John Souttar

RangersMedia

There is no easy way to watch someone die, but the likes of Cancer and MND are horribly draining, that in its self makes it astonishing Souttar had the mental strength to even be at training this last while.

Lets remember our role when he comes back on the pitch.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Someone posted on FF last week that they saw Souttar in a foot brace in Woodlands. Not sure if it's the same guy from that tweet.

The problem you have is someone will read it on FF, and then post it on Twitter, and before you know it everyone believes it’s the case.

Hopefully not the case, but think everything will be clearer after the CL playoff. 

Not the best of times/starts for Souttar.  
Personal tragedy, unconvincing competitive  debut and now it seems he’s picked up an injury. 
Feel quite sorry for him tbh, however I’m also fairly confident he’ll come back stronger & be a valued player this season. 

Who do we have available to make up for Goldson's mistakes?

I like Souttar as a player, showed up very well in the SC. His performance reminded me of how well Ian Ferguson did against us when it was a well known secret he was coming to us.

Just needs time.

2 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Who do we have available to make up for Goldson's mistakes?

I like Souttar as a player, showed up very well in the SC. His performance reminded me of how well Ian Ferguson did against us when it was a well known secret he was coming to us.

Just needs time.

😂

I'm all for having a young high-potential 4th CH in our squad. But not if one or more of the first 3 are injured or very injury prone.

King has been in the 1st team squad for a while now but barely gets a look in and we play Sands before him who I'd imagine isn't in the squad as a CH.

I know he's just 18, but you've really got to wonder whats going on with King and his likelihood of getting a real chance.

King is training with first team and as you said he’s only 18, the more experienced Sands will obviously be used before him until Davies and Souttar get fit. I’d hope he gets on in some cup games when we are ahead. But I don’t think we have to worry about the lads progress just yet. 

4 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

King is training with first team and as you said he’s only 18, the more experienced Sands will obviously be used before him until Davies and Souttar get fit. I’d hope he gets on in some cup games when we are ahead. But I don’t think we have to worry about the lads progress just yet. 

As I understand it King is a 1st team squad member, not just training with them. A CH not getting a chance at CH despite our issues there.

Maybe it's too early for him to be permanently in the 1st team squad yet, or to be considered a viable option for most games.

I can get people being frustrated with us singing him with his injury record but a broken foot (if true) is more to do with bad luck than being injury prone IMO, fair enough if it was a recurring muscular problem but a broken foot could happen to any player in training or a game. 

4 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Why are people surprised Souttar is injured? We've got this habit of buying injury prone players and thinking they won't be injury prone. 

Especially CBs from hearts. In recent times have we signed a CB from hearts that wasn’t a crock?

Mclaren iirc was a great player but injured often? I can’t remember too much about Davy Macpherson?

ritchie and Webster were permanently injured.