Souttar

GOAT

14 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Goldson plays every game. He's hardly missed a game since he joined. RCB is not up for grabs.

He was only signed as everyone was expecting Goldson to leave. Now that's no longer the case he's surplus to requirements.

I mean, that would be mental to just have 1 player for every position. He had a bad game and won’t be a starter. 

But he’s certainly not surplus to requirements. :lol: 

8 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Souttar should have no issues playing on that pitch as he would have with hearts several times. 

Exactly. Early days but I’m assuming Soutter ends up as back up only. 

15 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Calvin Bassey had a worse game away to St Mirren and is a £20M player. And he was also written off on here funnily enough. 
Before anyone starts, i’m not saying they are comparable but the reaction to their performances certainly is. 

Bassey was a young guy with no experience, Souttar knows this league and is 25.

You can't compare that, come on.

4 minutes ago, WWTC said:

No, the Spurs game. But even today, if thats up there with one of the worst performances people have seen then fuck knows who people have been watching for the last 10 years. 

Not really. You can't compare him to what we witnessed from 2012-2018 but in the context of us being title challengers (pre-2012 and 2018-onwards) it was one of the worst debuts we've seen. 

14 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I mean, that would be mental to just have 1 player for every position. He had a bad game and won’t be a starter. 

But he’s certainly not surplus to requirements. :lol: 

But we don't have just one player for RCB. We have King, Katic and Sands who can all play there. And critically they can all play LCB better than Souttar as well.

2 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

Thank fuck he was free judging by today but I’m hoping and confident he’ll improve. 

Can't get much worse. Today was Jack Simpson levels of shit.

14 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Bassey was a young guy with no experience, Souttar knows this league and is 25.

You can't compare that, come on.

I clearly stated i’m not comparing the players, I’m comparing the reaction. 

His positioning was really poor and physically wasn't up to it. Hate to judge a player on one game and it's never easy to play on the opposite side of the defense, but it looks like he is already a player for early rounds of the cup and cover for injuries. Think Sands will start on Tuesday and as soon as Davies is ready he will be the starter on the left 

15 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Not really. You can't compare him to what we witnessed from 2012-2018 but in the context of us being title challengers (pre-2012 and 2018-onwards) it was one of the worst debuts we've seen. 

We’re now quite some way off the original statement though arent we. 

Ok, i’ll give you that from 2018 until now its one of the worst debuts you’ve seen. Any further movement of the goal posts required?

In my view there shouldn't be a great deal of distinction needed between LCB and RCB. The attackers coming at you aren't only going to try and get by you down one side, unlike wingers and therefore LB and RB aren't interchangeable, but a CB should be able to play either central position in a back 4.

I hope it was just debut nerves, coupled with that pitch, but he has played on it before so should know what to expect, and he should be accustomed to dealing with a big powerful striker IMO.

4 minutes ago, WWTC said:

We’re now quite some way off the original statement though arent we. 

Ok, i’ll give you that from 2018 until now its one of the worst debuts you’ve seen. Any further movement of the goal posts required?

My original statement was that it was up there with the worst I've ever seen. 

What goal posts were moved in your head? 

This whole left sided centre half position excuse doesn’t wash.  He’s a defender his first job is to fucking defend.  Hes failed that so far.  He would have been bullied for their goal no matter what side of the 18 yard box he was on.