Souttar

GOAT

4 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Souttar and McLaughlan both deserve criticism for their goal, but if Borna pushes up and cuts out the flick on, the goal doesn't happen. 

Exactly, to stand where he was(miles from his only marker) looking at the player win the ball and not challenge is ridiculous ,  he’s just not a good defender

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

Exactly, to stand where he was(miles from his only marker) looking at the player win the ball and not challenge is ridiculous ,  he’s just not a good defender

Seemed to be more concerned about holding the defensive shape rather than deal with it. If he loses the ball and someone then gets in behind him, Souttar was there to cover, and they are getting pushed towards the corner flag, not straight down the middle. 

He's going through an horrendous personal issue right now and any other manager worth their salt would have took him out of the firing line and told him to stay at him with his family this week. As for the goal we conceded, it was just a shambles in every direction. The keeper, Souttar and Barisic all having a nightmare. 

8 minutes ago, Rangers Da 1872 said:

He's going through an horrendous personal issue right now and any other manager worth their salt would have took him out of the firing line and told him to stay at him with his family this week. As for the goal we conceded, it was just a shambles in every direction. The keeper, Souttar and Barisic all having a nightmare. 

While i broadly agree with you there, I would imagine Gio would have been asking Souttar if he felt ready. And if the answer is yes, then there isn't much blame to aportion to Gio. Nor on Souttar. 

5 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Some of the reactions to Souttars performance on Saturday have been well over the top. 1 competitive game for us and now he's apparently shite. This place is wild at times with its kneejerk reactions.

Or maybe people thought he was guff at hearts as well and dont rate him, this isn't some foreign boy from a league we dont see, people have had plenty opportunity to see souttar in domestic games, imo he's worse than balogun, no better than katic and if he wasn't scottish to fill a euro quota he wouldnt be here

If davies comes in and plays well souttar is fighting like mad just for a strip on matchday, arguably you'd have sands in before him purely down to his versatility, and Helander is still with us

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

While i broadly agree with you there, I would imagine Gio would have been asking Souttar if he felt ready. And if the answer is yes, then there isn't much blame to aportion to Gio. Nor on Souttar. 

I don't think the player should get a say in the matter in these circumstances, they may want to take their mind off it, they may think they are ok, but no one is ok, let's be honest. It's going to be on his mind and it's going to affect his ability to perform 100%, it just is, he's human. Would be the same for anyone. I admire his commitment if he's said he is ok to play but it really shouldn't have been up to him. 

Or if Souttar has stated he is absolutely fine to play and then put in the 3 performances he has in the last 2 weeks then alarm bells are clearly ringing everywhere, he's been fucking horrendous, let's be honest again. He was a monster for Hearts but this isn't Hearts he's playing for now. I was hoping he'd be like Alan McLaren but sadly not. Yet. 

If a death in the family curtailed the start to his Rangers career then so be it. We have a big squad and we could have waited for him and gave him time. 

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Or maybe people thought he was guff at hearts as well and dont rate him, this isn't some foreign boy from a league we dont see, people have had plenty opportunity to see souttar in domestic games, imo he's worse than balogun, no better than katic and if he wasn't scottish to fill a euro quota he wouldnt be here

If davies comes in and plays well souttar is fighting like mad just for a strip on matchday, arguably you'd have sands in before him purely down to his versatility, and Helander is still with us

Reckon it’s a stick on he’s 3rd choice behind Goldson and Davies .

We ain’t paying 4m for a 3rd choice CB .

2 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

Surely he can’t start tomorrow or in any of the CL qualifiers. He’s already shown signs of the shirt being too big for him. If he screws up in the qualifiers he’ll be finished at Rangers before he is started. Let him find himself in the SPL and cup games.

He's not in the squad apparently

Regarding the bit in bold, that's nonsense. I've been one of the most critical of him for his last 2 performances but they are just that, his last 2 performances. I certainly wouldn't have played him in the Champions League tomorrow even if he was available, but he's clearly better than he's shown so far. Souttar will come good for us, he's clearly in an absolute mess at the moment but we know he's better than this. If the personal things are the reason for that then hopefully he battles through it. 

