The VAR decision against us

RangersMedia

9 hours ago, LaaRFC said:

The penalty is absolutely the wrong decision but a part of me can kind of understand it being given. Each ref seems to have their own understanding of the handball laws and Goldson’s arm is raised and outside the “natural silhouette”. 

How he gets a booking absolutely blows my mind though. Has the ref watched that and deemed it deliberate!? 

When the shot is taken, his arm is inside the natural silhouette. So there is no reason at all in the rules that a penalty should be given.

About time UEFA train their officials properly.

Have Rangers asked for clarification from the officials as to why the penalty was given? Has the reason been given to us yet? It was a handball in the most ridiculous circumstances. “Harsh in the extreme” I think were the words used by Tom Miller and Gordon Smith on RangersTV. Sums it up.

Was talking to a mate before the game yesterday and we agreed that the officials should be mic’d up like they are in rugby, so we can hear their reasoning behind decisions like that. That’s an area that should be looked at with urgency in my opinion.

Utterly shocking decision.

All very well saying how pish we were (which we very much were) but at the end of the day we should only be one goal down as they didn’t convert the chances they created.

If we go out next week by one goal we of course have to look at ourselves and our performance but there should be a large amount of attention on the incompetence of the ref & VAR officials for not implementing the laws of the game correctly.

It is a decision that could play into us loosing at least £5M but so far the ref (just like so many others) seems to have just gotten to walk away from the game with no consequences for his incompetence. 

38 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Two sides to this - VAR still comes down to the opinion of humans. VAR doesn't detract from the fact that we were utter gash last night and fortunate not to be on the arse end of a cricket score.

Pish.

I'm not sure the ref was convinced he should have been giving it, even as he was running back toeards the pitch to give it he didnt look convinced.. Seemed to me like he was advised / instructed to do so.

I'd honestly have thought (not just last night but in general) we'd have seen examples of refs disagreeing with the var panel and not giving the decisions. But it just never seems to happen.

My issue with the current offside is you are actually penalised as the defending team. Last night Goldson had to clear a long ball that was clearly offside to about 3 of their players. He could have risked it and left it but then you are relying on a linesman and who the fuck would do that? It was a poor clearance and fell to one of their midfielders and by then their players were back onside and had us under pressure.

It should have been flagged right away and free kick given.

It's fucking mad.

19 hours ago, psb07158 said:

…was just wrong, per UEFA’s own rules:

Two referees have looked at that and given the penalty, the club should be shouting from the rooftops about this as it’s a goal that could be the decider in the tie. 

Whilst I agree, James Sands should’ve been off. Twice we he was on a booking he did professional fouls where he didn’t touch the ball, can’t believe the ref missed those also.

20 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

I honestly don't think I would be.

Agree 100% with you mate. I wouldn't have been screaming for a penalty if it was the other way about. It was a fucking horrendous decision and to make things worse Goldson gets a booking. Still think we can turn it around.