*****The Official Rangers vs Braga Thread*****

5 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

They probably will score unless they completely bottle it. If they do score, especially if they score first, we need the crowd to keep behind the team.  An inept showing from the stands similar to last Sunday after they drew level and we are up shit creek. 

Start of the game the place will be bouncing but If they score first the atmosphere will go flat exactly like the tarriers game only when/if we take the lead again will it pick up. Hopefully we get an early goal and hold onto the lead for more than 10 minutes then it could be a really uncomfortable night for Braga 

21 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Not in the same way as it is going into a 2nd leg behind against a very good team. 

There's pressure in every game, when it comes to season defining pressure they usually tend to bottle it. 

Or have you forgotten last Sunday?.

Apart from last season right?

I've not forgotten last Sunday. Sometimes teams beat you cause they have better players and are better coach. Crazy eh?

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Start of the game the place will be bouncing but If they score first the atmosphere will go flat exactly like the tarriers game only when/if we take the lead again will it pick up. Hopefully we get an early goal and hold onto the lead for more than 10 minutes then it could be a really uncomfortable night for Braga 

I get the argument when people say aye the fans need to back the players

There has to be a bit from both sides though! Even today, after Roofe's goal that was about 40 minutes of utter shite football, even the away crowds atmosphere died

Go out and get a few tackles in, actually create a few chances and even without a goal, they'll get a good atmosphere

This whole sideways play just kills any momentum both the crowd & players have

McGregor

Balogun Goldson Bassey

Tav Kamara Jack Barisic

Ramsey

Roofe Kent 

Think we looked better when Lundstram dropped in to make it a back 3 and push our full backs out to theirs.

Unfortunately looks dog shit without Lundstram 🤣🤣

McGregor

Tav Goldson Bassey Barisic 

Jack Kamara

Aribo Ramsey Kent

Roofe

Any result that takes us through, play up the Glasgow Rangers 🇬🇧

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Apart from last season right?

I've not forgotten last Sunday. Sometimes teams beat you cause they have better players and are better coach. Crazy eh?

Last season ended 11 months ago and why only last season? Why not this season, 2 seasons ago or 3 seasons ago? 

Free ride at the treble last year and bottled it, if you remember right. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Last season ended 11 months ago and why only last season? Why not this season, 2 seasons ago or 3 seasons ago? 

Free ride at the treble last year and bottled it, if you remember right. 

I do. I also look at last season as a success though. Stopped the ten which would have crippled us. Had another very decent European journey. Unbeaten in a league campaign breaking records. Disappointing domestic cup showing but if you take all that and simply class it as "bottlers" then you'll never be happy. 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

I do. I also look at last season as a success though. Stopped the ten which would have crippled us. Had another very decent European journey. Unbeaten in a league campaign breaking records. Disappointing domestic cup showing but if you take all that and simply class it as "bottlers" then you'll never be happy. 

Whether last season was a success or not wasn't the discussion. The league was effectively done by new year because the Tarriers crumbled from October onwards. The last 3 out of 4 seasons have proven they can't handle the pressure of a title challenge or winning cups domestically. 

Nothing to suggest at all they can cope or overcome the expectations of Thursday and then Sunday. 

10 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Whether last season was a success or not wasn't the discussion. The league was effectively done by new year because the Tarriers crumbled from October onwards. The last 3 out of 4 seasons have proven they can't handle the pressure of a title challenge or winning cups domestically. 

Nothing to suggest at all they can cope or overcome the expectations of Thursday and then Sunday. 

Canny even be arsed going back and fourth. I would rather we had cunts going to Ibrox with a bit of battle fever ready to help carry the team and make some noise.

Instead we have you 

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Canny even be arsed going back and fourth. I would rather we had cunts going to Ibrox with a bit of battle fever ready to help carry the team and make some noise.

Instead we have you 

The fans rising to the occasion won't be the issue on Thursday. 

Any team that excludes Aribo is fine by me.

@ayro’s first team up above is the way to go.

Press Tav and Barisic forward which worked so well last season, get Kent in off the wing and let him loose.

And I would honestly have Scott Wright ahead of Sakala as spare forward.

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The fans rising to the occasion won't be the issue on Thursday. 

The league is pretty much done, but what a game to have to look fwd to to get into a semi final of the EL.

