***** The Official Motherwell v Champions (Opposition) Match Thread *****

2 hours ago, Nk89 said:

Aye because he had been sitting on his arse since August as a "coach" also getting rid has had a huge impact on guys like Aribo Kamara, it's not a coincidence there form has dipped massively since January 

That's up there with the daftest things I've read on here. 

2 hours ago, Nk89 said:

Aye because he had been sitting on his arse since August as a "coach" also getting rid has had a huge impact on guys like Aribo Kamara, it's not a coincidence there form has dipped massively since January 

Kamara's been fucking pish all season, so that blows that theory oot the water 

2 hours ago, Nk89 said:

How anyone can say we have been "unlucky" with injuries! GVB has made an absolute arse of it.

Got rid of Defoe when he was more than capable to step in for cup games and coming on at 60mins or even starting the odd League game here and there.

Then he plays Morelos 90mins every single game n fucks him, that eaves himwith an injury prone striker that he seemed to have zero trust in but now relys on him game after game. It was inevitable that this would happen.

Never thought I would want rid of a manager soo much that got us to a semi final in Europe.

This season woulda been soo much better if he had used his squad properly. 

2DF52CEE-6C43-4CE5-953E-A2107131D777.jpeg

3 hours ago, Nk89 said:

How anyone can say we have been "unlucky" with injuries! GVB has made an absolute arse of it.

Got rid of Defoe when he was more than capable to step in for cup games and coming on at 60mins or even starting the odd League game here and there.

Then he plays Morelos 90mins every single game n fucks him, that eaves himwith an injury prone striker that he seemed to have zero trust in but now relys on him game after game. It was inevitable that this would happen.

Never thought I would want rid of a manager soo much that got us to a semi final in Europe.

This season woulda been soo much better if he had used his squad properly. 

2 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

McGregor 

Tavernier Goldson Bassey Barisic

Arfield  Davis Lundstram

Kent FashionJr Aribo

We're so low on options this is the only lineup I can envisage.

I would be open to Lowry in there instead of Aribo given how off form Joe has been but can't see Gio doing that.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I wish people would stop suggesting letting Defoe go was a mistake. The guy was finished and clearly showed that in his few appearances at Sunderland.

Should have kept Waghorn in hindsight.

8 minutes ago, LeoRFC72 said:

Terrible luck/run of injuries just now

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Bassey Barisic

Davis Kamara

Aribo Lowry Kent

Sakala

I agree. Resting Jack & Lundstram for Thursday is crucial.

Especially when we set up for a 0-0 draw in Germany.

We should be using this game to fine tune the team for Thursday imo. Trying to think positive despite our injury woes. 

Obviously heavily reiant on Sakala. Had a hatrick last time we played them didn't he?

Let's see how he does in his preffered position. He certainly puts the effort in. Opportunity to shine. 

Beat Motherwell and draw or better on Thursday and I will be a very happy chap. :UK: