*****The Official Braga vs Rangers Thread*****

20 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Just like our goal on Sunday, exactly how we should be playing.

Yup, said it for years now, even with morelos up front, throwing cross after cross into the box to him against usually 2 or 3 defenders barely works, 

When malmo went a man down they simply sacrificed the wide areas knowing full well if they secured the central part, we'd just lump crosses in for the rest of the game, every team set up to do that against us pre gio, and they are still doing it because its deep-rooted into our team to get it wide and throw crosses in, apparently we put 42 crosses into the box on sunday, what a shambles 🤣

11 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Paper tiger of a team isn't it .. you know there is nothing rots a club quicker than if the team just don't don't care as much as the fans :ang:

Totally fed up with the same players raising their game in Europe but can’t be arsed to defend our title, think this remit of 55 and stopping 10 was drummed into them so much that some genuinely think their job here is done. 

26 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

McGregor 

Tav 

Goldson 

Helander 

Bassey 

Jack 

Lundstram 

Kamara 

Lowry 

Kent 

3-5-1-1 Lowry in behind Kent 

Hard enough with 11 on the park mate  starting with 10?

6 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Totally fed up with the same players raising their game in Europe but can’t be arsed to defend our title, think this remit of 55 and stopping 10 was drummed into them so much that some genuinely think their job here is done. 

Thursday will be interesting do the team struggle to get up for it because of effectively throwing away the league a few days before or will it be almost as if that never happened and another out of the top drawer European performance is forthcoming?

8 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

This.

4 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Thursday will be interesting do the team struggle to get up for it because of effectively throwing away the league a few days before or will it be almost as if that never happened and another out of the top drawer European performance is forthcoming?

History suggests it’ll probably be the latter which makes our league form even more annoying 

Still to recover from Sunday but hopefully come game time I will recover some battle fever. Noted that Braga beat Benfica last weekend so they are no pushovers.

Was going to say that I would take a draw but given the spanking they gave us at Ibrox (until Hagi and Aribo rocked their boat) I am not sure that will be good enough.

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

History suggests it’ll probably be the latter which makes our league form even more annoying 

You would have thought so but perhaps this time will be different ... perhaps we will finally find out if our poor domestic form has been about complacency or if the European football is all that really matters to them? 

33 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yup, said it for years now, even with morelos up front, throwing cross after cross into the box to him against usually 2 or 3 defenders barely works, 

When malmo went a man down they simply sacrificed the wide areas knowing full well if they secured the central part, we'd just lump crosses in for the rest of the game, every team set up to do that against us pre gio, and they are still doing it because its deep-rooted into our team to get it wide and throw crosses in, apparently we put 42 crosses into the box on sunday, what a shambles 🤣

:ang:

With our current form and no Morelos it's a hard choice.

The back five will be the same so I'd go with this in a 4-1-3-2

McGregor

Tavernier, Goldson, Balogun, Bassey

Kamara

Lundstram Davis, Jack

Sakala, Kent

I wouldn't start any of these Aribo (too lazy), Ramsay (not fit enough),  Helander (too slow and been out too long), Roofe (too slow).

Actually if the starting eleven was correct our bench would be:

Ramsay, Helander, Aribo, Roofe, Barisic, Sands, Wright, Arfield, Diallo, Lowry etc.   Not exactly full of impact players.

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Balogun Bassey

Lundstram  Jack

Kamara

Diallo        Sakala        Kent

I don't get why he starts Diallo at Ross County he scores after 4mins n then hooked at half time at Parkhead! N hardly seen since! Thought he was good enough to start at Parkhead but now never again! Weird

Wouldn't be shocked if we got a result, I may be wrong but the players seem to care more about Europe or at least lift themselves up for it a bit more than domestic action, probably a mix of being more in the shop window and less pressure on a group of shitebags. Flying out tomorrow, was buzzing for it but after Sunday a total feeling of meh tbh. Just hope McGregor and Aribo are no where near the team, personally would give McLaughlin the rest of the remaining games to see if we fancy him for first choice next season.

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic

Jack Lundstram Kamara

Arfield Roofe Kent

Tough away game in Europe, I'd go back to similar tactics that Gerrard would employ. We need defensive solidity, so it feels only right to have those 3 screening the CBs. 

The obvious issue is no Morelos, but there is no alternative to Roofe. Hopefully their CBs aren't as physical and he can do a better job at holding the ball up than he did vs Carter-Vickers.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

I like the guy that witnessed a man carrying 4 cans of 4 loko in past the police without being stopped. 

Someone else couldn’t get to the toilet because some hooligan was standing taking lines off a credit card in the cubical and when he went back into the concourse a man was necking buckfast in front of stewards. 

it was chaos 

My favourite was the guy who was ripping out seats in the Sandy Jardine stand and running at the away end throwing them at the filth whilst the police and stewards did nothing

2 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Wouldn't be shocked if we got a result, I may be wrong but the players seem to care more about Europe or at least lift themselves up for it a bit more than domestic action, probably a mix of being more in the shop window and less pressure on a group of shitebags. Flying out tomorrow, was buzzing for it but after Sunday a total feeling of meh tbh. Just hope McGregor and Aribo are no where near the team, personally would give McLaughlin the rest of the remaining games to see if we fancy him for first choice next season.

I can understand to an extent that it’s more appealing to travel to Germany to play dortmund than it is to travel to Dingwall to play Ross county, but surely as a player you are motivated to win leading to winning cups and leagues. Maybe if they do well we can get them sold and get funds to get players in who care in both scenarios.

You and the other bears heading out there  deserve a performance and a result especially after Sunday.

37 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

With our current form and no Morelos it's a hard choice.

The back five will be the same so I'd go with this in a 4-1-3-2

McGregor

Tavernier, Goldson, Balogun, Bassey

Kamara

Lundstram Davis, Jack

Sakala, Kent

I wouldn't start any of these Aribo (too lazy), Ramsay (not fit enough),  Helander (too slow and been out too long), Roofe (too slow).

Actually if the starting eleven was correct our bench would be:

Ramsay, Helander, Aribo, Roofe, Barisic, Sands, Wright, Arfield, Diallo, Lowry etc.   Not exactly full of impact players.

I think I’d break into tears if that was our lineup.