Stephen Kelly

AdzKyle

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Don't have particularly strong feelings on this but I don't think Charlie McCann looks like he's a level above Stephen Kelly yet everyone seems to want him to get a chance.

Charlie McCann is 2 years younger

8 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Charlie McCann is 2 years younger

True, and I was initially going to acknowledge that in the post.

Don't think the age disparity is too big for it not to be a fair comparison though. Both still playing u21 international football.

I quite like both players btw so not digging either out.

True, and I was initially going to acknowledge that in the post.

Don't think the age disparity is too big for it not to be a fair comparison though. Both still playing u21 international football.

I quite like both players btw so not digging either out.

I dont realy have an opinion on McCann but at 22 Kelly needs to have done it at a higher level than he has for me

7 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I dont realy have an opinion on McCann but at 22 Kelly needs to have done it at a higher level than he has for me

Maybe, all his loans seemingly very successful though so it's not like he's gone out and toiled like others have (McPake, Kennedy).

Maybe, all his loans seemingly very successful though so it's not like he's gone out and toiled like others have (McPake, Kennedy).

From what I seen Ross County fans didnt rate him that much but John Hughes raved about him so fuck knows

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Stephen Kelly is a very good player who has never really been given a chance. I get the feeling he will fall just a bit short of ever playing first-team football at Rangers.

He was one of the better players last summer in pre-season.

What are you basing the 'very good player' on? A good performance in a pre season friendly?

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

What are you basing the 'very good player' on? A good performance in a pre season friendly?

More like 3 or 4 pre-season friendlies last summer.

Also, he played just about every minute for Salford pushing them up the table before just missing out on the playoffs.

I did say I think he falls just short of a Rangers career. But once he gets over the disappointment, he will have a decent career. Better than Docherty & McCrorie imo if we are comparing that level.

You can still be a decent player and fall short at Rangers.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Stephen Kelly is a very good player who has never really been given a chance. I get the feeling he will fall just a bit short of ever playing first-team football at Rangers.

He was one of the better players last summer in pre-season.

He's a good player and you always hear he has a tremendous attitude to training.

We always want youngsters to come through but comments on here always criticise at an early age. Anything I've seen from him has been positive and hope he gets a chance. 

22 is still a young immature age and players mature later than others. If he's showing potential then best keep him and let him get experience.