Ben Davies

eskbankloyal

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

"That's too much for Hajduk at the moment, so we didn't even get to talking about it. And Van Bronckhorst wanted all players to return from loan.

"By the way, at the beginning of the preparations I was in Split, I said goodbye to my teammates, the coach, the sports director, the president – everything went great. I really had a great time in Hajduk."

Yeah, so Hajduk didn't even offer anything. Clearly not interested or they'd have at least attempted some kind of negotiation. It's pretty obvious we'd have been easy to deal with if Hajduk were interested.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Use your words, mate. Those kinds of responses are almost as embarrassing as thinking Katic is a player.

Whats embarrassing is you being unable to grasp things. Pretty tragic actually.

Imagine actually going on about them negotating when Hadjuk have spent £0 this summer and don't have the finances.

Its cool, you clearly can't accept you were wrong.

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Whats embarrassing is you being unable to grasp things. Pretty tragic actually.

Imagine actually going on about them negotating when Hadjuk have spent £0 this summer and don't have the finances.

Its cool, you clearly can't accept you were wrong.

k

We'd have let him go to get him off the wage bill. Which is more or less what will happen in the end. Maybe a nominal fee.

Horrible if true and just cements the sort of start to the season we've had.  We paid over the odds for a player Liverpool never played and paid 1/3 of what we had to pay, the joys of dealing with an EPL team. Personally, and i've said before, I don't think we should be shipping fees out the club like this unless they go into the team from Day1, hate signing players and it taking weeks for them to be up to speed.  In fairness to him, I thought he cruised through the St. Johnstone game so be harsh on him if it's a longer term injury, here's hoping it is just rumours.

3 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

It would affect goldsons thing on the ball where he sticks his arms out whilst slowing play right down doing his dilly dally.

What a strange grievance to have about his play.

Blaming others, not puting his heid in the way of the ball, shit clearance from corners aye I've seen it.

Arm waving, slowing play, dilly dallying?. Bizarre take imo.

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

What a strange grievance to have about his play.

Blaming others, not puting his heid in the way of the ball, shit clearance from corners aye I've seen it.

Arm waving, slowing play, dilly dallying?. Bizarre take imo.

Slowing our turgid build up play

1 minute ago, falkirkNS said:

Slowing our turgid build up play

He's the only one to pass forward, man.

How much quicker does Sands build the play (largely passes only to Goldson or Borna) or Borna (largely passes only to Sands)?

And when all three have most players in front of them playing at being statues, grumbling about Goldson slowing play seems a pretty strange blame game ( almost as good as Goldsons blaming of others).

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's the only one to pass forward, man.

How much quicker does Sands build the play (largely passes only to Goldson or Borna) or Borna (largely passes only to Sands)?

And when all three have most players in front of them playing at being statues, grumbling about Goldson slowing play seems a pretty strange blame game ( almost as good as Goldsons blaming of others).

He’s rubbish. 

He needs to do far better. At set pieces i dont think zonal marking helps him though it may help others.

He gets it tight rightly when hes at fault but yesterdays first had Tav Sands and to a lesser extent Borna culpable but little made of it.

He was sensational in the league win season where we lost so few goals. But now collectively we're crap in defence, i include midfield support in that criticism, it's a collective shiteness, he's undoubtedly playing his part in it too. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He needs to do far better. At set pieces i dont think zonal marking helps him though it may help others.

He gets it tight rightly when hes at fault but yesterdays first had Tav Sands and to a lesser extent Borna culpable but little made of it.

He was sensational in the league win season where we lost so few goals. Bit now collectively we're crap in defence, i include midfield support in that criticism, it's a collective shiteness, he's undoubtedly playing his part in it too. 

1 season out of 5. It’s piss poor. He’s just been handed a 35K a weekend long term contract as well. We absolutely don’t get value for money out of him. 

5 minutes ago, SPWF said:

1 season out of 5. It’s piss poor. He’s just been handed a 35K a weekend long term contract as well. We absolutely don’t get value for money out of him. 

He absolutely should be on our top few earners.

Where you seeing his salary sourced?

Dunno why ppl are greetin about paying £4 mil tbh

peanuts to a EPL club 

When players like Tavernier's brother are signing on for 23mil it puts it in perspective 

The Bassey money should have been used to sort a decent 10/12 mil centre half if we were serious about the CL imo

1 hour ago, HuistraHairDo said:

peanuts to a EPL club 

When players like Tavernier's brother are signing on for 23mil it puts it in perspective 

The Bassey money should have been used to sort a decent 10/12 mil centre half if we were serious about the CL imo

Tavernier brother didn’t go for anywhere close to that amount.

2 hours ago, HuistraHairDo said:

peanuts to a EPL club 

Marcus Tavernier went for £10m plus add ons of around £3m.

:lol: We ain't ever spending £10-12m on one centre half.

Screenshot_20220821-204012_Samsung Internet.jpg