Tillman

Essandoh

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I don't rate Tillman at all.   Has ability but little desire.   More often than not, he's a spectator on the park.

Or he is disillusioned with management at being dropped / punted out to right wing after a promising start.

I know it sounds daft but he is one of those players who is actually quicker than he looks, which I think contributes to the perception he is lazy.

He is far from perfect but given the relative lack of creativity we get from our midfield & wide areas I think we should be doing all we can to accommodate him. Similar to Hagi, he can be infuriatingly non existent in a game and then pop up with a moment of magic.

10 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

Or he is disillusioned with management at being dropped / punted out to right wing after a promising start.

I know it sounds daft but he is one of those players who is actually quicker than he looks, which I think contributes to the perception he is lazy.

He is far from perfect but given the relative lack of creativity we get from our midfield & wide areas I think we should be doing all we can to accommodate him. Similar to Hagi, he can be infuriatingly non existent in a game and then pop up with a moment of magic.

I'd rather we utilised our own young players.   Boys with better attitude and a fair amount of skill such as Lowry, McCann and McKinnon.

18 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'd rather we utilised our own young players.   Boys with better attitude and a fair amount of skill such as Lowry, McCann and McKinnon.

100%.

Lowry will overtake tillman again after the WC break.

Unless tillman can produce 8/10 each game and lile mwell on sunday...

24 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Can’t really comment on McKinnon as I haven’t seen him.  Once he is back to fitness Lowry should be taking Kent’s place - he has been disinterested / out of form most of the season and it’s more likely than not he is leaving for free in the summer. McCann is a different type of player for me, we should 100% be trying to get him more game time over Davis / Arfield.

Tillman could be our player - yes we would need to pay for him but the only way we find that out is if he gets a consistent game in his preferred position, which also happens to be a position we are particularly lacking in depth for with Lawrence out.

4 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

100%.

Lowry will overtake tillman again after the WC break.

Unless tillman can produce 8/10 each game and lile mwell on sunday...

I've yet to see any indication that GVB had any intention of using Lowry, before his injury Lowry hardly made the bench let alone get on the pitch, I like Lowry but GVB seems to maybe not rate him as much as the fans do 

Find it a bit weird how people can pin it on a lack of effort with Tillman, at the start of the season when he was arguably our best player no one would talk about effort or desire. But a bit of bad form and suddenly it’s his attitude rather than a young player just being out of form. Not been helped in the regards that the games where he was poor have mostly been out of position. 

1 minute ago, stuart1994 said:

Find it a bit weird how people can pin it on a lack of effort with Tillman, at the start of the season when he was arguably our best player no one would talk about effort or desire. But a bit of bad form and suddenly it’s his attitude rather than a young player just being out of form. Not been helped in the regards that the games where he was poor have mostly been out of position. 

He hadn't had a proper pre season iirc so to me, his 'lack of effort' was seen as a fitness issue. As time went on, that really couldn't be the case. 

Personally I just think he's a slow player, and, as you say, struggles when played out of position. You saw what he can do on Sunday. He's a player.....we just have to find the right formation to play him in!

I don’t think he’s as slow as people make out. Definitely quicker than Arfield. He’s had a few really good instances of winning the ball back by being quick off the mark.

I think it’s more likely that the boy is 20. Hasn’t played senior football. Isn’t used to pressing for 90 minutes and the intensity of the spl. Both knowing how/when to press and having the fitness to do so. 

You also learn with experience how to save your energy. When to press/sprint. Rather than constantly strolling around using energy. 

He will be much stronger and fitter in a years time. Both Bassey and Aribo were beasts by the time they left us 

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

I don’t think he’s as slow as people make out. Definitely quicker than Arfield. He’s had a few really good instances of winning the ball back by being quick off the mark.

I think it’s more likely that the boy is 20. Hasn’t played senior football. Isn’t used to pressing for 90 minutes and the intensity of the spl. Both knowing how/when to press and having the fitness to do so. 

You also learn with experience how to save your energy. When to press/sprint. Rather than constantly strolling around using energy. 

He will be much stronger and fitter in a years time. Both Bassey and Aribo were beasts by the time they left us 

Far too logical for this forum.

2 hours ago, stuart1994 said:

Wrong.

Check my posts from pre season.

I seen it in tillman even then.

Scored 2 salmon leaps and importamt goals but wasnt our best player. Gave the baw away alot, the jogging thing he does shows lack of desire.

Lawrence was our best player start of season.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

A young inexperienced player plays like a young inexperienced player. It’s hardly a groundbreaking or unexpected development is it? 

Might just be me, but don’t remember seeing young loan players be quite so lazy looking.

Likes of Ejaria, Kent, Ojo etc all looked like they worked hard even when they were pish.

He’s absolutely wasted out right regardless. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Might just be me, but don’t remember seeing young loan players be quite so lazy looking.

Likes of Ejaria, Kent, Ojo etc all looked like they worked hard even when they were pish.

He’s absolutely wasted out right regardless. 

Its annoying lazy where it looks like he thinks hes an established pro where hes that luxury outball who is magic whilst giving the ball away.

Sun after he scored was first yime ive seen him chase things down.

7 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Tillman’s a complete luxury player IMO.

Games like Sunday where we can carry him a little bit are ideal because he might come up with a moment of magic like he did, but I wouldn’t have him near the team for any “big” games where you have to earn the right to play first.

Who has earned the right to play in big games ahead of him though?

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s earned absolutely nothing 

There’s a reason he plays in most big games and that’s because you are guaranteed a shift from him. Say what you want about him, but he will run himself into the ground.