Hot Headed Morelos

Blue Viking

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

Not sure why folk are getting so worked up about Colak being viewed as a direct replacement for Morelos.

the guy will almost certainly score just as many, if not more goals in a season.
He fucked us out of the CL last year with 2 goals.

he might not run about or get stuck in as much as Alfredo but from what I’ve seen he’s a far better striker in and around the box. Players around him, and tactics,  just need to adjust.

Let’s not beat about bush here, Colak has been shocking in the away games.

Bullied at Livingston and Hibs and non existant at USG.

He’s ideal for games at Ibrox against Jobbers but him just standing about waiting for us to create clear cut chances, particularly in away games, just wont work.

We aren’t a good enough team to just have a poacher play up front by himself.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He’s ideal for games at Ibrox against Jobbers but him just standing about waiting for us to create clear cut chances, particularly in away games, just wont work.

Him upfront against the Tarriers is the fear 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Mate, we don't fkn create chances, if we did he'd stick them away, first shot on goal Saturday, the penalty, the guy has no fkn chance 

We will obviously sign a striker

Didn't we say the same thing about either LB or CB and then signed Yilmaz/Davies? Can't remember which signing it was, but there was definitely a line fed that we didn't need a replacement for a position right before we then signed one. 

It's just a line put out to back Colak and take the pressure off finding the right transfer. 

Whether the striker who comes in is good enough is the main worry

We should have ripped the band aid off with Alfie, Kent and Goldson already but here we are watching Goldson look more lost than he ever has and Alfie up to old tricks from three years ago. I have no qualms in regards to Kent as of yet but the fact we're sitting here with a week left in the window with him (and Alfie) not with a new deal or out the door is extremely concerning.

12 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Morelos if the drink stuff etc is true then even for me as probably his biggest fan on here he will need to go.

Where the issues start to come for me is, if he’s turned up late and or been out on it last week and the club knew then why have they allowed him to be available for selection on Saturday?

if the club have an issue with his conditioning then again why was he made available for selection?

I like big colak and I like what he brings, but we can’t go into a season with only him and also viewing him as an alfie replacement is baffling. They don’t offer anywhere near what the other does, our all round game is better when Alfie is on song. Colak is good but he has limitations.

I’ve not seen us properly dominate a back line when he’s been up top. That’s not a slight on him btw as it’s not an easy thing to do but we will be slap bang in trouble if Alfie has played his last game for us and our management view colak as a full replacement for him 

It's a bit of a contradiction from the Club, as the answer to the part in bold is because despite of all these things they/the Manager know how crucial he is to the team. It's obvious how much of a different type of player he is to Colak.

So for them to then say Colak is the direct replacement makes no sense for that exact reasoning.

I'm fully behind the action taken on Morelos, I'm backing the Manager and regardless of personal thoughts towards Morelos its one step too far.

I also agree on the detail we have given for him being dropped, but the subsequent rumours flying about and snippets of information coming from fan media again highlights how poor we are when it comes to our PR 'plan'.

5 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Didn't we say the same thing about either LB or CB and then signed Yilmaz/Davies? Can't remember which signing it was, but there was definitely a line fed that we didn't need a replacement for a position right before we then signed one. 

It's just a line put out to back Colak and take the pressure off finding the right transfer. 

Thought it was pretty obvious we would sign a goalkeeper this window aswell tbh 

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Aye the Rangers review said we didn't need to replace Bassey or something very simillar 

2 minutes ago, Duncn said:

Could be the making of Morelos although a shite time to happen it's first time he's been seriously repremanded by the club hopefully he realises now that this Rangers no player is bigger than the club 

It's not. He was dropped twice by Gerrard for his attitude including for a game that could have cost Gerrard his job.