***** The Official Motherwell v Champions (Opposition) Match Thread *****

For some strange reason, Itten has a good scoring record against Motherwell so I would have him on the bench at least.

Certain players need to be protected such as Jack, Roofe, Lundstram and Bassey. Really would like to rest Kent too but we have no-one else to offer width. Would definitely give Zukowski a run out later and give Tav a break if we’re ahead. Aribo deserves to be dropped but, again, we have limited alternatives.

So you're probably looking at:

McGregor/McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic 

Davis Kamara

Aribo Arfield Kent

Sakala

41 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Strange that since Sunday I have gained some minor belief that we could still win the title :lol:

For me this weekend is massive. If rhey drop points at Dingwall then our trip to the midden takes on real significance. We need to win all 5 games and see how they handle the pressure. If they win this weelend then it is probably all over even if we beat them. They would have 2 home games out their last 3 so unlikely to drop points in 2 games as would be required. 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Strange that since Sunday I have gained some minor belief that we could still win the title :lol:

55 minutes ago, Brubear said:

For me this weekend is massive. If rhey drop points at Dingwall then our trip to the midden takes on real significance. We need to win all 5 games and see how they handle the pressure. If they win this weelend then it is probably all over even if we beat them. They would have 2 home games out their last 3 so unlikely to drop points in 2 games as would be required. 

Its a big IF, but just say they lost their next game. Away to Ross County. It's still not in our hands at that point with the goal difference. But we win the OF game and its level on points. Puts the pressure on them, who knows what could happen. Helicopter Sunday we were dead and buried and we done it. It's still possible. 

1 hour ago, Vanoli said:

Strongest XI available. Can’t be going to Germany with our key players having not played in 11 days, we have a shocking record whenever we take long breaks. 

I actually think Sunday - Thursday - Sundays usually work better for us, with this team and historically. 

Make a cunt of every winter break, and even when the SPL moved a game to give us time to prep for Lyon years ago we then got scudded 0-3. 

still a possibility to win the league but i think we've arsed it. would need something crazy to happen now.

that said, still expecting us to win and i also expect us to make those cunts in the dark side fucking work for it. we might not win the league but put pressure on them by winning on saturday and then give them a doing at their dump.