Proud

.Williamson.

2 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Sands and Arfield subs caused us more disruption imo.

Get your point but Aribo was holding the ball better than anyone else.

As for the other subs, sometimes you’re better leaving a tired player on rather than fresh legs that disrupt the shape 

53 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Gio in his last few games has started to win me around again in terms of his management. 

His subs in the SC semi were mostly good, his set up last weekend after going a man down to go on and win the game was good and last night I thought defensively he set us up brilliantly. His only mistake was moving Aribo back out of a position in the second half that he was performing quite well in. 

Definitely more optimistic about his management lately though 

This, Gio definitely impressed me last night! 

I think we might just do after 120 or pens!!

1 hour ago, JackAlex93 said:

Totally agree with being proud of the players after last night. The tie for me is still very much open and that's all we asked for, just give us a chance to take them on at Ibrox. I think they'll be spooked if we start fast next week with the stadium bouncing. The fans have been a huge factor in us having a formidable home record. If we get the first goal I think we'll do it.

Just imagine the noise if we get an early goal 

7 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Gio is stamping his authority all over the team now,   Would have took that score before the game and delighted with their organisation yesterday.

Lets see how RB handle Ibrox now.  

They'll crumble when they walk out the tunnel, 90 minutes of noise and if get an early goal it'll be game over for them

Felt exactly the same last night and still do now.

On paper they should have mauled us but didn’t. All I ever ask a Rangers XI to do is give their all and I saw the effort last night from most.

Gio said he had a game plan and that’s what we saw last night, nullify and frustrate and it nearly paid off but for an exceptional goal.

His plan will have been to keep a clean sheet or at least only lose by a goal and then go for them from the get go at a rocking Ibrox just as we did against braga and should have been 2 up in the first 10 mins but tor a stupid rule.

It’s odd to feel as confident as I do with Alfie out, Roofe potentially out, no Ramsey and a squad that has been hit and miss all season domestically but there’s just something about European nights at Ibrox that gives me a belief we will fight until the last next week and give them a match…..and hopefully win 2-0 and on to the final

Was a bit gutted at full time then I remembered I was gutted cause we'd failed to keep it goalless away to a top German side in a European semi final, such is the expectation level with us now due to what we've achieved. Pleasing to see folk recognise that and rightly be proud of our club.

4 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Gio is stamping his authority all over the team now,   Would have took that score before the game and delighted with their organisation yesterday.

Lets see how RB handle Ibrox now.  

Tactics and organisation was spot on, Walter would have been happy with that.

We'll set up to be far more aggressive and on the front foot at Ibrox, the ties far from over.

Same. Frustrated at a couple of players, but the majority put a real shift in against a team with enormous spending power compared with us.

Felt McGregor (again) could have been better in a couple of instances, while Sakala and Wright were just howling.

Gio got 99% correct, apart from Wright and then moving Aribo back wide. 

I thought that was the best we played out of possession all year. We were poor in possession, especially in the first half.

The goal still infuriates me despite a decent scoreline in the end.

There is no point making Dortmund, and Braga comparisons, they are irrelevant to this game.

I'm hoping Ramsey is fit. He is the key when chasing a goal. 

Kamara did his job last night like everyone else but he is not needed in this game. Ramsey for Kamara.

I can’t fault anyone last night. You can criticise the performance of someone like Scott Wright but he’s simply not good enough to play at the level of a European semi final. He can’t help that. 

Everyone gave their absolute all, worked their socks off and played for each other. It took a wonder goal to beat us and we go back very much in the tie. 

I’ll never be angry with a team that gives their very best. Looking forward to next week and we’ve given ourselves a very good platform. 

I thought we were decent last night. It was obviously a game plan to be compact and be hard to score against. Issues are that Wright was very poor but not sure what we were expecting playing him centre forward. We looked at our most vulnerable when we committed players forward and they counter attacked. 

We need to score so he has a decision to make on whether to keep it tight or be more open and susceptible to conceding.

ideally roofe back as we've played to his strengths before he was injured. 

All I will say is that we need to be patient and accept the way he sets the team up. I think he'll go defensive and see what we can squeeze out of the game.

8 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Moving Aribo out to accommodate Sakala was the only thing Gio got wrong.

We actually posed a threat with Aribo as a focal point but lost that with the switch although Sakala, as ever, worked hard.

They are no better than the last three we’ve beaten so I remain confident especially if Tav gets his usual early goal.

Absolutely need to get Roofe back though.

Not bringing on Davis and going with Arfield was a mistake.

16 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Not bringing on Davis and going with Arfield was a mistake.

I disagreed with the substitutions because they were not needed. They were made for the sake of it. And arguably, we took off our two best players. However, Arfield and Sands were not the reason for conceding.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I disagreed with the substitutions because they were not needed. They were made for the sake of it. And arguably, we took off our two best players. However, Arfield and Sands were not the reason for conceding.

I beg to differ, Arfield and Sands brought nothing to the game, Sands has brought nothing to the team since his arrival, Arfield ducked out of the strike for the winner.

3 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

I beg to differ, Arfield and Sands brought nothing to the game, Sands has brought nothing to the team since his arrival, Arfield ducked out of the strike for the winner.

Sometimes you just have to put your hands up to a wonderful strike mate. We seem to find fault in every goal conceded. That's not always the case.