25 minutes ago, Rangers Da 1872 said:

I don't think the player should get a say in the matter in these circumstances, they may want to take their mind off it, they may think they are ok, but no one is ok, let's be honest. It's going to be on his mind and it's going to affect his ability to perform 100%, it just is, he's human. Would be the same for anyone. I admire his commitment if he's said he is ok to play but it really shouldn't have been up to him. 

Or if Souttar has stated he is absolutely fine to play and then put in the 3 performances he has in the last 2 weeks then alarm bells are clearly ringing everywhere, he's been fucking horrendous, let's be honest again. He was a monster for Hearts but this isn't Hearts he's playing for now. I was hoping he'd be like Alan McLaren but sadly not. Yet. 

If a death in the family curtailed the start to his Rangers career then so be it. We have a big squad and we could have waited for him and gave him time. 

Get what your saying, however this reeks of one rule for pampered players and another for the working class.

If it's good enough for me, or anyone else to lose a family member and continue to work then it should be good enough for souttar. Just my opinion.

FFS my grandparents brought me up but couldn't even attend the funeral as I had used all my holidays up at the time but because she wasn't direct family I wasn't allowed am unpaid days leave

i'm not going to blame souttar for for that goal, sure he could have done better in trying to defend it however what the hell was McLaughlin doing? why was he that far off his line if he had no intention of coming for the ball? we gave pelters to greegs for not coming off his line at set pieces and other defensive cockups last season.

5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

He's not in the squad apparently

Regarding the bit in bold, that's nonsense. I've been one of the most critical of him for his last 2 performances but they are just that, his last 2 performances. I certainly wouldn't have played him in the Champions League tomorrow even if he was available, but he's clearly better than he's shown so far. Souttar will come good for us, he's clearly in an absolute mess at the moment but we know he's better than this. If the personal things are the reason for that then hopefully he battles through it. 

Is he better than what he's shown so far, and even then is that better going to be good enough for us in a title race or a euro run

Cause if not then we've basically signed someone on 5 figures a week to do heehaw

36 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Don't agree. I don't think any player will say he's not up to playing. The manager has to make the call.

1 minute ago, Kents_Hook said:

i'm not going to blame souttar for for that goal, sure he could have done better in trying to defend it however what the hell was McLaughlin doing? why was he that far off his line if he had no intention of coming for the ball? we gave pelters to greegs for not coming off his line at set pieces and other defensive cockups last season.

Wait you dont blame a centre half for a flick on going over his head while he turns like a pint of milk while the striker he's marking gets away from him

6 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Get what your saying, however this reeks of one rule for pampered players and another for the working class.

If it's good enough for me, or anyone else to lose a family member and continue to work then it should be good enough for souttar. Just my opinion.

FFS my grandparents brought me up but couldn't even attend the funeral as I had used all my holidays up at the time but because she wasn't direct family I wasn't allowed am unpaid days leave

Where to begin.

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

No idea why he spends time after a game reading comments on the internet :lol: 

probably habit after he used to get hounded. he may as well have been reading the comment whilst the ball was bouncing over the top of his head. hopefully it is just a bad game and we see an improvement and consistency

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Is he better than what he's shown so far, and even then is that better going to be good enough for us in a title race or a euro run

Cause if not then we've basically signed someone on 5 figures a week to do heehaw

He can't have ever played any worse than the last 2 games so yes.

Seen Souttar a few times and he's been excellent. He'll come good. 

Just now, rabc10000 said:

And your not?? Why should footballers on crazy money get luxuries guys on minimum wage don't get.

He hasn't, he still played.

You're basically saying it shouldn't affect him, when it would still affect people on minimum wage too. Difference is if we sit at a desk and be unproductive that's a lot less of a detriment than him being in a match with his mind all over the place and costing points