***** The Official Motherwell v Champions (Opposition) Match Thread *****

1 minute ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Tav upfront. Bassey RB. Barisic LB and Balogun/Goldson cb. Why not 🤣

If we still had Patterson, I would honestly say Tav up front in Leipzig would be the best option, assuming Sakala can't travel to Germany because he is unvaccinated. 

How anyone can say we have been "unlucky" with injuries! GVB has made an absolute arse of it.

Got rid of Defoe when he was more than capable to step in for cup games and coming on at 60mins or even starting the odd League game here and there.

Then he plays Morelos 90mins every single game n fucks him, that eaves himwith an injury prone striker that he seemed to have zero trust in but now relys on him game after game. It was inevitable that this would happen.

Never thought I would want rid of a manager soo much that got us to a semi final in Europe.

This season woulda been soo much better if he had used his squad properly. 

2 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

How anyone can say we have been "unlucky" with injuries! GVB has made an absolute arse of it.

Got rid of Defoe when he was more than capable to step in for cup games and coming on at 60mins or even starting the odd League game here and there.

Then he plays Morelos 90mins every single game n fucks him, that eaves himwith an injury prone striker that he seemed to have zero trust in but now relys on him game after game. It was inevitable that this would happen.

Never thought I would want rid of a manager soo much that got us to a semi final in Europe.

I largely agree but Defoe admitted himself that he'd pretty much chucked it this season and the fact he's now retired adds weight to that. 

7 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

What a nonsense post.
The same Defoe who chucked it a few weeks after signing for Sunderland.

2 minutes ago, Mojo84 said:

I largely agree but Defoe admitted himself that he'd pretty much chucked it this season and the fact he's now retired adds weight to that. 

This a better option than Itten at home to various teams. Only needs to be in the right place in the box when cross after cross are coming in.

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

What a nonsense post.
The same Defoe who chucked it a few weeks after signing for Sunderland.

Aye because he had been sitting on his arse since August as a "coach" also getting rid has had a huge impact on guys like Aribo Kamara, it's not a coincidence there form has dipped massively since January 

3 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Aye because he had been sitting on his arse since August as a "coach" also getting rid has had a huge impact on guys like Aribo Kamara, it's not a coincidence there form has dipped massively since January 

So we should’ve wasted money on him as a pal for players?

Gutting having Roofe out, will be interesting to see how Gio deals with this. Could see someone like Arfield or Aribo play through the middle. Or end up like Liverpool with 3 winger types up top. 

Ramsey out also gives Lowry an opportunity for game time even if off the bench. 

46 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Pish. 

47 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

😆 stupid post

1 hour ago, Nk89 said:

Defoe just decided to retire