Lundstram red appealed

G.E.C.

We have had issues with Collum before and we may well complain after the event by which time it’s too late.  I would be looking for us to allude to our concerns before the match in interviews.  Not calling the referee a cheat but having a question set up and answer ready that we can refer back to after the match win, lose or draw.

Just now, East Enclosure Row N said:

For good reason - as well as the elbow, he slung out a backheeler into the guy's shin at the same time. Never saw this myself at first until the slo-mo replay.

What elbow?

47 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

The foul on Lundstram was far worse.    All you need is to show both.

I did look at both and I agree with you. However Lundstram had no chance of getting the ball and his foot was high.

I don't think the appeal pannel will look a comparisons. They will just look to see if there is enough evidence to downgrade to a yellow, and I'm not sure there is.

25 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Ok, backhander. He lead with the elbow though, and the hand made contact. If Hibs player was closer, elbow would have made contact first

If hibs player was closer, and he'd made contact, then it would be a clear red. If Lundstram had been higher, more forceful, more reckless to endangering his opppnent then his might have been too.

It wasn't. As needless as it was, it needs to be called for what it was and it simply wasn't an elbow.

2 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Ok, backhander. He lead with the elbow though, and the hand made contact. If Hibs player was closer, elbow would have made contact first

It's buts and maybes. Stretch to call it dangerous foul play, he caught him with his hand. 100% sent off because it's Alfredo Morelos and nothing else. 

2 hours ago, RoboBearToo said:

I did look at both and I agree with you. However Lundstram had no chance of getting the ball and his foot was high.

I don't think the appeal pannel will look a comparisons. They will just look to see if there is enough evidence to downgrade to a yellow, and I'm not sure there is.

I think they have to look at both, and arguably the tackle on Lundstram was made with more force.  Both are Yellow cards all day long.

6 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

So can I. Quite a few adamant on here that it was a booking. 

The way I saw it, Morelos appears to take 2 separate actions the first atage his arm is up over the hibs players chest and neck and that was not a red, but he then swings it for a second time and that one is a red. 

5 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

To be brutally honest, it puts the fear of god into them for giving bad decisions against us, knowing that they will be scrutinised and put under a microscope for weeks.

It means we should get less bad decisions against us, and even probably benefit from getting away with shit that we deserve to be punished for. Completely unfair, but exactly what the other side have been doing for years to a clearly obvious benefit.

I would settle for things just being fair, but as long as we just bend over and take things without applying pressure, the less fear in the refs to continue giving decisions against us that we should get.

The options seem to be dont complain and get bad decisions against us or kick up hell and maybe get fair decisions against us and possibly some to our advantage that we dont deserve.

I would rather we did the second.

It certainly worked for them, even the Refs going to go on strike has never stopped them getting decisions in their favour, so I agree make it public.

4 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It puts some public pressure on.

That lot have been doing it for years and they benefit from it.

We would all prefer fair and consistent decisions from officials.

But we aren't getting that. 2 similar challenges in our game this weekend and only ours was deemed a red card.

That happened against scum fc how quickly are they out publicly demanding explanations and official reviews. 

We need to fight fire with fire. 

I agree with this, we would all like it to be different but Scotland is run from the very top by people who hate Rangers. Whether it is politics or football we need to start being heard, and yes fight fire with fire. :thumbup: