and it's not going great, we could pick someone in Scotland who knows the game and it could work well, we just don't know, whoever it is we will just need to give them time to get used to the players and then sort his own team out.

5 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Releasing a statement through your lawyer, good move.....

Why is he saying "based on" speculation and falsehood instead ot saying "it is" speculation and falsehood?

Sounds like pish.

Glen Kamara is a classy player(when he tries) but a classless individual.

44 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Their opportunity to run out of sight ended years ago. Football doesn’t work that way.

We have never gave them a clean path into the CL group stages ever never mind 2 years on the bounce. With the amount of cash it makes a club its only a matter of time till they pass all our records. This shower of charlatan bastards are letting it happen.

8 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Why is he saying "based on" speculation and falsehood instead ot saying "it is" speculation and falsehood?

Sounds like pish.

Glen Kamara is a classy player(when he tries) but a classless individual.

Its fuckin ridiculous this is even a story in the media.

5 hours ago, Big Al 55 said:

Poor recruitment is as much to do with GVB as Wilson, they should both be gone.

Dyou reckon GVB identified a list of targets for Wilson to go after?

I suspect Wilson has a database and those that we got were the best on his list that were available and affordable.

i might be wrong but I can’t see GVB going to the board and asking for cash to buy Matondo or Yilmaz. Nor would he be aware of Lawrence.

Now, most of the signings may well be dreadful but maybe the alternatives on offer were even worse.

9 minutes ago, beararse said:

Dyou reckon GVB identified a list of targets for Wilson to go after?

I suspect Wilson has a database and those that we got were the best on his list that were available and affordable.

i might be wrong but I can’t see GVB going to the board and asking for cash to buy Matondo or Yilmaz. Nor would he be aware of Lawrence.

Now, most of the signings may well be dreadful but maybe the alternatives on offer were even worse.

No chance they were Gio’s signings or type of player imo got the workings of Wilson all over it our scouting network is piss poor tbh 

7 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Based on??

Talks about himself constantly and despite being in a job with QPR he never quits talking about us. He came up to watch the game against Aberdeen when Gio was under pressure already and he sat in the Louden beforehand, no doubt so he could have fans tell him how brilliant he is and ask if he would take the job. 

He’s a complete egomaniac 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Talks about himself constantly and despite being in a job with QPR he never quits talking about us. He came up to watch the game against Aberdeen when Gio was under pressure already and he sat in the Louden beforehand, no doubt so he could have fans tell him how brilliant he was and ask if he would take the job. 

Yeah, he's definitely got an ego, but he's certainly not alone in that on the football front. Gerrard was the same, as was Pedro, as was Warburton, Le Guen, Souness etc etc

Our only humble Manager was Uncle Walter.

That's why we loved him so much.

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Talks about himself constantly and despite being in a job with QPR he never quits talking about us. He came up to watch the game against Aberdeen when Gio was under pressure already and he sat in the Louden beforehand, no doubt so he could have fans tell him how brilliant he is and ask if he would take the job. 

There's many fans that hold him in high regard and credit him for 55 so I doubt he'd have been short of fans in the Louden praising him.

5 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

I remember thinking we were going to be signing all these young Dutch lads with free flowing pass and move football :megaanguish:

I’m starting a gofundme to launch Ross Wilson into the moon.

We might have asked and they said no thanks. Scotland would be a step down in league quality for a Dutch player. They'd rather go to Germany, France, Italy or Spain.