Who goes next summer( or earlier)

6superbarry6

It’s pretty obvious we have a squad bloated with shite and injury prone players, so who needs chopped from the squad. 

for me 

Roofe 

Helander (OOC)

Jack (OOC)

Kamara 

Sakala

Hagi 

Goldson (wishful thinking)

Arfield (OOC)

Davis (OOC)

McGregor (OOC) 

Sands (loan return- fee too high) 

looking like another huge rebuild next season, absolutely criminal we are in this position and the real possibly of losing Kent and Morelos on a free. 
At the very minimum next year we need a quality CM, GK and RW and probably a quality striker and centre back. 

33 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Unfortunately Morelos and Kent will go for fuck all. They should have been forced out the door this summer, if not sooner when their value was highest.

Tillman potentially retain. Sands not for me unless he gets game time and proves his worth as a midfielder but I dont see him as a good 4m investment so far.

All those OOC, let them go.

All those under contract are up for debate. None are safe. We do need to get better at selling when they're at the optimal value but crucially that money needs reinvested not banked.

I'm expecting pre-contracts at best in the next window not new faces. For that reason I doubt we'll move on folk before summer 

Think we might see Roofe and possibly Sakala away in January 

I’d add Scott Wright to the list - To inconsistent and not the right quality we need

If we could I’d take my money back on Yilmaz aswell - Might appear shortsighted or to early but doesn’t look like the stature of physicality required for our league

5 minutes ago, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

I’d add Scott Wright to the list - To inconsistent and not the right quality we need

If we could I’d take my money back on Yilmaz aswell - Might appear shortsighted or to early but doesn’t look like the stature of physicality required for our league

Too early to write off Yilmaz (and Matondo), I think Wright is a decent squad option coming off the bench tbh but the problem is he’s playing a far too prominent role in the squad because of our horrendous recruitment for the RW position. 

3 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Any fans writing off the season after 6 games?

Definitely not written off but we need change and it’s abundantly clear our squad recruitment hasn’t been good.

EL last year masked some domestic issues and already our away form is poor this season

Could do with some of the injured players coming back

I wouldn't wait until the summer. A clear-out is needed in January if players are still not up to speed after the World Cup. Namely Roofe and Helander but there are so many others. 

We really should be seeing what we have in Lowry, McCann & McKinnon before spending again.

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Unfortunately Morelos and Kent will go for fuck all. They should have been forced out the door this summer, if not sooner when their value was highest.

Tillman potentially retain. Sands not for me unless he gets game time and proves his worth as a midfielder but I dont see him as a good 4m investment so far.

All those OOC, let them go.

All those under contract are up for debate. None are safe. We do need to get better at selling when they're at the optimal value but crucially that money needs reinvested not banked.

I'm expecting pre-contracts at best in the next window not new faces. For that reason I doubt we'll move on folk before summer 

No one wanted either of them. Morelos’ stock had fallen even pre injury, and Kent is shite. Why would anyone pay money for a winger/forward who doesn’t score? 

14 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

In terms of the next transfer window the players who are out of contract, and I include Kent and Morelos, haven't signed we have an opportunity to get them out and bring fresh faces in!

Trouble is the money to do it. We free up wages but to replace those two you are looking at 10 plus million and its obvious there's no money to splash.

We need CL next season if we are to have a hope getting the kind of quality we need as I don't think the investors will be putting in any more now.

Hopefully wrong but it's how I see it

At this moment in time don’t really care who goes . Half them should have been this season , one that sticks in my head is To not entertain Burnley when the interest was legit seems absolute madness . Hasn’t had a sniff under Gio and rightfully so 

5 hours ago, The Godfather said:

31st Jan they will have their new teams and we will have fuck all money from them.

Sums up those running us

It really does. £16 million for Morelos rejected and letting top players run down their contracts to go for fuck all. 

Charlatans

6 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

It’s pretty obvious we have a squad bloated with shite and injury prone players, so who needs chopped from the squad. 

for me 

Roofe 

Helander (OOC)

Jack (OOC)

Kamara 

Sakala

Hagi 

Goldson (wishful thinking)

Arfield (OOC)

Davis (OOC)

McGregor (OOC) 

Sands (loan return- fee too high) 

looking like another huge rebuild next season, absolutely criminal we are in this position and the real possibly of losing Kent and Morelos on a free. 
At the very minimum next year we need a quality CM, GK and RW and probably a quality striker and centre back. 

We can argue about particular players, but the point is that two opportunities have been lost to have a major clear-out and rebuild. The first was after winning the title in 2021, when it would have made sense to day 'thanks and farewell' to a number of players, and the second was this summer, when the new manager should have been given the chance to build his own team. Despite the new arrivals, the heart of this squad is dated (not just age-wise).