Hot Headed Morelos

Blue Viking

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So Morelos doesn't show for a recovery session but is involved in the next two games before being punished? This makes even less sense than the previous story.

Possibly why he never got subbed on against PSV and why GVB was quite abrupt answering question about it.

Too much speculation and very few facts.

Any ban for the red does not matter as he won't feature for some time. If we get a bid, any bid, then he is off. No bid and the ball is back with Alfredo to show both management and his team mates that he is fit with his head in the right place.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So Morelos doesn't show for a recovery session but is involved in the next two games before being punished? This makes even less sense than the previous story.

Rangers have absolutely fucked this morelos is a petulant wee bastard. Constantly let's himself down however don't throw the baby out the bath water the night before our biggest game of the season. 

What does publicly shaming our biggest asset achive just over a week before the window shuts. 

Horrific management imo. 

I think the writing is on the wall for Morelos. Don't think we will see him again. The turning of the fan media all singing from the same hymn sheet makes me think it is the final straw. And the club are going to cut our losses without a recognised replacement is just Ameatur hour. 

Just now, GWR1979 said:

I think the writing is on the wall for Morelos. Don't think we will see him again. The turning of the fan media all singing from the same hymn sheet makes me think it is the final straw. And the club are going to cut our losses without a recognised replacement is just Ameatur hour. 

*Amateur*

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Contract offer off the table = Morelos and his agent have told club he wont be signing new contract.

That on top of any Disciplinary recently has led to Gio dropping him from squad regarding behaviour and the clubs PR dept going nuclear.

I think it will be something along these lines which would explain fan media turning on him like jilted teenagers. 

40 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Is it not possible that the red on Sunday was a “final straw” moment?

Don’t have any info so could be way off the mark but I could see a scenario where the coaching staff & club have been unhappy with his attitude / fitness throughout preseason but given his role in the squad and how last season ended for him (maybe some understanding that   missing out on the EL final etc has had a negative impact on him emotionally) and that if there is no movement on a new contract we might want to have the option to sell him near the end of the window (and that getting some minutes and performances out of him would be our best route to maximising value) there has been a willingness to give him a little more leeway to get himself straight but it has backfired, things haven’t improved and the red card and his reaction after have been a step too far.

48 minutes ago, rossco87 said:

Is it not possible that the red on Sunday was a “final straw” moment?

Don’t have any info so could be way off the mark but I could see a scenario where the coaching staff & club have been unhappy with his attitude / fitness throughout preseason but given his role in the squad and how last season ended for him (maybe some understanding that   missing out on the EL final etc has had a negative impact on him emotionally) and that if there is no movement on a new contract we might want to have the option to sell him near the end of the window (and that getting some minutes and performances out of him would be our best route to maximising value) there has been a willingness to give him a little more leeway to get himself straight but it has backfired, things haven’t improved and the red card and his reaction after have been a step too far.

He has also been out injured for some time so his pre season has been different 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Imagine briefing someone "we told him to go on holiday in spain rather going to see his family in Colombia so he would have to self-isolate in spain on his own instead of when he returned to Glasgow. "

It’s a ridiculous thing to ask him to do in the first place. It’s even more ridiculous to leak the story as a stick to beat HIM with, when it just makes the club look bad :lol: Wonder who’s been overseeing this…? 🙄

9 minutes ago, SPWF said:

It’s a ridiculous thing to ask him to do in the first place. It’s even more ridiculous to leak the story as a stick to beat HIM with, when it just makes the club look bad :lol: Wonder who’s been overseeing this…? 🙄

I'm not even sure it's legal tbh. Leaking it shows just how inept our staunch director of comms is. Especially when you add it to the line elsewhere in the article about him having 'fitness clauses' inserted into his contract in 2018. To the best of my knowledge, none of those have been broken in the four years since so it doesn't really help to paint him as they've tried.

EDIT: Here's another belter: image.png.d5ba703fbcca092e99d030a95b017f10.png

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm not even sure it's legal tbh. Leaking it shows just how inept our staunch director of comms is. Especially when you add it to the line elsewhere in the article about him having 'fitness clauses' inserted into his contract in 2018. To the best of my knowledge, none of those have been broken in the four years since so it doesn't really help to paint him as they've tried.

EDIT: Here's another belter: image.png.d5ba703fbcca092e99d030a95b017f10.png

That edit is fucking unreal. Dear oh dear :lol:

15 hours ago, DiamondDan said:

Like who? Struggle to think of anyone more unreliable playing for Rangers in the last 30 years. Plus it's his lifestyle and attitude that's also poor.

I didnt really mean in our squad. Just in general and historically.

Hes hardly headbutting people or karate kicking fans.

Porteus is worse than morelos but clyde 1 dont spend whole segments discussing his Ned behaviour.

Not saying Alfie is a saint but it was his first red in a while and its been blown out of proportion

Advantage Rangers.

If he wants to fuck us over and lose perhaps his only chance of playing in the champions league then hell mend him.

Not too late for him, but tonight now allows us to do what's right for us without worrying about the financial impact of the decision.