*****The Official Rangers v QOTS Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

Just now, ElBufalo20 said:

Overreaction on here as usual.

A starting eleven that have never played together and never will again.

Game won and onto next round. There’s really no need for any over the top criticism or over analysis 

Still as a professional footballer you should be putting on some sort of individual performance. Working as a team? Ofcourse it shouldn't really work. But individually a good few let themselves down tonight big time.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Still as a professional footballer you should be putting on some sort of individual performance. Working as a team? Ofcourse it shouldn't really work. But individually a good few let themselves down tonight big time.

No one really let themselves down. I see the hate for Sakala but he was involved in our first 2 goals. (3 in the game!)

Thought we were decent without being great tonight. We didn’t really come out for the start of the second half (think QotS pushed up on our back line a bit which put us out our stride) and then started to look very nervous when it was still 2-1.

King was pretty composed and solid defensively. Would be comfortable with him in the majority of league matches.

Yilmaz looked a lot better than his first outing. He is small but won his fair share of physical duals, was pretty solid defensively and looks like he will bring a lot in an attacking sense.

Thought Ure looked like he has a chance.  He was very raw and needs to work on his first touch but has the attributes and looks like he has a level of  game intelligence / work rate.

There is a player in Devine, going to be hard for him as Tav’s understudy as won’t get much game time but hopefully is learning every day from him.

Not ready to give up on Matondo yet but wasn’t great again tonight he wasted so many crossing opportunities.

McCann looks a talent - he should be getting game time ahead of Kamara in home games for me. There were some passes and link up that only Davis in our midfield is really capable of.

I will be astounded if Sakala is still at the club come Friday. He was absolutely shocking and shouldn’t have come back out for the second half.

Just now, Swagger said:

GVB “thinks this is the squad we are going to have”

Not sounding promising for new arrivals. Given the injuries we just aren’t strong enough. 
If Gio thinks we are fine then he’s sadly mistaken. 

Surely to fuck he realises we need a few decent players in 

19 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I always felt McCann fell under the radar of Lowry. They are equally great talents. I would be shocked if either became the next Jamie Ness. They look like the real deal.

I would imagine it is itchy bum time for Sakala in the next two days. I think his time might be up.

Ness is an odd one to use given it was injuries that robbed him of a great career instead of lack of talent/desire etc 

4 minutes ago, Davidorrp said:

Disagree with the opinions in here that Sakala was shocking. Think he did ok, had some good direct runs and has pace and some trickery. He’s not perfect by any means but neither was Matondo. Boy did fine for us. 

People have made their minds up.

Scott Wright gets praised for similar performances...

1 minute ago, BlueAvenger said:

Surely to fuck he realises we need a few decent players in 

Doesn’t sound like it. We are trying to compete with celtic and somehow stay in Europe - given the number of players out we are nowhere near strong enough and itll be weeks/months till they are all available. 
It really sounds like they aren’t working on anything. The money they’ve taken in and the money the fans pour in and they are sitting on their hands - fucking disgrace 

10 minutes ago, Swagger said:

GVB “thinks this is the squad we are going to have”

Not sounding promising for new arrivals. Given the injuries we just aren’t strong enough. 
If Gio thinks we are fine then he’s sadly mistaken. 

Came in late, watched the match “as live”, suffered through it, and now you tell me that! 😳😆

FS I thought we’d sign at least one quality player more on the back of the CL. Can’t say I’m not a bit concerned.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

Came in late, watched the match “as live”, suffered through it, and now you tell me that! 😳😆

FS I thought we’d sign at least one quality player more on the back of the CL. Can’t say I’m not a bit concerned.

Sounds like he’s going with what he’s got. Definitely sounds like they aren’t actively working on anything. 
We aren’t strong enough - simple as that 

Arfield and Yilmaz have given the manager something to think about for his Saturday team selection.  Davis was fine.

Wasn't overly impressed by Kamara or Jack. McGregor had nothing to judge him on (stunning finish).

Sakala not bad but that mistake is excusable. Similar thoughts on King. Matondo poor. 

Devine was fine, Ure poor (apart from goal.) Poetic 😏

Of the subs, McCann 👏👏👏

On we roll.