You can do my shift at work if you want and I'll happily watch the game mate :thumbup:

41 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I get the argument when people say aye the fans need to back the players

There has to be a bit from both sides though! Even today, after Roofe's goal that was about 40 minutes of utter shite football, even the away crowds atmosphere died

Go out and get a few tackles in, actually create a few chances and even without a goal, they'll get a good atmosphere

This whole sideways play just kills any momentum both the crowd & players have

Think the changes, enforced or otherwise, helped clear up some of the sideways shit.

From a wee cameo, King has a good appreciation of ball speed, which his ‘betters’ lack, but meant there’s a crispness about even simple passes.

And then he played the peach, enabling Wright to set up Aribo!

I think Lundstram’s been overhyped, possibly as best of a bad lot, but we didn’t miss him one bit.

Bassey tries hard & has qualities (mainly around effort, but some better bits), but Borna showed what an international left back looks like (I know he has his frailties, too, but it worked today).

Just showed we have got a bit more about us than we (and the manager) sometimes think.

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Press Tav and Barisic forward which worked so well last season, get Kent in off the wing and let him loose.

Aribo is a tough one. I get he's been playing poorly but his goal today and that wee spark he has can be vital. On the fence. Spot on with the rest. The game hinges on our fullbacks playing high and pegging them back but also can't rely on just thumping it into the box. I'm not a fan of Wright but I think we need someone opposite of Kent running at them and Wright might just be the answer.

3 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

The league is pretty much done, but what a game to have to look fwd to to get into a semi final of the EL.

You can do my shift at work if you want and I'll happily watch the game mate :thumbup:

You don't deserve to watch it if you're no willing to save holidays for it tbh 

6 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Aribo should have played up top with Roofe last week and hung around for just such an opportunity as he got today.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Aribo is a tough one. I get he's been playing poorly but his goal today and that wee spark he has can be vital. On the fence. Spot on with the rest. The game hinges on our fullbacks playing high and pegging them back but also can't rely on just thumping it into the box. I'm not a fan of Wright but I think we need someone opposite of Kent running at them and Wright might just be the answer.

If the players can't get up for a game like this then they should be given their jotters. They'll never achieve a SF in Europe again in their careers I doubt. 

15 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Think the changes, enforced or otherwise, helped clear up some of the sideways shit.

From a wee cameo, King has a good appreciation of ball speed, which his ‘betters’ lack, but meant there’s a crispness about even simple passes.

And then he played the peach, enabling Wright to set up Aribo!

I think Lundstram’s been overhyped, possibly as best of a bad lot, but we didn’t miss him one bit.

Bassey tries hard & has qualities (mainly around effort, but some better bits), but Borna showed what an international left back looks like (I know he has his frailties, too, but it worked today).

Just showed we have got a bit more about us than we (and the manager) sometimes think.

Agreed that the changes did help freshen us up a bit, its just whether you trust them in a massive 2 games and personally I dont, Borna especially.

I'd still have Bassey and Balogun in, if Balogun cant make it for some reason then id rather throw King in for a baptism of fire rather than Borna at LB and Bassey CB. 

He did alright today against St Mirren but he was rarely tested defensively and tbh he's got the heart of a mouse.

I agree that Gio needs to use the squad more but think Thursday more or less picks itself, probably just the RW slot whether you stick with Sakala or move Aribo out there and have Jack Lundstrum & Ramsey in midfield

Oh and to add, if Lundstrum doesnt make it i'd be more than happy with Davis, thought he was brilliant today

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Agreed that the changes did help freshen us up a bit, its just whether you trust them in a massive 2 games and personally I dont, Borna especially.

I'd still have Bassey and Balogun in, if Balogun cant make it for some reason then id rather throw King in for a baptism of fire rather than Borna at LB and Bassey CB. 

He did alright today against St Mirren but he was rarely tested defensively and tbh he's got the heart of a mouse.

I agree that Gio needs to use the squad more but think Thursday more or less picks itself, probably just the RW slot whether you stick with Sakala or move Aribo out there and have Jack Lundstrum & Ramsey in midfield

I'd tend to agree and Borna in my eyes is a bit of a shite bag but even when he came on away to Braga he immediately took up advanced positions on the left which got us up the field. It's a tough one.

42 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Obviously the league was the main thing & I was chuffed to bits with the unbeaten record (old as I am, I don’t remember the last time).

Going unbeaten won’t have been as easy as it looked & I’m sure (bearing in mind we use the same players all the time) that pushing on through the last 7 or 8 games to preserve the record took more of a toll than was immediately apparent.

Just need to look at the number of regulars who’ve been unavailable for a significant number of games this term, to suggest the main men have been wrung out, and it’s small wonder performance levels & results have dropped off.